How are combat rogue in pve?

Leveled to 100 with my rogue, i like combat and want to stay combat if i can. Is it still a good pve spec? or should i go assassination to begin with?
    Lets say ilevel 620 how will combat stack up against the other specs?

Flurry makes the spec, it's absurd in dungeons to have that level of on demand aoe. Single target performance is solid too, all round a very healthy spec number wise and will leave assassination in the toilet.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

And how are the weapon choices? Still slow-slow or is it slow-fast?

It doesn't matter.

You can use a dagger in your offhand if it has a higher ilvl than any of your other options, but if they are the same ilevel you should be trying for 2.6 in both

633 combat rogue here. Combat is incredible right now, in my opinion. Blade flurry mechanics make you an absolute monster in any AOE fights. Single target damage is still great. I pull 17-19k consistently in single target fights, sometimes higher. Plenty of bosses have AOE opportunities, so you can see 25-30k or more on some fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimsXV View Post
    Combat is incredible right now, in my opinion.
    I'll second that; 632 combat rogue here, aoe trash balls to the wall is always around 26-36k depending on the pack sizes, have to have the blade flurry glyph ofc for 30% increased poison procs... Single target I seem to hover around 18k as SlimsXV stated, Depends on length of fights / lust / etc, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    It doesn't matter. If they are the same ilevel you should be trying for 2.6 in both
    If it doesn't matter, then why does it matter if it's 2.6? lol

Combat Potency has been normalized, as stated by Coldkil in the Rogue PvE compendium Thread so as long as DPS (ilvl) is the same, speed means nothing.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimsXV View Post
    633 combat rogue here. Combat is incredible right now, in my opinion. Blade flurry mechanics make you an absolute monster in any AOE fights. Single target damage is still great. I pull 17-19k consistently in single target fights, sometimes higher. Plenty of bosses have AOE opportunities, so you can see 25-30k or more on some fights.
    635 here and I can confirm you.

The poison glyph any useful for blade furry? I cant tell...

combat with bladeflurry on is so slow sometimes your extra energy doesnt proc and it takes several seconds before you actually press a single sinister strike

Quote Originally Posted by Aullahh View Post
    635 here and I can confirm you.

The poison glyph any useful for blade furry? I cant tell...
    Poison glyph is useful because it allows you to apply your non-lethal poison almost right away when cleaving, giving you 3 stacks of Venom Rush. You'd need to tab each time your non-lethal is about to run off on a target otherwise, that's a huge dps loss since you'd be auto-attacking only or casting SStrikes at a target without Revealing Strike on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    combat with bladeflurry on is so slow sometimes your extra energy doesnt proc and it takes several seconds before you actually press a single sinister strike
    Take Venom Rush as your level 100 talent. It's superior to struggling with your Shadow Reflection that doesn't line up correctly with either of your major cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    DfA is currently doing better because of the CP thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    I'll second that; 632 combat rogue here, aoe trash balls to the wall is always around 26-36k depending on the pack sizes, have to have the blade flurry glyph ofc for 30% increased poison procs... Single target I seem to hover around 18k as SlimsXV stated, Depends on length of fights / lust / etc, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Combat Potency has been normalized, as stated by Coldkil in the Rogue PvE compendium Thread so as long as DPS (ilvl) is the same, speed means nothing.
    Yes, Combat Potency has been normalized but you still want to have 2x2.6 weapons for 2 reasons:
    1. Killing Spree
    2. The way our mastery works

Even though dps difference is not that big, most rogues will be using it that way.
    Pugs are like Master Card---- Priceless.

I'm enjoying it

Main Gauche is a thing and Sinister Strike, Revealing Strike, and Killing Spree all do weapon damage. Slow/slow > fast/slow >= slow/fast > fast/fast

Deleted
    I havent played around with combat that much, but wont you need life leech poison for venom rush to work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    I havent played around with combat that much, but wont you need life leech poison for venom rush to work?
    Your instant poison is good enough, no need to apply anything else (but you can ofc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping combat is fairly strong on single target Highmaul fights.

I'm really digging combat right now. My guild has 3 rogues and having to fight for daggers seems so many different forms of aids that I went back to combat and am loving the switch so hard. Blade flurry is awesome. Single target is solid as well.

The only thing that makes combat rough is having gotten used to ~50% haste + the AoC vs. now. The combat play style is slowed down so much it just feels kind of sluggish. But, all specs are going through that now so it's to be expected. Not having CDs up every 5 seconds like we did with the AoC kind of is a bummer too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    The combat play style is slowed down so much it just feels kind of sluggish.
    If you find combat a bit slow, try MfD and DfA. You'll get a lot of combo points meaning shorter CDs and more finishers instead of SS spam.
    I wouldn't say it's as fast as it was in BiS SoO gear, but it's actually feeling quite ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    blade flurry glyph ofc for 30% increased poison procs...
    Only works on non offensive poisons (aka crippling) just fyi
    It's only really good if you have to kite big packs of adds making sure crippling is applied to all of them and there is no other slow available.
    Im finding that even without the glyph most adds will be perma-slowed.
    Last edited by mmoc02442228ec; 2014-11-27 at 11:41 AM.