Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Please god I hope they never do garrisons again. This is house on steroids atm.
    I just don't garrison. I can't bring myself to do it. I recognize I'm massively shooting myself in the foot, but I just want to go out and DO things. I don't want a base and I don't want to command people. My main is a rogue. I work in the shadows, not build garish fortresses and tell other people to do my dirty work.

If garrisons exact in future xpacs, I'll be okay as long as profession alternatives exist outside the garrison as well. I do not like feeling obligated to play "commander" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Of course things change but you may get your wish.

In the latest PCGamer blizzard talked about content for one expansion only. Garrisons was mentioned as such content. I don't think you will see garrisons again.

I can't say I cared for garrisons but I do feel like it would make more sense to have seen it in WoTLK than in WoD.
    Outside of legacy raids, there is still content for only that expansion, Jousting in WotLK, underwater zones in Cata, AQ event in Vanila, the isle event in TBC, the legendary cloak for MoP, and now possibly Garisons. Every iteration of the game has had one time features or events that were not done again outside that iteration or can never be done again. Besides the underwater zone in Cata no one had complained much about the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I just don't garrison. I can't bring myself to do it. I recognize I'm massively shooting myself in the foot, but I just want to go out and DO things. I don't want a base and I don't want to command people. My main is a rogue. I work in the shadows, not build garish fortresses and tell other people to do my dirty work.

If garrisons exact in future xpacs, I'll be okay as long as profession alternatives exist outside the garrison as well. I do not like feeling obligated to play "commander" at all.

What exactly do you think would prevent you from going outside your garrison to do things? I have a fully loaded T3 garrison with T3 buildings. I participate regularly, admittedly poorly, in Ashran, Have collected all the treasures and all the followers possible that I know of, did all the quests, killed over 90% of all the rares, and still find myself spending more time outside my garrison that inside it. Its a quick checking of my stuff to be done inside it when I log in, then go do my stuff, hearth back, clean up any caches and work orders, collect my follower quest rewards then resend them on quests before I log off.

People make too much of this not in the world crap. I spend less than 15 min in my garrison actively, not counting going afk or waiting on someone.