Deleted

Dire Beast Macro'd?

Heya

From my understanding Dire Beast is a) the best choice for BM hunters and b) should be used top priority and on cooldown.

It's also my understanding that Beastial Wrath should also be used as many times in the fight as possible, ideally when high focus.

Dire Beast is on the GCD and Bestial Wrath isn't.

My question is are there there any negative practical implications to macroing Dire Beast into Bestial Wrath?

So in practice the button would Dire Beast every 15 seconds and Bestial Wrath every one minute.

Simply trying to save bar space not shortcut or automate or dumb down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you can, keeping track of the CDs might get messy but like you said it's not on the GCD so no reason you couldnt do that. The opener might get messed up, but #yolo

Dire Beast does not benefit from Bestial Wrath in any way. Also Dire Beast CD is 30 seconds, not 15.

Just pick Thrill of the Hunt if you don't like more buttons. Don't complain and whine that you need to press more buttons for best DPS, besides, Dire Beast is the easiest one to use as it's use-and-forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Dire Beast does not benefit from Bestial Wrath in any way. Also Dire Beast CD is 30 seconds, not 15.

Just pick Thrill of the Hunt if you don't like more buttons. Don't complain and whine that you need to press more buttons for best DPS, besides, Dire Beast is the easiest one to use as it's use-and-forget.
    Relax broski lol.

Point remains though, just hit the damn button once every 30 seconds. If you're super lazy, yeah you can macro it to BW, but it'd be a bit of a DPS loss in the end and if they end up unsynced (and they will) and DB is off your bars well then you're just fucked.

TL;DR no. If you wanna save bar space, get a WeakAura that tells you to hit a (hidden) Dire Beast bind when it's a few secs of coming off cooldown.

Deleted
    Replies like yours always remind me that a computer game discussion forum isn't the place to find people for whom social skills is high on their list of priorities.

Where in my post do I whinge or complain? I'm asking a perfectly reasonable question in perfectly reasonable manner.

I'm also not trying to be 'top dps' but reduce PvP binds whern I already have Exil, AMOC and 3-4 manual pet spells. I'm looking to declutter wherever I can find an opportunity.

However I do get the point you are making; Passives are there for a reason.

Why would you even take Dire Beast for PvP? lol.

Deleted
    Why would you even take Dire Beast for PvP? lol.
    I don't.

I might consider taking it, if I could find a way to test its effectiveness vs bind overload. Perhaps helped via a macro.

My question wasn't about how effective Dire Beast is in PvP. It was about the implications of macroing Dire Beast has on Bestial Wrath.

If only there was some kind of internet discussion forum where I could discuss doing that.

Thanks for the reply Azor.
    Last edited by mmoc2affe9e45c; 2014-11-28 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post

I might consider taking it, if I could find a way to test its effectiveness vs bind overload. Perhaps helped via a macro.
    And you might be a noob. Dire Beast is a pve-only talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Posts question regarding macro usage. Gets called complainer, whiner and noob.

Keep up the awesome community spirit MMO champ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    They already answered your question, it would probably be bad since sync and BW has no impact on direbeast so it would be more or less useless for dps.

And for the record, you want to use direbeast when BW is about to end for max focus gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Staigzor View Post
    And for the record, you want to use direbeast when BW is about to end for max focus gain.
    Uh, no.

1) You'd be wasting a damaging global by popping it within BW, especially when it's just about to end.

2) Why would it generate more focus just because you use it when BW is about to end? The only thing that stops it from generating focus is you focus capping. If you focus cap outside BW you suck.

If you get the T17 non-lfr 2 piece, dire beast and BW are pretty much guaranteed to get out of sync: Your KC has a chance to reset the cooldown of bestial wrath. Tier likely won't be obtainable for another 8 weeks though (at minimum, not including time it takes for it to drop).

http://www.wowhead.com/item=115548&bonus=567
    Last edited by Cutsman; 2014-11-28 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    OK actual discussion is back.

Thank you chaps. Lots of food for thought. But ultimately it seems it has to be bound. (for PvE or PvP).

I believe that popping Dire Beast about a GCD or two ahead of BW would be more ideal. It should basically guarantee you don't need to Cobra Shot during BW even if you were slightly off the mark when you popped it. That also means you aren't pushing back a DB CD because it wasn't quite up before you popped BW since popping it during BW is a DPS loss over spamming Arcane and KC. Just my two cents.

Sorry some people want to attack you. The world is full of people who hate themselves and spew bile at others to make themselves feel better. Unfortunately the internet just makes it easier because they can do it without repercussion.