Level 2 Herb Garden bugged?

I've read that once your herb garden is level 2, you're supposed to be able to ask one of the NPCs to plant specific herbs rather than random ones. I've also heard that this is contingent on having Fiona (or presumably some other follower with the herb trait, if you have one) assigned to the garden.

I do have Fiona assigned to my level 2 garden, but not only can I not request anything from any of the NPCs there, Fiona herself does not appear anywhere near the vicinity of the garden, but is still hanging out in my main garrison area and giving no dialogue options other than the standard "I need you to come on patrol with me" when I click on her. I've tried removing her and reassigning her to the garden, but it doesn't help.

Anyone else having this issue? Am I doing something wrong here, or should I put in a ticket about it?

15+ Year Old Account
    You have to talk to the nightelf that stands in front of the garden house, the one that sells stuffs for seeds. once you have a follower assigned, you can talk to her and chose which herb you want to plant.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, the follower doesn't appear in the garden at all. The one who is the vendor there will have a new option regarding which herb to grow, after you assigned a follower/reached lvl 2
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

That's the problem, though. The night elf in front of the house isn't doing anything new or showing any new options. I was talking to Fiona to see if she would sell anything like other work-assigned followers do, or otherwise give any indication that she was assigned to the garden at all, but it seems like the game is reading her as not-assigned. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any steps I was missing that would cause that, but it seems like it must be a bug.

I don't know why the Night Elf has nothing for you, but Fiona will not change. Anyone assigned to either the mine or herb garden do not have dialogue changes or anything. The assigned miner has a pickaxe in their hand and occasionally walks into the mine, but other than that they're no different from anyone else hanging out in the garrison. That's not your issue here. What you need to do is go talk to Olly Nimkip, the human NPC next to the work order box for the garden. If it says follower bonus active in green text at the bottom of the window then it is active.

Deleted
    When I first assigned my follower to the herb garden I had the same thing with no options showing on the garden NPC vendor guy and him not showing as active on the work order person. I unassigned and reassigned the follower (with a couple of game restarts) and the option showed up after that. It's like it didn't recognise it the first time I did it.

Edit: sorry, I see you've already tried that but maybe completely restarting between unassigning and reassigning might work, it seemed to fix it for me. Hope you get it fixed!
    Last edited by mmocf2713d0352; 2014-11-29 at 01:13 AM.