Thread: Gear problems

15+ Year Old Account

Gear problems

I've been running heroics a lot lately and found that I keep getting the same pieces over & over & over again. Are there any heroic trinkets or necks out there? I'm running with a 603 quest green neck and 615 rep trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

OH and before someone says "buy it off the AH", I'm kinda broke and can't afford DMF decks or a JC made neck.

I'm in the same boat as you...

Deleted
    How can you be broke BEFORE buying anything?

It is just RNG. It always has been.

I think like seven of the eight heroics drop necks. So if you haven't gotten one you're just getting bad RNG. I had issues with that slot, too, but one eventually dropped.

Trinkets are probably pretty similar. The way heroic loot tables are set up right now is that bosses have big loot tables and low drop chances for individual items. So everything should eventually drop for you from doing randoms, but unlike prior expansions you can't target one or two heroics for key pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have done 76 Hc just for a chest... and I still need a chest and so do 3 other priests in my guild.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been running heroics since the 16th and I am still way behind in gear than my other guildies I have been so unlucky on gear
    Gaming Rig:
    Intel i5 3570k OC @4.5 / Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 / Corsair Vengance 1600 ddr3 (16gigs) / Crucial M4 128gig (system/games), 1tb Western Digital 7,200 (file drive) / AMD Radeon 7950 / Corsair Carbide 600t / Seasonic M12II 620w / Asus 24inch LCD / Windows 7 64bit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    How can you be broke BEFORE buying anything?

It is just RNG. It always has been.
    I only started WOD with 12k gold and had to buy freakin fur for tailoring because it just wasn't dropping for me at all. I literally went through Frostfire Ridge and only got 4 fur to drop the entire time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I have done 76 Hc just for a chest... and I still need a chest and so do 3 other priests in my guild.
    Chest pieces don't exist. On the other hand, I've had six of the exact same belts by now.

Deleted
    You now get a guaranteed drop from the last boss in each dungeon, so go look for those that drop stuff you need.

Shoulders was my thing btw. I used 592 green shoulders for the longest time, until I could craft 640 epics just yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I feel ya, I'm not a priest but the last 2 heroic pieces I needed was a trinket and a chest, got both yesterday froim Auchidoun =)
    Now to just get Heroic Warforged in all slots and preferably with sockets....

10+ Year Old Account
    On character creation, a hidden debuff is applied to the character by the server, known as the "lolnope"-debuff. It picks a random slot that the character simply don't get good equipment for. My hunter has weapons, which is why I went engineering in Cata.

Or you're just getting shafted by RNG :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive had tons of multiples as well. I really would like a trinket and a chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Chest pieces don't exist. On the other hand, I've had six of the exact same belts by now.
    Had the same problem, ended up buying a crafted chest the other day =\

Yeah, my druid is playing World of Jewelcraft. All she gets are necklaces, rings and bracelets.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with bad luck! The personal loot system hates me. I got like 10 different weapons (not even wf ones) and then necklaces. So many necklaces!

I eventually upgraded my 605 chest with a CM one, and I got crafted shoulders and trinket because it was getting embarrassing running around with 588 SoO gear. :s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Actually there is no blue post confirm, but im pretty sure Heroic cloth chest drops from personal loot is bugged. It doesn´t drop, either that or the drop rate is lower then like 0.01%. There is already a forum on eu about it.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4174906?page=1

And 90% of the people i inspect either got a ilvl 600ish chest, one from inn quest drop or crafted. 2 people in my guild got heroic dungeon chests but they made alot of premades and it seems to drop on group loot. Doesn´t help there is no chest dropping on any last bosses either.

Other then that i got no problem with other drops, just working towards bis. But aint gonna pay/craft 50-80k for a lfr chest..
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2014-11-26 at 08:54 AM.

I hear you i have been getting the same items over and over. at least 10x pants. with random stats

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.