The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How the hell am I supposed to make money now?

I underestimated how much access garrisons gave to raw materials.

I used to mine ore, have my pops transmute bars on his cooldown while I used some to make weapons. When we got the hustle on we always had enough gold for everything we wanted.

The market for raw materials is shit, but crap is still uber expensive.

Got the trading post and was planning to go barn and profession buildings so I could be in more markets and sell stuff, but it seems like gold isn't to be made. Ore prices are a joke

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    ore and herb will never increase, cause ALL toon can have them with garrison, and more with alt.

wanna make money.. forget ore and herb.

Welcome to Engineering 101.. <.< but yes, it would appear the raw mats are sinking in price, least ores and or herbs. compared to enchanting mats and such. but yes..in short welcome to engineering 101, GL trying to make money on something, even if it's a bloody mount because people goes. "meh, don't wanna pay 80k for it."

Use the ore to make things with blacksmithing. I havent seen the 630 blue weapons go for less than 10k on my server and all you need is 100 truesteel. If you're getting a good supply of savage blood the upgraders go for like 50k+. Crafting is where its at not gathering atm since the crafting materials that matter are soulbound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Use the ore to make things with blacksmithing. I havent seen the 630 blue weapons go for less than 10k on my server and all you need is 100 truesteel. If you're getting a good supply of savage blood the upgraders go for like 50k+. Crafting is where its at not gathering atm since the crafting materials that matter are soulbound.
    Crafted items do seem to sell pretty well. Probably less so now that raids have opened though.

Gold is a dumb concept for a hero anyway. I've felled GODS, why do I need to pay you to repair my armor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting. Gear, weapons, trinkets and the upgrades for them are the major gold makers right now. At least, that's how I'm making my gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Welcome to Engineering 101.. <.< but yes, it would appear the raw mats are sinking in price, least ores and or herbs. compared to enchanting mats and such. but yes..in short welcome to engineering 101, GL trying to make money on something, even if it's a bloody mount because people goes. "meh, don't wanna pay 80k for it."
    Enchanting mats except for Epic mats have dropped substantionally as well, I mostly don't even bother to disenchant unless I'm under 100 dusts because they are worthless since they buffed the disenchant rate for dusts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    Crafting. Gear, weapons, trinkets and the upgrades for them are the major gold makers right now. At least, that's how I'm making my gold.
    Only issue there is crafted gear is already going way down in price due to raids. At least in prior xpacs you had other things to gain money after the crafted gear became pointless. This time around we have next to nothing.

I make tons of money from crafting the stat reset items from BS and JS.

You can also sell Savage Blood for a lot of money.

While you cannot make money out of ore and herbs, you can make a whole lot of money out of crafted materials that use ore and herbs as base ingredients. Currently, any epic boe that can be crafted takes quite a lot of time, luck (rng) and materials. And those items go for as low as 50000g.

You missed out on the crafted gear race. I mean, they'll still sell don't get me wrong, but probably not as well anymore. I would say enchantments and the like possibly? Gems, flasks, and the what not?

I mean, last I sold a 640 it still went for like 11k, but I don't know if it's dropped even more.

Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
    While you cannot make money out of ore and herbs, you can make a whole lot of money out of crafted materials that use ore and herbs as base ingredients. Currently, any epic boe that can be crafted takes quite a lot of time, luck (rng) and materials. And those items go for as low as 50000g.
    Uhm, that's very server dependant.
    The basic crafted epics on my server goes for 5-10k.
    The upgrade items go for 20-40k

The first few days they went for a whole lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You missed out on the crafted gear race. I mean, they'll still sell don't get me wrong, but probably not as well anymore. I would say enchantments and the like possibly? Gems, flasks, and the what not?

I mean, last I sold a 640 it still went for like 11k, but I don't know if it's dropped even more.
    Last I checked, 640s were up for 6-8k on my server, and not moving quickly. Not exactly big money.

Enchants are doing pretty well, but the profit margins on the mats are better. That's where I've been making my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Last I checked, 640s were up for 6-8k on my server, and not moving quickly. Not exactly big money.

Enchants are doing pretty well, but the profit margins on the mats are better. That's where I've been making my money.
    Yeah mine was pre-LFR, last weekend. I don't think my 630 gun even sold yet for like 4k.

Now ? There's not much you can do. 2 weeks ago ? Cards ! Cards ! Cards ! Made 100k in 1 week but it's already too late...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is you guys experience with selling Truesteel Essence?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying the savage blood route mostly now as it seems like the only tangible way to make gold. I got my barn to level two after ammassing enough resources via trading post and follower missions only to find out that I won't be able to get it to level 3 for another twenty days. At the rate of mining, my garden, doing the apexis and fishing dailies, I get enough primals for one savage blood every two days.

Given the price of the Blackrock Bulwark (The BIS sheild for prot warriors) and prices for enchants, 1.3k every two days isn't going to cut it.

I thought fishing and making food would be, but fish flesh doesn't really sell. Perhaps if I get a cook to make them into a specific stat food?