2 manning WOD heroics

with everyone now hitting 100 and all the complaining my friends and I have seen about the difficulty of WOD heroics, we decided to try and 2 man all the heroics.

group :

protection warrior: maximumpanda
    holy priest: smashadams

http://www.twitch.tv/maximumpandatv looks like smash had to run to do something, will continue this series in the future.

currently on: auchindoun

vigilant kaathar: down
    soulbinder nyami: up
    azzakel: up
    teron'gor: up

killed:
    UBRS: orebender gor'ashan
    auch: vigilant kaathar
    Last edited by drtrann; 2014-11-25 at 02:31 AM.

Point with this thread, people been doing this since beginning of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by nagina View Post
    They didn't. Sunder armor and thunderclap were not exactly suitable to kill groups of enemies. Plus, mana was much more of a deal. Do you remember that spirit once worked out of combat only? These's days, all tanks got damage and all classes have rich toolsets available.

Strange as it seems, the current wow is much more about player skill. Classic bosses were often tank & spank, the difficulty was to cc and kill things so the healer does not go oom. Todays dungeons do have important mechanics in every bossfight. Dealing with these is the most difficult thing for the average player. If those two here concentrate on what they are doing, and talk to each other and get to execute their moves right, it doesn't surprise me that 2 manning heroics is possible.

@drtrann:
    Can you tell us more? How difficult are bosses vs trash? Which mechanics could you deal with easily and which ones were the most challenging?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by nagina View Post
    Cataclysm is not beggining of wow. They would be owned on trash in TBC heroics.

And you did this with 615 gear right?

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Log6I-eEKXE

Sure, he was using a legendary, but it still proves that people have been doing stuff like this since vanilla. I think it was still a 10 man raid at the time of the video, don't think it was still a 15 man.

So lemme get this straight: you guys have run heroic dungeons as just a tank and healer in close to 640 gear (armoury says you are 539) and you're bragging about it?

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but I'm fairly sure most all competent players could do this if they were bored enough (admittedly they probably wouldn't bother making a forum thread about it).

So much hate.

There was no bragging, nothing here was in your face, it was simply showing that the dungeons can be two manned. Nothing more.

Well done OP, keep at it!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the dungeons cant be two manned until you finish one as whole. Of course there is some bosses that can be two manned.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    So much hate.

There was no bragging, nothing here was in your face, it was simply showing that the dungeons can be two manned. Nothing more.

Well done OP, keep at it!
    Don't encourage them. I dislike the hate, too. But there's no need to cheer someone on for walking on two legs, either.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Don't encourage them. I dislike the hate, too. But there's no need to cheer someone on for walking on two legs, either.
    Meh, I think it's kinda interesting.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Hum, is it? If the healer can take the mana drain, it's like any regular fight except... A LOT longer. I'm sure you had fights where one or two dps died and the tank continued on? It's not actually an accomplishment of skill rather than a display of patience, isn't it?

Doing it 2 man without a healer, now that's something I'd be interested in... unless it was a blood dk tank, we all know they pretty much are their own healer.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I imagine a dk can already solo a fair few bosses in 630 gear. 2 manning is pretty irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

A chimp playing the piano is interesting. This is like a World first Halfhill farm achievement.

How awesome the community on these forums can be :-D

Why let a chance to spend time typing a negative forumpost pass along? It's better to just get it out, right?

Cheers to OP!