Thread: Feral DPS

Deleted

Feral DPS

Hey guys,
    I got 4 questions about feral, im now ilvl 620 and loving it after 1.5 years of not playing wow.
    has anyone tried LI and glyph savage: Since moonfire does not get effected by savage roar. Meaning more FB in a fight. (moonfire cost 30 energy therefore more combo points too). How much of a dps loose is it? Considering a normal raid settings.
    Second questions: Glyph of savage tool tips reads: savage Roar is now always active passively, but its effect is reduced by 10%; does this imply that its 10% reduction to the bonus that it gives? Therefore *10% of 40% = 36% bonus from savage roar. Or is it 30%?
    third question: will our T2 set bonus (earn 1 energy every time a bleed ticks) also work with mark of shattered hand (weapon enchant that procs a bleed?) and does mastery affect it?
    Last question: For the incarnation + improved rake; is it worth waiting until the 1st improved rake (beginning of the fight) falls before casting incarnation to have longer up time on improved rake or is it better to cast it at the beginning of the fight to have full effect with the pots, trinkets procs (since the proc at the beginning).
    Any information would be awesome, long time reader first time poster thanks

I find feral really mediocre. When all your cooldowns are up, you're just spamming shred with the rare 5 pt bite or rip. The dps while doing that is pretty awful. Swipe is really weak. Bleeds in general aren't worth it on stuff that doesn't live a long time. You can off heal fairly well. Whatever that's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    I find feral really mediocre. When all your cooldowns are up, you're just spamming shred with the rare 5 pt bite or rip. The dps while doing that is pretty awful. Swipe is really weak. Bleeds in general aren't worth it on stuff that doesn't live a long time. You can off heal fairly well. Whatever that's worth.
    Are you speaking PvE or PvP? I have to start my PvP gearup this weekend for the new season but in PvE even when I had a lower ilvl (and in CM's) running Bloodtalons my DPS is usually on top or close to it for single target or fights with only 2-3 targets. We're far from weak. AoE you're 100% on point about; it's fucking atrocious and right now all we can do is cope, keep Thrash rolling and Rake everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post

*I dont agree with you , for exemple , i get a ilvl 637 feral drood with nice gear (almost 29% crit and 5% multistrick) without any buff and i can tell you that in full buff with pre pot and flask i can reach the 55-60k dps on pull and 21-25k dps at end , I find the feral (if for sure he is really well played) one of the best dps class.

I agree with you on one point , when we get a fight with aoe dmg we are f***ing useless , but with 2 target we can be good.

To answer to your question "Shackle" , dont take the 30% savage roar , refresh this spell arent realy hard Moreover , play with FB most of the time and when you get a fight with 2 or 3 big target , (like a council or Twins) take moonfire skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral cleave up to 3-4 targets is really solid if you have some good crit/mastery gear. ST is one of the strongest in game atm. Be sure to keep some crit/multistrike pieces for ST fights and crit/mastery for cleave/aoe fights. I would like to see swipe actually be a goto. I'm not a fan of tab raking and thrash. Its a lot of work for minimal dps atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral AoE is ok, but it's probably the hardest AoE to pull off well.

Essentially you want to have a savage roar buffed rake and a tigers fury thrash on everything while weaving in swipes.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-11-28 at 08:41 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

It's weird. I feel like it's a pain in the butt to get the maximum out of rip. Tiger's Fury, Blood Talons and Savage Roar. For me so far it's only possible on pull or when all the cooldowns are back up again. Is there a trick to it?

I stopped bothering with AoE... it's just plain frustrating what we as feral have to do to be somewhat decent...

@OP:
    Glyph of Savagery (or whatever it's called) makes it 30% not 36%

And afaik during the pull just overwrite the rake asap and then let it tick as long as possible
    You no take Bacon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necto View Post
    *I dont agree with you , for exemple , i get a ilvl 637 feral drood with nice gear (almost 29% crit and 5% multistrick) without any buff and i can tell you that in full buff with pre pot and flask i can reach the 55-60k dps on pull and 21-25k dps at end , I find the feral (if for sure he is really well played) one of the best dps class.

I agree with you on one point , when we get a fight with aoe dmg we are f***ing useless , but with 2 target we can be good.

To answer to your question "Shackle" , dont take the 30% savage roar , refresh this spell arent realy hard Moreover , play with FB most of the time and when you get a fight with 2 or 3 big target , (like a council or Twins) take moonfire skill.
    im not sure but in my feral (its OS) gear im 631 and im pulling off ~22 - 24k dps most of the time in single target fights no pots/flasks in 5man hc. this makes me in 90% of the groups the best dps by miles somehow. only now and then a hunter does more dmg then me or an other feral druid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koekienator View Post
    im not sure but in my feral (its OS) gear im 631 and im pulling off ~22 - 24k dps most of the time in single target fights no pots/flasks in 5man hc. this makes me in 90% of the groups the best dps by miles somehow. only now and then a hunter does more dmg then me or an other feral druid
    You guys care to share what rotation you are working with and how about stats Prios? - Currently just started gearing my feral up as an alt, but finding it hard to push over 13-14k on single target

Quote Originally Posted by koekienator View Post
    Sure i can pull as much dps. But these HC boss fights are not good indicator of standard dps. Boss fights take about 1-1.5 minutes, which will never reflect on your true DPS in raid environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaesberg View Post
    You guys care to share what rotation you are working with and how about stats Prios? - Currently just started gearing my feral up as an alt, but finding it hard to push over 13-14k on single target
    These Heroic fights are a bad indicator. They're just too short.

I use Incarnation and Blood Talons.
    I start the fight with Incarnation and Rake to get a 5 point SR rolling then Berserk/TF into Shredx4/Rip and then follow my Blood Talons rotation from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    These Heroic fights are a bad indicator. They're just too short.

I use Incarnation and Blood Talons.
    I start the fight with Incarnation and Rake to get a 5 point SR rolling then Berserk/TF into Shredx4/Rip and then follow my Blood Talons rotation from then on.
    Run Glyph of Savage Roar. Prowl in, Rake, bam buffed 100% rake and full SR. Then shred to 5, Zerk/Inc/TF Rip, Reapply Rake. Alternatively Shred to 4, Zerk/Inc/TF and Rake then Rip.

Sorry if that's kind of what you meant, didn't want anyone misreading and thinking they should run in and Incarnation first global.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kals View Post
    Run Glyph of Savage Roar. Prowl in, Rake, bam buffed 100% rake and full SR. Then shred to 5, Zerk/Inc/TF Rip, Reapply Rake. Alternatively Shred to 4, Zerk/Inc/TF and Rake then Rip.

Sorry if that's kind of what you meant, didn't want anyone misreading and thinking they should run in and Incarnation first global.
    You can Inc and start the fight out of stealth. Pre-pot at 2-3 sec on pull timer, Inc at 1 sec, Rake. You end up saving a global cooldown in the combat window. Just 1 global cooldown though. This is only, ofc, if you get to open with Inc on a fight. Not really enough dps to get your panties in a wad, but something to consider if AoE damage goes out at the very start of the fight or something. Might save you a second pot later on in the fight.

Deleted
    You guys do realize you can hard cast HT before the pull to get bloodtalons buffed improved rake as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, don't forget your HT at the start. That also makes a non-stealth opener even more appealing to me. Thought that was kind of a given, but then I read back through a couple posts. Free dps is free dps! =)