Ashran honor nerf

So for those of us that didn't get to ashran before the nerf, we actually have to put some time and effort into gearing up. Do you know how long it takes to get 600 honor doing bgs? Lately as a horde, I'm winning like 2 out of every 5 or 6 games. You do the math. The grind is frustrating. I wouldn't be complaining if everyone was in the same boat, but tons of people were able to gear in a day or so doing ashran.

Couldn't they have just made it so the first kill of the day was 500 and everytime after was 250? Maybe increased the time in between battles?

I just don't get it. Was ashran tested?

You know the side objectives all award honour as well, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    The main road is only worth it if you haven't gotten that box. Otherwise, stick to the sides, farm fragments, turn in, and do the bonus objectives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The main road is only worth it if you haven't gotten that box. Otherwise, stick to the sides, farm fragments, turn in, and do the bonus objectives.
    How do you farm fragments?

Bonus objectives?

Killing PvE mobs, looting random spawning items on the ground, killing PvE rares (be careful to not die to rares).

Can get a little from killed enemy players too, but don't die.

Getting fragments is mostly PvE. Awesome.

Bonus objectives only give ~250 honor, no fragments IIRC.
    Last edited by MrCool; 2014-11-26 at 12:56 PM.

Did an hour of Ashran last night trying to push the road. We were stuck on the bridge leading into opponents base. An hour later, I think I had earned somewhere around 25 honor trying to complete the main objective of the map.

I get that if they make honor too easy there it'll just get farmed on the lopsided servers, but damn. For a server like ours where there is actually a good, fairly even battle taking place, the honor is just crap and not worth the time investment if your focus is getting geared up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Shh.. don't let them all know

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDotter View Post
    Shh.. don't let them all know
    IKR... Do gooders spoiling it for the rest of us :P

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem here is that the most lucrative honor gain should be from PvP itself. The side objectives should be supplemental to the gains from fighting other players. This is bad design. It may have been too high initially, but now it seems like the honor gain is way too low. They need to bring it back some in the other direction.

Exactly, poor design. The "road" fight only gives honor if major objectives are met. It's quite possible for hours of fighting with no honor really being rewarded.

If they added a 1 HK = 1 Honor system or something it would be a lot more viable as a way of earning Honor.

Maybe even 1 HK = 0.5 Honor or something if that is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Killing PvE mobs, looting random spawning items on the ground, killing PvE rares (be careful to not die to rares).

Can get a little from killed enemy players too, but don't die.

Getting fragments is mostly PvE. Awesome.

Bonus objectives only give ~250 honor, no fragments IIRC.
    So if I get ganked by people with gear, while farming these artifacts, so that I can get honor to purchase gear, I lose those artifacts?

The 250 honor from the bonus objectives sounds better. I'll have to try that.

Thanks for answering my question btw.*
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2014-11-26 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoibhe View Post
    So if I get ganked by people with gear, while farming these artifacts, so that I can get honor to purchase gear, I lose those artifacts?

The 250 honor from the bonus objectives sounds better. I'll have to try that.

Thanks for answering my question btw.*
    That is half the fun. When you die you lose half your artifacts. I think the most I have lost in one death was 300. I bet the guy who killed me was very happy.