Thread: New to blood DK

New to blood DK

Hello guys, I am new to blood DK's. When I run heroics I can no problem tanking a lot of mobs. But I noticed when I go tank CM's it seems I have a lot of problems. I was just wondering if you could help me out with CD's and stuff. What addons to get or what macros to make. It would help me a lot. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hpyerfox View Post
    Hello guys, I am new to blood DK's. When I run heroics I can no problem tanking a lot of mobs. But I noticed when I go tank CM's it seems I have a lot of problems. I was just wondering if you could help me out with CD's and stuff. What addons to get or what macros to make. It would help me a lot. Thanks!
    might help more with an armory link.
    spec the following:
    - purgatory - no brainer
    - death pact - this paired with vamp blood will heal you to full instantly
    - chillblains - probably not as good for gold runs, but when casually doing cms, chillblains means you can kite everything thats not a caster.
    - remorseless or mass grip - if you have decent aoe stuns in group, take grip. Functions as mass interrupt and makes quick work of all caster pulls.
    - defile is awesome, but if you either do very big pulls and/or kite a lot, might as well take breath of sindragosa - its simply amazing damage if you properly pool resources for it.

Trash pulls:
    - have rune tap up when engaging // most common cause of deaths is the initial pull. Get your diseases and stuns running before rune tap runs out (or spend a 2nd charge obv) and its gg.
    - if to many trash is alive after you run out of stuns, rotate other cooldowns or kite. Or, bring better dps
    - casters are generally more dangerous then melee mobs (excluding dodgeable projected attacks), try get marks up kill them first, utilize interrupts/dark sim.

Bosses:
    should be fairly straight forward imo, i've soloed some cm bosses after the whole party died. All you need is a good way you can see your resolve % and time your deathstrikes when it spikes up, you'll be virtually unkillable. And yes that means you sit on runes. I try to keep 1 blood (rune tap) and 2 death runes running, so you are always ready for whatever happens. Our boss dps is fairly bad anyways, you can focus dps on trash that's where we shine

Gearing is hard to say without armory link - I personally go bonus armor>multistrike>mastery for cms.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

10+ Year Old Account
    CMs are just really hard. You can't be careless about trash like you can in Heroics, you need to dispell mobs, interupt everything you can, stun/CC ect. Like the poster above, I use Armor/Mastery/MS but I prefer Mastery over MS. Glyph of Icy Touch is nice if you don't have someone to dispell an enrage.

You say sit on runes but that means you sit there for a few seconds doing nothing, right? Isn't that dangerous to not death strike for such a long time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkerbell View Post
    You say sit on runes but that means you sit there for a few seconds doing nothing, right? Isn't that dangerous to not death strike for such a long time?
    You shouldn't death strike for the sake of death striking. You prioritize the use of your runes by:

BB to build up DS stacks
    RT when damage is incoming to mitigate it
    DS when you've taken damage to heal it up
    DS if no RT (or if damage is more than 3 seconds) to pre-shield AND if damage is physical

and so on. DRW on melee packs, AMS on magic, bones prior to pulls or when up in pulls.

I don't mean to say you shouldn't death strike at all, but mindlessly hitting death strike is just as bad as not hitting it.