Deleted

Archaeology broken

I wonder who did the QC for archaeology this time around.

I'm working on an artifact, 250 arakkoa fragments. Now, while digging, I found that the maximum of fragments I can have is 200.

While I COULD use 3 keystones to get me to 250, I don't have them. And how am I supposed to get them, since I cannot dig any further until I looted the previous find in a digsite which I cannot do since, funnily enough, I'm already at 200 fragments. *sigh*

you can go get some keystones from the ah if you dont have any from your own digs. I had the stones so I didn't notice this, but it does seem silly to require stones for rare solves given your position, although it could be by design. it doesn't sound that outrageous to state rare solves require keystones though.

any1 know how i get the recipie i need for the next skill rank in htis proff, ive tried survying and solve wiht no luck what os ever
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2014-11-29 at 11:33 AM.

You CAN keep digging after you get the 200 fragments. You'll dig, the thing will appear, you'll bend down to loot. You'll get an error you can't loot any more of those. If you get a keystone, great. If not keep digging until you do. It stinks, I know. It happened to me. But eventually you'll get your 3 keystones and you can move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TeebsGaming View Post
    you can go get some keystones from the ah if you dont have any from your own digs. I had the stones so I didn't notice this, but it does seem silly to require stones for rare solves given your position, although it could be by design. it doesn't sound that outrageous to state rare solves require keystones though.
    What, you can auction keystones? Lol, I never knew. I'll hit the AH right away and see if I can get them for cheap, thanks for the info.

Still, it seems weird that we actually REQUIRE the keystones for archaeology...

Yeah, needing fragments over the cap is just bad design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question about the restored artifact crates, is there a place in Draenor to restore them or I have to go back to Pandaria?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Question about the restored artifact crates, is there a place in Draenor to restore them or I have to go back to Pandaria?
    Archeology supplies in Ashran, for the horde it's an Arakkoa in the goblin part IIRC, not sure about the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Archeology supplies in Ashran, for the horde it's an Arakkoa in the goblin part IIRC, not sure about the alliance.
    Thanks a lot.

I had this exact same problem with a 198/200 ogre shard artifact. Very silly design flaw, they need to raise the cap to 300 at least.

Someone harrass the devs on twitter about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also a half dozen or so archaeology boxes scattered around Spires of Arak with Ciphers in them if you've not looted them all already. They require small amounts of parkour to get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    any1 know how i get the recipie i need for the next skill rank in htis proff, ive tried survying and solve wiht no luck what os ever
    Solving finds when you are 600/600 is a waste since it won't give you a skill-up. Had the same concern but here is a solution: patience.

Yup, you need to dig and dig. Sooner or later you should get a blue item that will teach you Draenor Archeology. I got mine around in the middle of first dig site (~surveys). If you are unlucky don't solve anything, just dig for fragments until you get blue. Fragments stack up and then you could solve multiple finds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    There's also a half dozen or so archaeology boxes scattered around Spires of Arak with Ciphers in them if you've not looted them all already. They require small amounts of parkour to get to them.
    And one or two of them requires 600 Archaeology for some reason. Still, I chuckled, when two of my alts were able to solve the ilvl 620 Str/Agi mace as one of their first ever archaeology projects. It'll make levelling my enhance shaman that much easier.

I know I looted 3 of those keystones in spires on top of a mountain. It was a draenor treasure. Can't remember exactly where cuz it went away on the map after looting, but just download handy notes draenor treasures and I'm sure you find it.

The cap on Archaeology fragments just needs to go away. It's annoying to have to solve something in the middle of a digsite. It's annoying to have to solve stuff while opening crates to avoid wasting fragments.

The cap was put in place so Blizzard could implement new Archaeology items for old races. But with the way things are right now you don't even want to manually farm anything from pre-MoP. It's far quicker to just buy a Mantid locator and farm Mantid digsites. They're only in two zones and it's rare to even get a yellow/orange excavation light because they're all so tiny. Then you just crate your solves. Those crates stack to 200 and are only capped by bank/bag space.