Do ret and holy share similar top secondary stats?

About to lvl my pally and get him 3 pieces of 640 crafted gear, problem is i havent played pally forever. Does ret and holy share any secondary stats? Like is crit both good for each spec, haste?

Thanks, gonna ask before i buy the gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Would i be ok just buying crit/mastery pieces as i just read in another thread haste isnt too amazing for holy.

Sound good as shared gear?

Mastery is the top stat for Ret, without question. It is very high up for Prot (especially if you run Holy Shield, less so for the other two L100 talents). Can't speak personally for Holy.

Mastery based gear doesn't sound too bad of an idea though.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Ret:
    Strength > Mastery > Multistrike > Crit >= Versatility > Haste

Holy:
    Intellect > Crit > Multistrike > Mastery > Versatility > Haste > Spirit

Multistrike, Mastery and Crit seems like a fairly good deal overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing a retri pala in PvP and I've seen several comments about them being OP. I feel that they're quite strong, but I don't know if I'd say OP. What's your input guys?

Alritey then, ill look for mastery crit and multistrike ideally. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Holy:
    Intellect > Crit > Multistrike > Mastery > Versatility > Haste > Spirit.
    Whoa where on earth did you pull this from? It's way off.

Current stat weights - feel free to check out http://holybouch.com/ if you have doubts.

Int > Crit > Haste > Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility

There is some discussions around whether Mastery / Crit is more worthwhile but how you get multi that high in the order and how on earth you get Verstality above anything is beyond me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Ret:
    Strength > Mastery > Multistrike > Crit >= Versatility > Haste

Holy:
    Intellect > Crit > Multistrike > Mastery > Versatility > Haste > Spirit

Multistrike, Mastery and Crit seems like a fairly good deal overall.
    That holy priority is retarded.
    Intellect > Crit > Haste > Spirit > Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility
    Last edited by ejzo; 2014-12-15 at 02:18 PM.
    ....................................................................................

Eh i just read in another thread (from someone who seemed to know what they were talking about) that haste was near the bottom of the list for holy. Ill take his words over someone with no evidence to the contrary and just says "thats retarded".

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Eh i just read in another thread (from someone who seemed to know what they were talking about) that haste was near the bottom of the list for holy. Ill take his words over someone with no evidence to the contrary and just says "thats retarded".
    Well he may have gone the wrong way about it mate but my post above his links to Bouch's site which backs up what both he and i said (all be it he included spirit). The evidence is there, hope it helps you

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Source? And to be fair, the link to bouch's blog is "evidence" in this case. You on other hand stormed in here with a stat prio from mars, most of us are just curious where it came from and how (which talents, fight type etc) it was calculated.

The ret one is pretty bizarre as well. Haste is a pretty high priority at low gear levels.

Deleted
    Haste is a high priority. Doesn't matter if a simulation or some theoretical math will show haste having worse throughput, the reason haste is so important is because healing is a reactive role. Being able to react quicker is more important than a spell healing a few extra HPs. However, like spirit, this means how much haste you need is individual, you need enough to feel like you have the speed needed, but you don't want more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Mastery is the top stat for Ret, without question. It is very high up for Prot (especially if you run Holy Shield, less so for the other two L100 talents).
    It's the top stat for Prot aswell.

Arguably on par with Crit, now that SoI and Sacred Shield can crit, but I still prefer Mastery myself (playing w/ Seraphim).

Prot :
    Bonus Armor > Mastery >~= Crit > Versatility > Multistrike > Haste

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot:
    BA >>> Mastery >= Crit > Everything else

Ret:
    Mastery = Multistrike > Crit > everything else

Holy:
    Spirit > Crit > Haste > everything else

Ret and prot share gear. Holy is on its own.

If you do your own sims, you'll notice that haste is the 2nd best secondary stat (1st being Mastery) for ret until around 9 to 10% unbuffed. Afterwards it is pretty bad, but Mastery/haste gear is by far the best option for an early ret paladin.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Haste is a high priority. Doesn't matter if a simulation or some theoretical math will show haste having worse throughput, the reason haste is so important is because healing is a reactive role. Being able to react quicker is more important than a spell healing a few extra HPs. However, like spirit, this means how much haste you need is individual, you need enough to feel like you have the speed needed, but you don't want more than that.
    Haste is lowest on the priority list because while it increases throughput it also increases mana consumption at the same rate. Haste is awesome when you do not consider mana at all.

Spirit is the obvious one, stack it as much as possible. Crit, multistrike and mastery follow in that order. Versatility will catch up later in the expansion, same with haste.

All damage in this tier is predictable, there is no need to get haste because "it makes you react faster".

Quote Originally Posted by Ajwon View Post
    Haste is lowest on the priority list because while it increases throughput it also increases mana consumption at the same rate. Haste is awesome when you do not consider mana at all.

Spirit is the obvious one, stack it as much as possible. Crit, multistrike and mastery follow in that order. Versatility will catch up later in the expansion, same with haste.

All damage in this tier is predictable, there is no need to get haste because "it makes you react faster".
    Holy is currently running a HL/HL/HS rotation whenever we can get away with it. While haste technically increases the amount of mana you need to spend, it also provides a throughput gain thereby allowing you to reduce the number of flash of lights needed to stabilise the raid. That said, it certainly doesn't beat spirit and most would agree it is also inferior to crit.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    The ret one is pretty bizarre as well. Haste is a pretty high priority at low gear levels.
    No. Its not