Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    It has nothing to do with the immunities etc.

He changes target whenever he kills someone while charging.

This is true whether he kills the person he is targeting or someone else who got in the way.

So if Player X has BoP up and runs over to the flame pillar and Player Y (melee) was trying to dps the boss but got too close, Player Y dies and the boss changes targets.
    Thanks, this should be the solution.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

We 2 shot him on our first kill last week (big deal yehyeh), but this thursday due to berserker rush going disco ball on us it took atleast 8 attempts.

HoP worked fine, but the kiting seemed very bugged. He changes direction when near a tiger cage for example. We had one pull where a guy was running around a cage with priest feathers, Karg stopped, supermanned around the inside line of the cage and wiped out about 4 dps in the middle of the room.

I really hate this fight already. Noone seems to know if its a player death during fixate, mitigation resetting his target or if the player being fixated can out range the rush and reset it. Maybe all of the above? Anyway, an annoying element to a poor encounter.

When we first went into the fight we were all primed to BoP the target but he kept changing targets. We assumed BoP may have been changed to not work so just simplified it and immediately kited him to the fire pillars instead of trying to cheese more crowd favor. In retrospect it was probably just people dieing, but in the end, it wasn't required in the first place.

Deleted
    We also experience this with deterrence, happend once or twice in 10 tries

Our theory for why it was happening has been that it's always been about distance. We've had great luck baiting the boss by putting 4 players who can soak a full berserker rush at max range, and everybody else closer, and it has at least always assured that he picks one of the targets that can soak a rush (hunters, mage, shadow priest), and then once he chooses a target, everybody else moves inwards so they aren't pushed to max range.

I get the feeling that it's a preference for distance, like Thok; he chooses randomly from a set of a few of the farthest people away, but if something is wonky about timing and especially movement, he can choose to refixate to somebody else who is farther away during the rush.

Still not exactly clear, but maybe that will help. We are using deterrence and ice block and BoP however, and it really does seem to be rooted in movement being the culprit. If you're soaking it... don't move. Sit yer ass in that spot and chill.

I'll have to watch and see about the dying refixate though... didn't occur to me that somebody dying from some other random mechanic could cause him to refixate.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2014-12-21 at 10:07 PM.

Sorry to resurrect a probably dead thread, but I see that thing happening for normal/heroic difficulties too.

Now I'm pretty sure he changes his target if somebody died on his way or when his target resets agro, I saw this before.
    But today (heroic kill) we had it without any obvious reasons: the boss starts his cast on a healer, healer doesn't move/reset, noone died, but still as soon as his 1.5 sec pre-cast finished he switches back to the tank, effectively canceling the berserker rush.

Logs analysis and my recorded video confirms it - the healer did nothing to avoid the rush.

Interesting enough, WarcraftLogs Fight Analysis tool ignores the said failed rush.