Deleted

Warlocks have turned extremely boring, destro in particular.

Destro warlock immediately turned into one of the must boring classes for me.
    After burning my embers with dark soul, all i do is cast incinerate for days, with the only variation being refreshing immolate and casting conflagrate.
    I don't mind being low or middle tier dps, i don't mind losing dps on movement, I don't mind the AoE hit that we took, but destro went from being mildly interesting and having fairly dynamic gameplay, to an absurd amount of incinerate spam with 1 hotfix.

Charred remains might be the answer, but it's such a big DPS loss on any other fight than AoE, that it's hard to justify taking it in any situation that involves any kind of single target DPS.

Just the thought of doing any kind of pure single target raid boss, where there is no option for ember regen through shadowburning minions, demotivates me completely, because i know that it translates to days on end of spamming incinerate.

I know this is not news to anyone, and i know you're drowning in rant, but this seems so extreme.
    Last edited by mmocc8c4e592e4; 2014-11-28 at 10:34 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesybrough View Post
    destro went from being mildly interesting and having fairly dynamic gameplay, to an absurd amount of incinerate spam with 1 hotfix.
    You have another two, far more engaging specs to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    This. Destruction single target has never been super interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    This. Destruction single target has never been super interesting.
    Destro has always been about the big nukes with some DoTs. But it was never this bad.

There's some merit to the new AoE rotation without RoF. But it's a bit too easy (even for good players) to miss a final Shadowburn due to slow group reaction time to a low hp enemy.

Destro is also massively lacking in another ember consumption effect or two. A Shadowflame DoT would be a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    We also have two inferior specs to play. It's actually doubly bad because all other things being equal, specs which are "engaging" will perform worse than simple specs, for obvious reasons relating to skill ceilings and floors. So Warlocks have two hard-but-unrewarding specs, and one easy-but-strong spec. Strong being relative in this case; no Warlock spec is simming as anything but mediocre in this expansion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree to disagree.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its going to be an issue that the Devs will have to address as this Expansion Ages. At the moment people are still doing stuff its that lull between expansion and major patch
    Since the ROF nerf that's another spell that's been totally ruined. Yet I was going around SW on my frost mage after nuking the AH with the NUKLAR paint target and basically killing everything that attacked. I wouldn't say its like a Vendetta they have against locks, but more they don't understand the people that rolled a lock loved the unique feel of the class. Locks saw the biggest changes in MOP at first they assured people no major changes would result from WOD but they arrived

I'm starting to wonder if anyone actually played Destruction in 5.0. Because this is how it played in MV.