Deleted

Will I be banned?

I joined a raid to kill Nok Karrosh for mount. I thought it was group loot, but leader said there is a loot list, and that everyone should pass (You can only greed or pass mount now that Blizz stopped ML). Anyway, everyone passed and I greeded with the person on list. I won mount and I was removed from the group. I did not know the leader was using list, as I joined after he must have said it...

He told he will report me for ninja. WIll I get ban

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    lolnope, leader that way tried get his mount basically for free by making everyone else kill the boss and then pass it..
    morelike he would get it first and then leave..

Nope. That's not bannable, and ninjaing using the Need/Greed system is not considered ninja-ing according to the GMs.

Gm's check your chat logs, if its clear that you agreed then you may lose the mount, but with a mount that's so easily accessible, I can't see a problem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Nope. That's not bannable, and ninjaing using the Need/Greed system is not considered ninja-ing according to the GMs.
    It is if it was specified how the plan was to roll for an item. If a group agrees to something and 1 member breaks said agreement then he is considered a ninja and his items can be taken away if the group makes multiple tickets.

In OP's case he wasn't aware though and can't be hold responsible for what he did.

no you won't get banned for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its clear that leader wanted it for himself.
    He probaly greeded. Got a screenshot or something?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jalowqt View Post
    I joined a raid to kill Nok Karrosh for mount. I thought it was group loot, but leader said there is a loot list, and that everyone should pass (You can only greed or pass mount now that Blizz stopped ML). Anyway, everyone passed and I greeded with the person on list. I won mount and I was removed from the group. I did not know the leader was using list, as I joined after he must have said it...

He told he will report me for ninja. WIll I get ban

He was trying to get everyone else in the raid to pass on the drop so that he could greedroll on it and win. you did the right thing by rolling greed. Everyone that wanted the mount should have rolled greed.

Deleted
    If your story is true then you did nothing wrong. You can get punished for ninja looting but only if chat logs clearly show that you said something and then did something different... and even then the punishment is usually fairly low-end like a temporary ban, not permanent. If you joined and no one told you to agree to a loot list then I can't see how you could be punished.

If it was loot list why didn't the assigned looter "need" it just in case anyone else greeded. Seems very odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If it was loot list why didn't the assigned looter "need" it just in case anyone else greeded. Seems very odd.
    you can no longer roll a need on that mount

The Raidleader MUST specify in the Raidchat how the Rules for the loot are. Everything else does not count and can't be reported for ninja looting, or rather the GMs won't do anything because he never sepcified the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad, shouldn't do loot list or master looter as there was used. All who wants it, greed it, all who doesn't - pass.

Fair setting, 'loot' list is scame anyways in my opinion. If I recall from other people, it's a list of people who commonly join to be listed but they could easily lose their spot so, all should just roll fair.

Congratulations on your new mount.

And no, you can not be banned. This isn't via the Blizzard system but a group of people wanting to use their own custom 'system'
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    No you won't be banned. Their own damn fault tbh. I raided that mount a week ago for 10 hours straight. What we did is, whoever was next in the list got master loot from the last person that got the mount. This way there was no bullshit going on and everyone got their mount.

Make everyone else do the work, for him or his buddy to get a mount?

Sorry, but don't invite strangers in if you want to set conditions like that.

nope, you won't get banned just keep in mind that guild leaders talk with guild leaders to keep track of bad people. you might have just tagged yourself in a blacklist of players that can't be trusted not your fault but they will see you as a bad person and they will tell other guild leaders you are a bad player. if it was an LFR than don't worry about it because LFR is shit and no one expects anything from people that join an LFR.

"Loot Dispute"

That is the technical term for what blizzard classifies this and they've made it known on numerous occasions they don't give a damn. They can't police and hold everyone's hand who has ever lost a roll, whether it should've been rolled on or not. They won't do anything. They never have and never will.

In burning crusade people stole entire raid lockouts. They'd send spies to join other people's guilds, one way or another get the lockout, then spread it to people in their guild, and they'd send like 5-10 people to just sit in the raid so the other team couldn't work on progression. It's the reason blizzard eventually made it so only the first raid group that enters gets to stay, anyone else gets a 60 second timer and is then kicked out. But they never did do anything to punish such behavior.

Blizzard just don't give a shit man.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.