My over-healing problem

Hey fellas,

After taking a few expansions off healing i decided to go resto this xpac and I have been having a blast, I generally play lifeblood double rejuv genesis, and my mana lasts my pretty much through every heroic boss fight, sometimes i struggle sometimes i have mana to spare.

With this being said i decided to level my priest who is 91 at the moment and ran an instance and had 0 problems with mana and rarely if at all had to drink.

I think what i am doing is over casting rejuv's, wasting mana, and over healing a ton.

I don't use any healing add-ons at the moment.

What would say that i do to fix this issue, i don't want to pom during boss fights.

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really necessary to use Gensis as a main heal. You're better of using Healing Touch in periods of low-medium damage, and Regrowth when damage is high / spikey. Genesis is useful when you already have rejuvenations on people that needs quick healing.

Overhealing isn't an issue unless you go out of mana. Of course, learning to be efficient is always a good idea. Don't cast Rejuvenation on people at full health unless you KNOW that they will take some damage in the next few seconds. Then, leave the Rejuvenation on them and let it heal them back to full, unless you know that they'll take some more damage.

Being able to predict damage is something that you'll get better at once you learn the encounters you're doing.

It's also wise in this healing model to trust the HoTs and let them do their work. If someone is at a moderate health level, you can pop a rejuv on them and let it tick. Unless you know big damage is coming, there's no reason to spam everyone back up to full.

Having the same issue on my Druid as well. Not sure if its a problem with spell priority or that the grp lacks basic dungeon fundamentals. Seems like most of the time my HoTs are doing very little even though the Tank has 4 active HoTs and standing in a fifth. An then comes the issue of where the grp is fine 1min and the next everyone is below 30% and its a struggle to keep people alive long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    Hey fellas,
    With this being said i decided to level my priest who is 91 at the moment and ran an instance and had 0 problems with mana and rarely if at all had to drink.
    Cheers
    Mana regen below 100 is not comparable to mana regen at 100 because of reasons (see Hamlet's blog on Healing Theory: Spirit past, present, and future) In other words, expect to have some mana issues running Heroics, especially with pugs as people gear and learn. I've run with both extremes: groups that bleed my mana dry and groups that don't tax it very much.
    Last edited by danielshawn; 2014-11-26 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Grammar