Question Tanaan Jungle at lvl100?

So something that just been wondering, I noticed that Tanaan Jungle is greyed out in the Map, meaning its left undiscovered, and shows as lvl100 area. We went to one small part of it at the start (The Dark Portal) but the rest of it is blocked off. Also seen people in the Beta exploit their way way though to that zone, seeing lvl100 mobs and whatnot.
    Was this ever confirmed to be a zone in a later patch, or a reason why it was left out?
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2014-11-29 at 01:45 AM.

Do you really think they'd put a massive zone there nowadays without intention of opening it at some point?

It is content that was suppose to be in the game at release for lvl 100 only but got pushed back because it wasnt ready. It will be in the game at some point.

This thread will very likely answer your question.

Here's some stuff in case you're too lazy to click the link:

Lore @CM_Lore
    @ChromWolf Those level ranges are correct. Rest of Tanaan will be in a content patch (it's the Iron Horde's primary seat of power).

Lore ‏@CM_Lore
    @DarkElpizo Tanaan isn't "pushed back". Plan has always been go through dark portal -> escape -> come back later to finish the job.

Kablammo ‏@WhammoKablammo @CM_Lore @DarkElpizo It has not been said before that Tanaan isn't live in 6.0 - new decision or new information for us?

Lore @CM_Lore
    @WhammoKablammo @DarkElpizo Not a new decision. Perhaps not communicated clearly. We haven't talked much about content patches post-6.0.

Still TL;DR?: Future content
    Last edited by Tisane; 2014-11-29 at 01:52 AM.

It's self-evident that we are going to get a whole entire zone in a later content patch, which is actually going to be a new idea and very exciting (Isle of Thunder and Quel'danas were close). I'd expect it to be quite fleshed out and epic to be honest. I'd imagine it will be in the content patch prior to the final raid and I would bet there will also be a five-man or two involved as well.

It has been confirmed since Blizzcon 2013 that Tanaan will be added in a post-launch patch along wit the Iron Citadel raid. Only piece of post-launch content that has be confirmed so far, though.

There's sadly not much there at the moment. The Dark Portal area, obviously.

A cut-and-paste of Hellfire Citadel with a few untextured towers (what I'm assuming is Iron Citadel), then the giant mountain-thing near where the Throne of Kil'jaeden is in HP where the orcs drank the blood of Mannoroth/killed Mannoroth in this timeline.

A weird set of gravestones and a peon that isn't actually a creature, but a terrain object.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It has been confirmed since Blizzcon 2013 that Tanaan will be added in a post-launch patch along wit the Iron Citadel raid. Only piece of post-launch content that has be confirmed so far, though.
    They also said Faralhon. But they reneged on that one pretty quick.

What if they are waiting to release it because this is where we will encounter the burning legion?

As stated in previous threads. I like the new idea to add new zones accompanying new patches, compared to TBC, WOTLK and Cataclysm there were only new content for raiders. In MOP we got two whole new zones to accompany soo and throne of thunder, which is a far superior model compared to having just another leveling zone.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!