Poll: Is 3 weeks too long?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    It's about right.

Not like we were exactly overflowing with content for the last 14 months, so 3 weeks of playing with all the new toys before the grind of raiding begins is good. Means I don't have to rush anything and can explore at my leisure, without feeling like we're falling behind.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Is it? Personally I think it is, I'm completely geared and ready to start raiding, as is a large portion of my guild, yet the shit doesn't start for another ~9-10 days. Would it have been better if say, the gap had only been two weeks? I know that there was a shitload of server instability in the first few days, and that the three week gap helped accommodate that, but still, I've almost run out of things to do already and the expansions only just started!
    Think about it this way: The expansion is going to last a certain amount of time. The day they choose to release the first raid will have zero bearing on the release date of the next expansion. So the sooner the first raid tier is released, the longer we'll be stuck in the last raid tier.

The single biggest problem with MoP was the fact that SoO was current content for so long. The only realistic way for them to have made that raid tier shorter would have been to release it later. If they had held back on releasing first ToT for an extra 6 weeks, then SoO for a further 6 weeks, we would have had to sit on SoO for 3 months less than we did.

Right now we all have an opportunity to enjoy the current content that it took them a year to make. Once you start raiding, it's likely that you'll not go back to that content. And then you'll rush to finish the raid content and complain that the next tier isn't out soon enough and that there isn't enough to do.

Pace yourself better. Stop rushing. I can almost guarantee that the game will be more fun that way. For a "terrible casual" like me who "only" gets to play about 3 or so hours a day, I hate this pressure to rush to raid readiness. I am enjoying the content right now (halfway through level 96 on my main, and level 92 on my first alt, mainly to get my Garrison active) and I want to take my time to get through the content at a fun pace. Why should the vast majority of us feel pressured into rushing for a small minority who are already bored, just so that they can be bored quicker once they're done with the first WoD raid tier?

TL;DR:
    Bringing out the new raid tier sooner puts pressure on players to rush through content they might prefer to savour a little. Those who want the raid tier open sooner are simply seeking to defer the boredom they are going to suffer once they have burned through the raid tier anyway.

Therefore it makes zero sense to bring it out sooner since all it will do is ruin the experience for the former group without making a real difference to the latter.

3 weeks seems perfect - finally there is no rush to hit raids - im really enjoying garrisons and a bt of alts lvling in the evenings without pressure of having to be raid ready. (i wouldnt mind if it was 5 or 6 weeks if it meant that we wont have to spend nearly 1.5 year in last tier ever again)
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-11-24 at 03:16 PM.

I agree that 3 weeks is good. Takes a lot of the pressure off.

If you are ready to raid on your main, maybe spend some time getting alts ready too?

Nope, it exists so that people can prepare for raiding without having to take 2 weeks of work to level/gear and so that people don't feel forced to rush through content... I still have plenty to do before raids release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 2 weeks would be ideal, and they probably would've done that but then it would have hit on Thanksgiving here. They absolutely take holidays into account, not only for the actual players, but when the first raid tier of an expansion releases they have to have plenty of people ready to fix whatever bugs, server issues, or other problems come up.

That said, I've been enjoying that I can go more slowly and do other things, level up an alt, do some archaeology, and otherwise play around with the expansion.

It's kind of a nice break.
    Free to play games explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4VRbsjZrQ

Way too long. I would be happy with 7 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it'd be nice if they held them back until after January first. Prople would riot, but I would like it.

No. Gives you perfect amount of time to prepare in terms of Garrison, gear, alts, professions, etc. Loving this small break while getting ready for em!

Nope, This is has been a great amount of time.

I have my two mains Raid ready now and I am working on my raid alt, should have them all on the same level of gear before raids start which is perfect.

You have professions to level, new heroics to get cleared, hundreds of treasures and rare mobs hidden throughout the world that provide a fun new way to get pre-raid gear, Challenge modes.

If you don't have all the CM modes cleared you have no grounds to be complaining about nothing to do.

People are so rushy. Me, me, me. Now, now, now.

I think its about right honestly, maybe leaning towards the too long side, but not overly so. Our guild has a mix of the " hurry up and get geared" crowd and the " enjoy it while you can" crowd. Oddly enough, both still have plenty to do, or feel like they need to do without boredom setting in.

As I've seen a few others mention, part of the problem with MoP was that they got in a hurry at the start, rushed the content out too quickly and left themselves a huge gap at the end. Properly spreading it out will in the long run make then entire expansion more enjoyable for the largest bulk of players.

Quote Originally Posted by maezer View Post
    I really think 12 days was long enough post launch for raiding to start. That said launching a raid on Thanksgiving week is not ideal either.
    Pretty much what my thoughts are.

If MC wasn't here, I'd say yes.

Its not so much we waited forever for the raids, so much that theres alot less to do at 100 that actually impacts our end-game PvE experience than previous expansions.

Before we had dailies for a few different factions (granted not alot like dailies, its still something to do), farming currency before had a cap, and usually could buy something in 2-3 weeks, here we have to use them on our legendary quest, granted, not horrible, but its kinda bleh. I would've preferred we farmed a different currency for our legendary quest.

Once the raids out, I think it'll be smooth from then on, but even then, its just alot less to do at 100 pre-raid. It feels weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    Nope, This is has been a great amount of time.

I have my two mains Raid ready now and I am working on my raid alt, should have them all on the same level of gear before raids start which is perfect.

You have professions to level, new heroics to get cleared, hundreds of treasures and rare mobs hidden throughout the world that provide a fun new way to get pre-raid gear, Challenge modes.

If you don't have all the CM modes cleared you have no grounds to be complaining about nothing to do.

People are so rushy. Me, me, me. Now, now, now.
    Should we really have to rely on challenge modes though or treasures? We have approximately the same amount of options we had before, all they had to do was add the treasures part on top of garrison non-sense to what they did in cataclysm at launch and things would've been golden.

I still don't understand why they removed rep tabards and decent items from rep vendors. 615 trinkets that summon an npc are not good enough. Too many changes this expansion

I think it's fine. I like the slower pace personally. I feel less inclined to just manically gear 24/7
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

3 weeks is too long, im ready for raiding and already back to playing dota till dec 2

I think it's fine. Nice to get a little bit of a break, to level some more chars up to 100 and enjoy some of the other content of the expansion.