Deleted

Question on raid teams

Hey Guys,

My guild are currently having a debate between the officers whether to split our raid team into two 10 man groups or just stick both teams together and raid between 10-30?

Will having 10 man only be harder than if we had say 17, 18, 19... etc people?

The way i see it is, if we have between 10 - 30 people in one raid it leaves a bit more room for error and makes our raid team more flexible i.e if some people can't make a raid day for what ever reason, having more people will also ensure we have the correct buffs and more combat rez.

Hope to get some feedback, thanks in advanced.

Deleted
    Would be useful to know what level your guild is hoping to raid at, what's the skill spread like?

Though probably the most important question is, do you have 4 good tanks or at least 2 good ones and 2 average?
    If you don't have the tanks splitting into 2 x 10 man's will leave 1 team very screwed.

Deleted
    separating the 10 best from the rest will make 1 group clear fast and the other slow (or not at all). If you stick together with all your people you will probably slow down the 10 good ones more than they can push the baddies. If you want to raid mythic you need to equip at least 20 people so you would have to go with everyone. Really depends on what your goals are.
    I (as mt of my guild) do not agree with what saishan said, it doesn't matter in what sector you are missing (if it's tanks, dps, heal) if any of those doesn't work as intended you are screwed. It's just more easily notable if a tank makes a mistakes, but it's the easiest thing to learn in an encounter as well if you ask me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saishan View Post
    Would be useful to know what level your guild is hoping to raid at, what's the skill spread like?

Though probably the most important question is, do you have 4 good tanks or at least 2 good ones and 2 average?
    If you don't have the tanks splitting into 2 x 10 man's will leave 1 team very screwed.
    We are looking to get into Mythic, we arn't too worried getting there to be world first or realm first by any means.

We have 2 strong tanks and 4 very strong healers

Deleted
    Ofc all roles are important but covering for a weak tank is much harder than cover for a weak dps or healer.
    Not to mention they'll need a total of 4-5 healers for one 20 or 2 10's where as for tanks they'll need to find 2 extra to split into 2 10 man's.

Deleted
    My guild is rather casual and we will be going with a constant 20 man team through normal/heroic and hopefully at some point mythic.

Deleted
    The latter is true, they wouldn't need 4 tanks for mythic, but they do for splitting into 2 groups. Hmm I'm not sure, we had a harder time replacing good dps than tanks so far, basically you need 1 tank that knows how the encounter works so he can teach the others. Still I think tanking is one of the easier things this xp (at least in CMs so far) but we'll see how that will change when the raids hit.

If you're going to go mythic eventually, I think it's better to raid together with as much of the group from the start. That way you can learn each other's voices on vent better, smooth out communications, find synergies, and learn the bosses using the same positioning and healing assignments that you're going to be using in the harder difficulty. Why add extra things to learn later on when you can learn them now under lower pressure.

Sure, 10man is more fun and intimate and relaxing, but I suggest you leave that for your normal clears and farm runs.

Deleted
    Doing anything else besides 20 is stupid.

Splitting up the teams would be a good way to create schism, as the worse team would have worse experience AND gear, and would kinda make 2 tanks obsolete.

It's just more easily notable if a tank makes a mistakes, but it's the easiest thing to learn in an encounter as well if you ask me