[Holy] Heroics healing guide

I am mostly a lurker on here and today decided to made a guide today and figured if I posted here you guys would point out any flaws or things I am doing wrong to help criticize my work. Thanks in advance for and help you can provide.

I can link the whole site as I havent posted before so its on youtube with the following url:

watch?v=BYCwKktVJNU

Deleted
    Here are some flaws i noticed, or id rather say Tipps and Tricks i could give you:

1. Use your Holy Prism more. Dont just use it as a Macro for Group healing. It is in fact a powerful groupheal, but using it on the Tank when having to burstheal is just as effective.
    2. Swap Beacons more. Yes, our 5 man group heal is pretty pathetic when it comes to HC/CM. So to counter that you should beaconswap more to extend the effectiveness of your singletarget-heals. Also when bursthealing someone, the beacon should always be swaped onto the target to save 40% mana on every cast. (A mouseover Macro for each Beacon would be smart to use.)
    3. Use Denounce when you dont have to cast heals. Since it cost no mana, its always worth to throw in a denounce when there is no dmg income. Its extra dmg which result having to heal less in a fight. (I use a target of target macro so i dont have to swap targets.)
    4. Crusader strike is the only ability i dont even have on my bar. Its a Melee attack, cost mana and a Gobal CD, and basically does no damage. I see no reason to use it. To add to that, you dont want to be standing near most bosses that much.
    5. Depending on how much mastery you have and the situation (burstphase), you can overheal the Tank with Holy Light. But i feel this is only worth if you have enough mastery to compensate the manaloss for the Shield.

I'd say, Beacon swapping is what seperates the good Pallys from the bad.

I agree with you on the beacon swapping I havent got the glyph as of yet to remove it from the gcd so I compensate by trying to use Eternal Flame on party members. Since I try to use it so much generating holy power is essential. Crusader strike helps generate it and so I use it as much as possible if it wont interrupt my heals going out. Denounce I've noticed does minimal damage and one crit from any good dps will shame any efforts I try to put in to dps. So I believe it is more important to try and keep people alive and be ready to save from cleaves and fire on call. As far as mastery Eternal flame does a better job imo. You hit hard with a crit at full hp and the hot will keep the shield up to damage is taken. I hate over healing though as it feels very mana inefficient.
    Thank you for your comment and tips I will defiantly work on beacon swapping.

Not to be "that guy" but if you're going to do a guide on how to effectively complete heroics it should include all available options not just YOUR options. Not having the beacon glyph is a pretty major oversight and putting something out for the public that just doesn't take it into account because YOU don't have it makes everything else lose credibility.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Not to be "that guy" but if you're going to do a guide on how to effectively complete heroics it should include all available options not just YOUR options. Not having the beacon glyph is a pretty major oversight and putting something out for the public that just doesn't take it into account because YOU don't have it makes everything else lose credibility.
    No where does it say guides need to include every option available... He is perfectly allowed to say this is his method that works for him.

I know my mechanics arent min maxed but I was trying to get the core concept of healing is more patient work now. Rushing to top people off will result in being more oom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamix View Post
    [*]Crusader strike is the only ability i dont even have on my bar. Its a Melee attack, cost mana and a Gobal CD, and basically does no damage. I see no reason to use it. To add to that, you dont want to be standing near most bosses that much.

It generate holy power at a low mana cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacotuesday View Post
    Holybouch has the numbers that says it isnt worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyre View Post
    I use it when people are topped off thus not over healing yet prepping heals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpyre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacotuesday View Post
    I don't think you need much calculation to know that a 3.2k crusader strike for 1 HP isnt worth the global and mana.

Fact is, you need a total of 3 CS -> 9.6k mana for a WoG/EF -> FoL and WoG/EF heal around the same amount with the same cast time, yet FoL only cost 6.4k.

So 9549+6350 over time totaling 15900 verses 9021 flash of light? Ratios of 1.76 time more healing and 1.5 more the mana cost. So about 26% more efficient mana cost wise? Or is my math wrong?

Or you could just cast a Holy Light for 3.3k mana and give 1 DD and the tank (and maybe another DD if Beacon of Faith) an 5k / 2.5k shield which also has a 10% chance to trigger Enhanced Holy Shock

- - - Updated - - -

PS also FoL 40% cheaper on beacons
    PPS and 3 CS + EF is quite some time overall, 4 GCDs for 1 mediocre heal
    And last but not least: Meleerange because something that is not worth it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshbringer View Post
    So 9549+6350 over time totaling 15900 verses 9021 flash of light? Ratios of 1.76 time more healing and 1.5 more the mana cost. So about 26% more efficient mana cost wise? Or is my math wrong?
    If you actually think that you will get the entire HoT-duration out of your EF in lets say CM runs every single time, then you can add a variable to your calculation that FoL proccs enhanced HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Or you could just cast a Holy Light for 3.3k mana and give 1 DD and the tank (and maybe another DD if Beacon of Faith) an 5k / 2.5k shield which also has a 10% chance to trigger Enhanced Holy Shock

- - - Updated - - -

PS also FoL 40% cheaper on beacons
    PPS and 3 CS + EF is quite some time overall, 4 GCDs for 1 mediocre heal
    And last but not least: Meleerange because something that is not worth it

Now this is what i would call correct "math". And theres no way i would run up to a boss just to CS him. If they would remove the Mana cost, i might conssider it, but even then, i dont think i would use it often.

I've never really looked into Beacon Swapping, it totally looks like something I should be doing tho!

Should I make a macro that swaps beacon of light to the target I'm casting FoL on and keep beacon of insight on the tank?

After first week of raids I feel much better about my nitch in a raid than in a heroic. But now with gear and doing cm's and raids I have beacons and dont swap much but my mana is still very stable. So to all you holy pallies out there fear not it gets better soon you will be topping those charts.