Thread: Ret's condition

Ret's condition

How is ret in the DPs standings?

Without a doubt great.

Ret is slightly above middle of the pack. Buffs to other classes tonight might see this change a little to dead middle. So, good, but not amazing, but also not bad. The nerfs tonight only affect PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Deleted
    Ret is competitive. Some classes have a slight advantage, but you should have no problem keeping up for most fights.

just looking at the simc patchwerk stuff, we're pretty on point with most melee by the mythic gear level, and our tier set is gonna be pretty damn nice as well.

Honestly, I'm having more fun with ret this expansion than any other since TBC, so our places on patchwerk sims don't bother me too much, they will always change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solid average, and thats the way uh huh uh huh, I like it.

(means ducking the nerf bat since people scrutinize the performance of the paladin class like a goddamn deep earth satelitte scan)
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    One of the strongest singletarget specs in the game atm. Arguably the best singletarget melee spec.

Looking at the overall statistics from logs at Warcraftlogs.com It looks like we're actually above average.
    Below are stats for this week from Heroic Highmaul.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6#difficulty=4

Dominant on both pve and PvP fronts

Still not as good as a WW monk but as Blizzard devs that appeared on Final Boss, they launched WoD with Monks taking the place of Warlocks were during MoP.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NickCageFanatic View Post
    Still not as good as a WW monk but as Blizzard devs that appeared on Final Boss, they launched WoD with Monks taking the place of Warlocks were during MoP.
    WW monks got some nerfs few days ago as well.

Retri is pretty good at the moment specially single target.

It's hard for me to say at this point. I have a relatively big ilevel difference between me and the rest of my guild (lucky drops I guess? no boes), so for most fights I can stay ahead of the pack. On Butcher I was a full 1 million damage above the next guy, but it definitely varies.

I would say we are in a good spot right now, as evidenced by the fact that we haven't had any hotfixes at all since wod dropped (AFAIK). Our cleave seems mediocre since it is quite RNG dependent (because it sort of relies on using DP), but our AoE seems pretty good. We aren't top tier like monk or enhance shaman for AoE, but that's OK.

Our utility seems pretty strong despite losing Devotion aura. I end up using LoH, hand of sac and bubble just about every fight and divine protection seems to be really strong especially with the talent to reduce it's cooldown in half.

10/10 in my opinion in comparison to other tiers

Compared to ranged, only hunters and frosts are even able to pass us now... and thats if they are skilled as hell.
    Compared to melee, most of melee is pretty much awsome, but ive only encounters ww who ever passed me... that, and other, better, rets.

Maybe its just my luck getting into groups with bad dpsers, but in any way... incoming nerfs...

Deleted
    Depends. Compared to hunters and mages we lose but to others i think we're better

Deleted
    Ret's strength comes from being very good on almost all fights. There aren't many weaknesses with the spec. Also, the utility is great in mythic (HoP, LoH, Selfless Healer, 2xHand of Sacrifice) and you can cheese tactics with bubble on occasion

Overall it's really good. Fun to play as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    Ret's strength comes from being very good on almost all fights. There aren't many weaknesses with the spec. Also, the utility is great in mythic (HoP, LoH, Selfless Healer, 2xHand of Sacrifice) and you can cheese tactics with bubble on occasion

Overall it's really good. Fun to play as well.
    Our damage seems pretty good all around compared to many others that are amazing in AoE but sub par with single target. Nothing in our rotation is difficult, the AoE CAN spike high based on procs and the single target is slightly above average even without any CDs active (since we only really have 2-3 based on talents but not including ES).

This is pleasing to hear the feedback but I think I'll wait until 6.1 to decide between DK/RET/WAR. My main is a hunter.