Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Pre-WoD: "There's nothing to do!"

Post-WoD: "Zomg everything takes too much time to do, and they time gated stuff!"
    Did he complain there was nothing to do pre-WoD?

You know he doesn't speak for the masses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prothall View Post
    Requiring silver proving grounds is Blizzard officially implementing the Gearscore addon they disliked so much in WotLK. Doesn't require any skill, doesn't require the player to show they know what they're doing. Just an arbitrary thing somebody did on the weekend while waiting for their laundry to be done.
    Speak for yourself

I have a friend who's apparently slamming his head against his desk trying to get silver on his feral druid. Just because it's a cakewalk for me and you doesn't mean it's a cakewalk for everybody else.

...which is rather the whole point of it really, isn't it? To train those not skilled enough to think of how to beat it. Silver is not designed to challenge the hardcore player. That's what gold/endless is for.

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    So I reached level 100.
    The overall game experience from start to finish was great.
    Reached Level 2 with all my buildings at the garrison.

Now comes the questions and problems.

First is why is Rulkan mate or Ner'zhul alive? She was supposed to have died before the drinking of Mannoroths blood?
    Second what causes the portal on Alternate Draenor to link up to alternate present Azeroth? Wouldn't they need a person from Azeroth to link the other side, like Medivh did the first time? Also why didn't they just destroy the portal on Azeroth side so they could contain the pouring of orcs?

My problems come from the overall timesink gameplay blizzard has implemented. Blizzard has destroyed crafting with its daily cooldown system and the cost in creating these mats is outrageous. Also the vendor in Ashran that sells the 630 gear is also overpriced. Do you know it will take aver 2 months to get all that gear doing the dailies. They need to make this gear affordable. Thats another thing, you give us a profession to craft gear but you limit us to 3 items we can use. What the hell? What is the point of having a profession then.The game has become more of a job now.

Also why do we have to do proving grounds be able to do instances. I'm really having trouble finishing with my dps spec who has no good aoe abilities. If its a caster sure this should be a breeze since they are OP.

Lets talk about the 5 man dungeons. Vanilla has 20, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the lich king both have 16(4 less than vanilla), Cataclysm has 14(6 less then Vanilla), Mists of Pandaria has 9(Thats 11 less than vanilla) and now Warlords with 8(12 less than vanilla). The number of dungeons has been decreasing per expansion. They claim that its us running through the content to fast but it is them who are not providing the content.
    So what, next expansion theirs only going to be 5 dungeons?

Warlords has the worst dungeons I have ever played and to top it off they reward only gold in normal mode. How about you have the mobs drop appexis crystals, resources for our garrison, mats for our timesink craftable gear. Give us something worth the time in doing these dungeons. I'm not doing these dungeons again for gold. Now if you say they fixed it I still will not do them. I did Everbloom and did not get anything. I'm stuck at my garrison waiting day by day to get resources to craft my gear. I will love to do the heroics but that stupid Proving grounds is preventing me in doing so.
    I'm just an average-skilled player, but I can do proving grounds silver with any class in ilvl 600 gear.
    Challenges are designed in a way that if you can't complete them you will be carried on heroics (not good enough). It's not blizzard's fault that you can't do something as simple as silver dps.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    you may as well go full Godwin here.
    Never go full Godwin.

I mean, dude. If the Iron Horde are "nazis", despite being perhaps the least-evil major faction we've ever come up against, when what even the hell are the rest? Super-nazis? ultra-nazis?

You should have gone with Soviets or something.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You should have gone with Soviets or something.
    Heh...tried to use a universal evil, but the actual invading force is irrelevant I suppose. That poster tried to paint the people invading our land like innocent Native Americans that we ruthlessly slaughtered and stole their land. To me that means they are 100% detached from the actual story.
    BAD WOLF

Blizzard has destroyed crafting with its daily cooldown system
    No, not really. They've made it so that the market doesn't get flooded with the highest level flasks/enchants right away.

Also the vendor in Ashran that sells the 630 gear is also overpriced
    You don't HAVE to buy the Apexis gear. You can gear up without it.

Also why do we have to do proving grounds be able to do instances.
    To reduce the number of mouthbreathing idiots in LFD.

I'm really having trouble finishing with my dps spec who has no good aoe abilities. If its a caster sure this should be a breeze since they are OP.
    If you're struggling with Silver Proving Grounds, then you are not ready for any kind of 5man content. You're not "underpowered", you're just bad.

Warlords with 8(12 less than vanilla).
    No fucking shit 90-100 content is going to have less dungeons than 1-60 content.

Like seriously? Are you seriously trying to compare a base game with an expansion pack?

Vanilla endgame dungeons was awesome, but it was required you had a steady group to explore them properly with.
    One of the best evenings I ever had in WoW was doing whole BRD with silly amounts of quests, in a 6~hour run pre 60.

The biggest mistake Blizzard ever made was acknowledging the whine about the mysterious force that people thinks makes stuff mandatory.
    Timesinks are the cornerstones of what MMOs are buildt upon, they will always be there.

How Blizzard now force everyone through the latest tiers of raids at the same time, is just sad.
    Tiered raiding models like vanilla&BC, made it feel alot better to beat the endgame.

So I reached level 100.

First is why is Rulkan mate or Ner'zhul alive? She was supposed to have died before the drinking of Mannoroths blood?
    Second what causes the portal on Alternate Draenor to link up to alternate present Azeroth? Wouldn't they need a person from Azeroth to link the other side, like Medivh did the first time? Also why didn't they just destroy the portal on Azeroth side so they could contain the pouring of orcs?

My problems come from the overall timesink gameplay blizzard has implemented. Blizzard has destroyed crafting with its daily cooldown system and the cost in creating these mats is outrageous. Also the vendor in Ashran that sells the 630 gear is also overpriced. Do you know it will take aver 2 months to get all that gear doing the dailies. They need to make this gear affordable. Thats another thing, you give us a profession to craft gear but you limit us to 3 items we can use. What the hell? What is the point of having a profession then.The game has become more of a job now.

Also why do we have to do proving grounds be able to do instances. I'm really having trouble finishing with my dps spec who has no good aoe abilities. If its a caster sure this should be a breeze since they are OP.

Lets talk about the 5 man dungeons. Vanilla has 20, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the lich king both have 16(4 less than vanilla), Cataclysm has 14(6 less then Vanilla), Mists of Pandaria has 9(Thats 11 less than vanilla) and now Warlords with 8(12 less than vanilla). The number of dungeons has been decreasing per expansion. They claim that its us running through the content to fast but it is them who are not providing the content.

Warlords has the worst dungeons I have ever played and to top it off they reward only gold in normal mode. How about you have the mobs drop appexis crystals, resources for our garrison, mats for our timesink craftable gear. Give us something worth the time in doing these dungeons. I'm not doing these dungeons again for gold. Now if you say they fixed it I still will not do them. I did Everbloom and did not get anything. I'm stuck at my garrison waiting day by day to get resources to craft my gear. I will love to do the heroics but that stupid Proving grounds is preventing me in doing so.
    If proving grounds are gating you from heroics, then they're doing their job.

Honestly, doens't sound like you're a top notch player with the insane whining I see here. Please stay at your garrison waiting for resources until you unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    There are not even timesinks.

Treasure and Rare hunting is literally the only content along with managing the garrison once a day.
    There is nothing that can be said that is more wrong than this right here.

Why do people waste their lives on things they hate?
    It's not a job, moron. It's your choice to play the game or not.

I need to chime in here. Proving Grounds Silver is a very easy gate to get past for every class and spec in the game if you actually pay attention to what the game tells you about each mob and figure out which of your abilities deal with them. If you cannot get past this, you are not ready to run Heroics, and you should only be running the max level normal dungeons which you can queue for. Some classes may have an easier time than others in PG's, but all classes should easily be able to get past them well before they get to a 610 ilvl. I spent more time waiting for the next wave than killing stuff as a Boomkin (which is a class I've heard others complain about) with around a 600 ilvl the moment I hit 100, and then did it as resto immediately after. If you or a friend is feeling like this is a brick wall, then you have to accept you or they aren't good enough to be running heroics. End of story, that is why this gate is there. I don't need to hear how Mages, Priests, Druids and Elemental Shaman are disadvantaged on these anymore, it is not difficult for any of them if you deal with stuff with the proper skill and choice of abilities. If you choose to whine and complain about such a trivial hurdle to cross rather than figuring it out and improving enough to get past it, then you shouldn't be running heroics, you should be running normals. That is the content curve you belong in.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated with the dungeon gear. I've run about eight dungeons now and found 2 pieces of gear I could use and about five pieces of gear for slots I had already filled with dungeon gear. In short I wish the game was intelligent enough to give you something you can actually use at the end of a dungeon instead of another trinket. (I now have four).

Deleted
    Can't believe people are complaining about SILVER proving grounds...as a dps you can even do it in tank spec without trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    60 levels in vanilla, 10 in WoD. The dungeon to level ratio is much better in WoD. You also have three tiers of difficulty in WoD as opposed to 1 in vanilla.
    I never had to spam one and the same Vanilla dungeon 15+ times. Whatever your fancy ratios, percentages and watchamacallits, simple hard facts remain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    I never had to spam one and the same Vanilla dungeon 15+ times. Whatever your fancy ratios, percentages and watchamacallits, simple hard facts remain.
    So you either didn't raid or got carried to the gear, right?

^^^^^ i agree with the comic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    So you either didn't raid or got carried to the gear, right?
    I like how you portray yourself with that response <3 The assumptions, the attitude, all of it <3

I don't think I need to actually respond to this, just enjoy the, erm, quality of the opponent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    To reduce the number of mouthbreathing idiots in LFD.
    If that was the point of PG, it was missed completely. The only way not to get at least 2 of 3 dps completely clueless and suicidal is to go eat the penalty and go with guildies only. The best way to get a smooth run 7 times out of 10 is to go as dps with a friend healer and tank and carry the remaining dps by doing what all 3 dpses should be doing. Facepalms at them spending half of the dungeon dead optional.
    Just as they were since their creation, PG are completely pointless.
    Also, the official stats of completion by class are in a very entertaining relationship with your claims of them being very easy for everyone.
    Especially when stinky snowflakes try to bash a struggling druid when raw stats prove beyond any doubt PGs are incomparably more difficult for them then, say, hunters.

I sometimes wonder what kind of social lives you have outside WoW, litttle stinky snowflakes.
    Yes, silver PG was insultingly trivial to my DK both in blood for tanking and in frost for dps. And yet I would never assume another dps or another tank is bad just because she's struggling in hte same place.

So I reached level 100.

I can't tell if you are serious or just trolling, OP. Silver can be done with both hands on your back, just learn to interrupt that one healing spell, step out of those bananas and don't get hit by that orange stuff = gg. If you can't handle that, you for sure as hell can't handle a HC Dungeon.

For the crafting, so far I have crafted the daily thing every day on two characters with two professions (Ench/JC and Engi/LW), and all I have done is bought 100 of the ench dust, because I got too few green items while lvling. Other than that I got everything I needed while lvling and from my garrison (Oh and I also bought skins of course). So not really a timesink there.
    You say Vanilla had 20 dungeons, how many of those did you play at lvl 60? You have to take into account that now we can play all the WoD dungeons at max lvl because of HC (Oh wait, you cant do that.. shame for you.) + we can do it on CM. So more than enough to spend time on. And if you didn't get gear, it is because RNG is RNG, it is a 20% chance to get an item, and now a 100% chance on last boss in each instance. (Atleast HCs, no idea about normals, as I never did them on normal anyways, because Silver PG is more than easy enough to do on a fresh dinged lvl 100. For real, I could go and take a 30 second break between each wave..)

And at last - if you are sitting in your darn Garrison waiting for resources, you are doing it wrong. Go out and kill rares and hunt treasures, that's how you get a bunch of resources. I bet you don't even have a LM and Trading Post going, to get even more Resources.

TL;DR I think you don't fit this game, so unsub and don't make more of these stupid posts.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2014-12-01 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore