Might be my imagination? I could be crazy...

I could have sworn that I was in a dungeon the other night, and gotten silenced.

Now, I understand I can't death coil, blood boil as they're spells, but I'm almost certain that I couldn't even so much as swing for a Death Strike?

Is that normal?

There are a few mobs in certain dungeons that do a silence - the one that springs to mind is the ancient (Gnarl... branch? root?) in the Everbloom. The silence seems to be basically a "can't use abilities" as my group, including a Rogue and WW Monk, couldn't fire off spells, so whether it's a bug or a silence ALL ability is up for debate. It is for standing in the bad, so probably intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helwinter View Post
    There are a few mobs in certain dungeons that do a silence - the one that springs to mind is the ancient (Gnarl... branch? root?) in the Everbloom. The silence seems to be basically a "can't use abilities" as my group, including a Rogue and WW Monk, couldn't fire off spells, so whether it's a bug or a silence ALL ability is up for debate. It is for standing in the bad, so probably intended.
    That isn't just a silence, it's a Pacify effect.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Yeah, I'll admit, I was dumb and standing in the bad there. So likely was intended. Just surprised me. Thanks for the confirmation!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst this has been cleared up, it's also worth noting that some mobs in pre-WoD dungeons/raids will *attempt* to silence DKs as if they were casters (obviously this does nothing, though I've not tried casting Control Undead with it on - maybe it would stop that). Happened to me a bunch of times leveling through Outlands dungeons recently - mobs with ranged silences tried to silence me over the casters. Equally, many pre-MoP mobs will ignore Mistweaver Monks as targets for silences etc. (though they'll still Shield Bash them or the like, but only in a "target of opportunity" way).