Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    DPS is fine. Raid wise we might not top, but I am having zero issues topping charts in dungeons or being 2nd from.
    Then you must have been playing with scrubs, when im in a party with my guildies there is just no way to top the meters, not even as frost. It might happen when all the stars align and everything crits, but those are far and wide apart. There is just no real way to win with damage done to a single target from any melee that knows how to play.

All specs are shit atm, fire needs more crit, but it has always been like that, a crit dependent spec. Arcane dmg is better but still sub par to anything but a healers dps, and frost doesn't do that much more either, and if you have a procless-streak and just cast frostbolt your dmg will be bad at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Can this be more wong? :|

Also mages are in a good position (boohoo the 3 specs doesnt sim as the highest anymore).
    how is having one of the worst if no the worst dps outputs as fire make it in a good position? having a spec stay useless and bad just because it will be op in 10 months is not a good model

Arcane needs a slight buff to compete with others

frost is fine but the playstyle is rly rly bad and annoying to play relying on luck and cd's but not your actual spells dmg

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    DPS is fine. Raid wise we might not top, but I am having zero issues topping charts in dungeons or being 2nd from.
    You're looking at one very small (and already outgeared and irrelevant) aspect of the game and coming to a conclusion that everything is fine? Thats rather short sited imo. Once you start raiding and attempting challenge modes, you start to see that our dps role in the group is in jeopardy and while gear will address some issues (such as the way it impacts our rotation) overall we still come up short and will be shelved/benched for more appropriate dps classes.

Hiya guys Top 50 U.S. guild raider here. Doesn't mean much but it means I am at least above the above average players. I'm a ranged DPS fanatic from spriest to mage to warlock to boomkin. I main swapped to mage for WoD because my guild needed a strong mage and I was able to go above and beyond as a spriest main. Lets look at the numbers of each spec and then play style of the specific spec. Frost is very bursty and falls off very hard after filler but is our highest dps spec right now. The numbers show it at about 20k at 630 ilvl on single target. Tested and approved by myself. The playstyle of frost is my whole issue with the mage class as a whole. Every single GCD matters. Running CM golds my healer will call for AM and I can't use it because I'm GCD capped for 2 more spells thanks to prismatic crystal and ice lance. As for it's, AoE rotation super bursty and then I hit like a wet noodle. Arcane bursts relatively high and has the ability to substain damage a lot easier than frost. It doesn't burst as hard but it maintains a nice steady flow. It's AoE is also very bursty but can be good if you are good at dodging stuff in melee. The single target on fights after the changes is about 3k less than frost. Yay a 1k buff! Thanks for nothing blizz. Now fire my favorite spec. Single target is very inconsistent and is just not good, it seems like blizz doesn't know what they are doing here. It's average is now at about 14k which is pathetic to be honest. Fire AoE is very similar to its single only theres more damage in it. Fire is the second most smooth of the specs right behind arcane which is because it has a very strict set of rules to follow to maximize damage. Being the fact that I am a competitive player I will follow the spec with the most damage and yes I am able to keep up with all the "OP" classes on single target as frost except windwalkers they're just to good. That being said blizz throw some love to fire so I can play my favorite spec and carry my guild to yet another top 50! Also I don't care if I'm not the top dps class in the raid. I just want all mage classes to hit the same unless blizz's ideology is lets just nerf frost in which case mage you're being sat and warlock or spriest is coming in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    I wonder why some people may not have as much passion about mages or have a cohesive community as druids do? Could it be that hybrids really have that much more appeal to them? I'm curious to hear your responses...
    We are all at one with our situation

Druids share the love.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

I really wish blizz would change thier thoughts on mage procs instead of the procs being the main source of our damage for fire and frost they should be on the same level as a fireball or frostbolt just with the adv of being instant which is still a dps gain esp with the mobility factor i just hate that if i dont have pyro or fof up my dmg is crap and i think the specs would feel much nicer if they were not so proc reliant. also arcane blast needs 20% increase still tis a shame such a fun spec goes to waste for raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I like how you mentioned Frost and Arcane but failed to mention our absolute worst spec at the moment: Fire, which is not only our worst spec, but among the lowest specs in the game right now for single-target.

For AoE, we're actually pretty good (Arcane's lacking a bit). For single-target though, yeah, we could use some buffs, though with the upcoming class balance tweaking, perhaps we'll get some love there?
    Every class goes through this from time to time with expansions, talent changes or class overhauls. Were you this outraged when ret was the pits, or SPs? How about when Hunters and Locks went from being the tops to so so? You are just mad your spec or class was effected and are no longer tops. This happens and last time I checked they are going around trying to fix balance issues and even had a recent fix yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    You're looking at one very small (and already outgeared and irrelevant) aspect of the game and coming to a conclusion that everything is fine? Thats rather short sited imo. Once you start raiding and attempting challenge modes, you start to see that our dps role in the group is in jeopardy and while gear will address some issues (such as the way it impacts our rotation) overall we still come up short and will be shelved/benched for more appropriate dps classes.
    Even in MC, which was a guild run, I was in the top half. Not Top by any means, but out of ~25 guild DPS I was probably number 3-6 on Bosses. If you have bad proc RNG, it can dip, but I am already running at 25% MS and things are going pretty smoothly. I see no issue with our DPS overall damage wise, the only issue is our Burst and Sustain are too extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Every class goes through this from time to time with expansions, talent changes or class overhauls. Were you this outraged when ret was the pits, or SPs? How about when Hunters and Locks went from being the tops to so so? You are just mad your spec or class was effected and are no longer tops. This happens and last time I checked they are going around trying to fix balance issues and even had a recent fix yesterday.
    Well the recent fix is a problem already, as it just promotes the same scaling issues Fire has always had. 8 months from now in the next tier, when we have more Crit, Pyro is going to be nerfed and we will have to start the entire roller coaster that was MoP with nerfing and buffing. I really want to get off Mr. Bones Wild Ride in regards to it. People have always in general enjoyed Fire, and the spec has been a dumpster fire (no pun intended) this last 2 expansions with no good direction and no ability to really play it or gear for it because it has been nerf and buffed mid-tier, making it an unsafe spec to go for as well.

The fact that it pulls under tank damage is just icing on top.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream