Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'm actually bored
    I'm done with heroics, I have the bad luck of being on Hellscream so last 3 days we were not able to raid.
    I'm fully enchanted, gemmed, made all gear I could make on my alts cause I had terrible luck on gear drops in hcs.
    All there is left to do is queue work orders couple times a week, collect finished work orders, queue missions.
    The last days have been plain boring.
    I even did ashran today to kill some time
    I just sit in my Garrison waiting for stuff to happen *crickets shirping*

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Pretty much this. Garrison accounts for a small sliver of character progression.

- - - Updated - - -

That's like saying farming mobs in the world mandatory because you can get 655 BoE world drops.
    Guess what mobs I farm when I'm not doing the garrison
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Takes about 15 minutes to tidy up. I don't see the chore there. I'll take this I've 3 hours of dailies as a healer.

Garrisons and what they did to professions are the worst additions and changes I have seen in WOW. Talk about taking the multiplayer out of MMO.

To put it in perspective, I have had guild mates actually celebrate not having to rely on other players, not have to compete for nodes, etc etc.

Then top it off with that crud that is Ashran/Stormshield/whatever.

My peeve with garrisons is that they per character, perhaps some of it could be, but the 4 presets should be shared. I would have preferred to see MY alts working there and not boring NPCs
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    I would have preferred to see MY alts working there and not boring NPCs
    Lol that'd be funny to see but then I'd have to change all my alts to female blood elves and not give them any armor. Wut?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    yes yes, blizzard should remove garrisons, daily quests, professions, lfg, lfr, petbattles, challenge modes, make every raid difficulty share the same lockout, remove world drop epics.

the casuals can do each hc dungeon once a day only, the midocre can raid normal, the good players can raid heroic, and the pro can raid mythic.

this way everyone got one thing to focus on as their endgame, and noone will ever run out of stuff to do or get bored because people know what they are playing for.

NO! choise and alternative progression patterns are a good thing. you are not forced to do garrison missions, use your crafting cooldown every single day, or raid every raid difficulty. blizzards allows people to do what they like to do in the game, but people can't grasp this and for some reason feels forced to complete everything the game has to offer.

IF you can find a middle ground that EVERYONE will agree on, then enlighten us. But that is impossible, so blizzards caters to as broad an audiance as possible, offering everyone something to do.
    No, they should just not have made garrisons - and designed the content in such a way that Garrisons wouldn't have to be involved.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

About 2 days after I got my 16-plot farm in MoP I planted an aesthetically pleasing selection of seeds and never harvested it again. It just wasn't much fun and it certainly wasn't the fastest way to make gold or to get hold of those resources.

You don't need to "do the mine" or "do the herbs" or whatever unless you actually NEED the resources. Otherwise, just let 'em go. They'll still be there later on if/when you do need them.

The garrison isn't even that big of a chore TBH, like the freemium-games that Garrisons are so gleefully compared to, once you're a ways in (Level 3 buildings, itemlevel 615+ followers, pretty easy to get), work order capacity and mission durations increase so much that you can get by with checking in every fee days (Or once a day if you're fanatical about the 10+ hours long missions), so if you're still complaining about having to check up on it every 2 hours you have hardly tried it...

The profession-complaints i agree with though, professions got hosed this expansion. ~_~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    The garrison isn't even that big of a chore TBH, like the freemium-games [...]
    Well, if you don't mind doing repetitive chores repetitively, garrisons are very rewarding. They are certainly way beyond what "freemium" games provide in terms of reward for time played.

However, as they currently stand, they aren't super compelling gameplay.

Too bad you don't like it. I've found it to be an enjoyable aspect of the game. I also think professions work well along it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Garrisons were so unnecessary that Blizzard had to break other things to make them fit into the game. Like professions.

From the first moment i read about them i knew they would be a worthless feature, WoDs biggest flaw.

They aren't that bad but I really dislike having to jump through so many hoops to get the decent followers

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    That's not an option. I wish people would just stop saying that. Not doing them means you lose out on a significant amount of resources/income, not making use of that is effectively gimping yourself.
    As long as there are alternate ways to accomplish the same things, there is a choice. I'd be interested to see if anyone can name anything that you can ONLY get through your garrison... I cannot think of anything.

" Still you can't just leave it alone and check in once a day or you will miss out on 75% of your mission quota." - that's exactly what I am doing. I am logging ONCE a day to do garrison on every toon. After I geared in heroics, it's time to run LFR, after u run LFR and your ilvl is 630 you can join www.openraid.us it's a website that'd dedicated for players to find teams and raids to kill bosses outside of LFR. In normal and heroic and mythic. Thank God for that website because I was sick and tired spamming for hours trade to find some inexperienced players to do achieves or ot do raids. With openraid I am able to raid whenever I want to without dedicating certain days and I am in my own guild. Nobody can kick me from my guild for not logging for 6 months or if GM doesn't like something I said. I like garrison it's my own wow home. I find plenty of stuff to do. Leveling pets, farming those mounts I am still missing and working on my achievements. I am an achievement whore.