Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicthecat View Post
    Hey guys, just made an account to comment on this thread. I'm currently 4/7 mythic and I'm having a difficult...no, confusing time of deciding what stat priority I want to stick with.
    If you're doing heroic (meaning 7/7, not just Kargath) or mythic, it's intellect > spirit > mastery > the rest. Depending on the fight, spirit may be less considerably less valuable, sometimes to the point of being almost useless. With the current tier being the way it is, I'd say mastery is better than spirit on everything except imperator, but mana regeneration tends to be rather subjective and depends a lot on your raid group. Either way, mastery really shines when you're doing difficult content with relatively few healers (to get more DPS) and when you're good at timing your cooldowns to make the most of it. The better your timing is, the better mastery gets.

If you're only doing normal or casual heroic, it might be theoretically better to stack something other than mastery, but it doesn't really matter anyway. At that point you've most likely got more healers than are actually necessary, and if you wipe it's because of not handling mechanics, insufficient DPS, or healers who aren't skilled enough, not because your raw HPS over the course of the fight is lacking.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    So no one can share a Best in Slot List for Blackrock Foundry?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themi View Post
    Basically it is like this:
    • Haste becomes better the more of your healing is done by totems, hr and riptide. This means that it gains more value if more people are in your group/raid and it loses value if you single target heal a lot. It does overall give the most healing in a mythic mode setting which offsets the higher mana usage you have with haste.
    Wait, are we able to hit the GCD for HW with Tidal Waves? Because otherwise, the type of healing done shouldn't make any difference to how beneficial haste is. There are no haste breakpoints, and as long as haste isn't wasted in any way (like hitting GCD cap with HW+TW), nothing about our healing breakdown should influence how valuable haste is.

"But haste makes ticks of HR/totems/RT tick faster, therefore more valuable." True, but haste also increases the number and frequency of cast-times (like CH). My point isn't that haste doesn't increase in value, it just doesn't increase in value *more* based on the healing done.

• Mastery gains more value if you are the only healer or you underheal encounters. It also plays a significant role how many absorb healers are in your group. It is the best stat if your targets are under about 60% health (in my mthic raid the average health is about 65-70% usually) and it is the best stat by far in "shit hits the fan" situations.
    Source? I can't find an updated crit vs mastery comparison. Vixsin's numbers for mastery vs crit, http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=2965, are out of date now that crit doesn't proc AA. The old transition for crit > mastery for non-AA heals was 65% health...but we receive 5% more mastery passively, and if the point is to compare two different gearsets, that 5% boost matters.

All in all this gives the following stat prioritys:
    Mythic or any raiding >15man Mastery=Haste>Crit>=Multistrike>Versatility
    A fine rule of thumb, if you have the spirit to back it up. But I would say that if you've been unlucky with spirit pieces:

Mastery > Crit=Haste > Multi > Vers

My experience in mythic has been quite different from what I see for a lot of resto shamans. I actually value mastery only above versatility. My current Priority is MS=Crit > Haste > Mastery > Versatility. I don't stack spirit either, only having it currently on cloak, ring, and 1 trinket. I also prioritizes enchants to MS since it has less overall overhealing. So far the only fight I've needed to take Ele Blast on is Butcher. I do just fine on healing, but I may just have a different healing style than many other people.

there are no more breakpoints for totems, hots or HR, but haste adds an additional partial tick at the end based on how much time was left on the spell. Haste will provide the largest healing and efficiency gains for HST, HTT, HR and riptide unless targets are =< 50% health (then it's mastery.) Haste adds comparatively little to chainheal/surge/wave, since you probably aren't spamming those spells on a continuous enough basis that a tenth of a second more cast time is really noticeable.

most of the stat priority stuff you see for rshaman is ultimately coming from stoove's work (he wrote the guide on icy veins and posts there a bunch), which says that mastery is our highest-value stat. In his calculations, he makes the assumption that the target's health is 50% and if that's true, mastery is indeed our best stat. But haste is still second best, and if targets' health is above 50% (say, 75% or so) haste outpaces mastery quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brabazz View Post
    So no one can share a Best in Slot List for Blackrock Foundry?
    No point. With warforged and sockets being relatively common (but not so common that you'll ever have BiS+WF+socket in every slot), best in slot lists are meaningless. The best item for a slot is usually going to be whichever one you get a good version of, rather than the one that has the best stat distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophi View Post
    Wait, are we able to hit the GCD for HW with Tidal Waves? Because otherwise, the type of healing done shouldn't make any difference to how beneficial haste is. There are no haste breakpoints, and as long as haste isn't wasted in any way (like hitting GCD cap with HW+TW), nothing about our healing breakdown should influence how valuable haste is.
    At current gear levels, you can't get even close to GCD-capping HW, no. Unless you stack a bunch of other haste effects on top, anyway, like Bloodlust and Elemental Mastery. It's not a real concern. Expending Tidal Waves stacks can be a potential concern, though, or at least it has been in the past (when reforging gave you a bit more stat-freedom). Since haste doesn't affect the cooldown on Riptide or how often you really use Chain Heal, you have a more or less fixed number of Tidal Waves stacks to use. Haste meaning going through those stacks faster, leaving you to cast heals without the haste/crit buff from TW. So there is a sort of "soft cap" on haste, but what that cap is will depend on your raid role and healing style.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    The type of healing makes a very big difference. For a singletarget spell like hw it only decreases the cast time, thus only increasing the hps done , it doesn't influence the heal per cast or the hpm of the spell. For a spell like hr/hst/htt/riptide it not only reduces the casttime or gcd but also directly increases heal per cast and hpm by adding additional ticks.
    There is also the tidal waves interaction. You aren't currently able to hit any meaningful haste caps like the gcd cap you mentioned. Only singletarget healing means you have 2 tidal waves every 5 seconds. That usually means you can cast 2 spells then wait for the riptide cd to come up again or you cast 3 spells between riptides, meaning one doesn't benefit from tidal waves. These two factors make haste better the higher the percantage of your heal output is from hr/htt/hst/riptide which usually is the case the more people you are healing.

Source? I can't find an updated crit vs mastery comparison. Vixsin's numbers for mastery vs crit, http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=2965, are out of date now that crit doesn't proc AA. The old transition for crit > mastery for non-AA heals was 65% health...but we receive 5% more mastery passively, and if the point is to compare two different gearsets, that 5% boost matters.
    I made my own spread sheet with stat weights for every shaman heal spell, if you want to i can share it. Of course i don't garantuee it is completely correct. It gives a value of around 63-64% for the mastery-crit breakpoint.
    A fine rule of thumb, if you have the spirit to back it up. But I would say that if you've been unlucky with spirit pieces:
    Mastery > Crit=Haste > Multi > Vers
    That is only the case if you have really low spirit. As soon as you can sustain hr+hst+riptide+hw spam in between, haste is just plain better in a 20 man evironment. This is usually easily achieved while taking elemental blast,which i recommend in the majority of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    My experience in mythic has been quite different from what I see for a lot of resto shamans. I actually value mastery only above versatility. My current Priority is MS=Crit > Haste > Mastery > Versatility. I don't stack spirit either, only having it currently on cloak, ring, and 1 trinket. I also prioritizes enchants to MS since it has less overall overhealing. So far the only fight I've needed to take Ele Blast on is Butcher. I do just fine on healing, but I may just have a different healing style than many other people.
    I know what you mean, as i said my raid usually has an average health of 65-70% making mastery slightly worse than crit and multistrike overall. That however is usually only relevant for the meters as there are often phases where you don't have to heal much. In the phases you actually really have to heal mastery becomes the best stat usually. If you just want a high hps on the end of the day try to go with as much haste as possible.
    And butcher is the only fight where i didn't use eleblast because it is a very short fight and i usually don't run out of mana till the end.
    Last edited by mmoc5a90de1254; 2015-02-05 at 03:58 PM.

I know the bis weapon is currently probably the staff from gruul

But as people said really depends on wf or not and socket or not.

Looking at our set bonus we are ment to spam CH