Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartex View Post
    Thank you for your input, I can see that you put a lot of time and effort into reading my answer a few posts up (as I'm the mage your speaking about). Also can see a lot of specific information about what exacly is wrong with my dps but I think once you search a bit deeper you'll come up with the things I already pointed out for myself (Intermission Phase, Only fixate to call out as leader, More room for my own personal rotation, Instantly doing most damage on the ogre mages). Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for an an excuse and I certainly don't want to hide myself behind it but from your response I barely got the feeling you read my response earlier. I think I came here asking for advice, the reality check was something I already noticed myself by wiping a few times. A response with constructive feedback would help a lot more.
    My advice to you specifically would be a few things...

1 - If you have raiders that can't be even remotely self-aware (can't switch, avoid obvious things, correctly handle mechanics) then they need to be replaced.
    2 - Delegate some of the calling to other officers, having just 1 person call everything is to stressful.
    3 - Have officers for each roll (ranged, melee, tank, healer) that members can receive advise from if there failing, these players should have good knowledge of every class in there respective roll.
    4 - If you cannot handle your own play while raid leading then simply do not raid lead.... I am one of the callers in my own guild and am still perfectly able to keep up my own rotation.

If you have all this setup and members still fail to be pulling decent numbers/correctly do the tactic then simply warn them... Tell them if they don't pull there finger out, do the research, practice on a dummy/dungeons and get that stuff sorted by next raid they will be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon12dk View Post
    I am the balance druid in these logs, Samplle. Could anyone point out anything I could step up on execpt the DPS? I already know my DPs was quite horrible. but i plan to spend much more time practising for next raid.
    Talent wise, Incarnation would be a better choice. Save 2nd and 3rd CA/Incarn for transitions and go Starfall happy. Also, when the arcane adds pop up just remember that in lunar Starfall is better than Starsurge with 2+ targets and in solar Starfall is better than Starsurge with 3+ targets. Other than that it is a heavy movement fight. Time your nukes, stay out of mechanics.

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last phase my group always starts low on mana to for most healers, we have a healing officer that does the rotations for throughput/defensive cds, the raid leader is more of a general thing in our case, he watches the dps and himself and the other tank, does not worry about 100% everything.

Group dps is usually somewhat low while learning a fight, you should have set people to do the debuff dropping, make sure "Slow" is being dispelled during intermission, make 100% sure you are stacking the void add next to the boss so everyone can cleave both and things like that.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    One of your hunters - Ristex - also 100% tunneled the boss, completely ignoring everything else, never even once switching to do damage to the abberation adds. Hunters should be CRUSHING those adds. I would boot somebody from raid for tunnelling that hard and ignoring the basic fight rules.

He did a whopping 2.5k to the fortified abberation. That is unforgivably bad.
    To piggy back on this; swapping is a Dps gain for the group even of its a Dps loss for an individual. And with the aoe damage this guy pumps out its a hell of a healer mana gain ( or save depending on how you look at it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    My advice to you specifically would be a few things...

1 - If you have raiders that can't be even remotely self-aware (can't switch, avoid obvious things, correctly handle mechanics) then they need to be replaced.
    2 - Delegate some of the calling to other officers, having just 1 person call everything is to stressful.
    3 - Have officers for each roll (ranged, melee, tank, healer) that members can receive advise from if there failing, these players should have good knowledge of every class in there respective roll.
    4 - If you cannot handle your own play while raid leading then simply do not raid lead.... I am one of the callers in my own guild and am still perfectly able to keep up my own rotation.

If you have all this setup and members still fail to be pulling decent numbers/correctly do the tactic then simply warn them... Tell them if they don't pull there finger out, do the research, practice on a dummy/dungeons and get that stuff sorted by next raid they will be replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Last phase my group always starts low on mana to for most healers, we have a healing officer that does the rotations for throughput/defensive cds, the raid leader is more of a general thing in our case, he watches the dps and himself and the other tank, does not worry about 100% everything.

Group dps is usually somewhat low while learning a fight, you should have set people to do the debuff dropping, make sure "Slow" is being dispelled during intermission, make 100% sure you are stacking the void add next to the boss so everyone can cleave both and things like that.
    First of all, thanks for your input, this is exacly what I was looking for. Constructive points (in this case not even dpswise) as feedback also goes for raid leading. It makes me think about what factors I should change leadingwise. It's one of the bigger learning curves for me as well since the transition to 20 man raiding and I'm planning to get a bit more structure in the group compared to 10-man.

I'll assign a few good raiders to be responsible for there group and calling/handling the important mechanics of the fight for there groups while I just focus a bit more on correcting where it's needed. Also made me realise that I should set the general requirements a bit higher instead of still guiding people to the way there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowskyy View Post
    Talent wise, Incarnation would be a better choice. Save 2nd and 3rd CA/Incarn for transitions and go Starfall happy. Also, when the arcane adds pop up just remember that in lunar Starfall is better than Starsurge with 2+ targets and in solar Starfall is better than Starsurge with 3+ targets. Other than that it is a heavy movement fight. Time your nukes, stay out of mechanics.

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck.
    Thank you. I will look into this and practise it. I just heard soul of the forest was better in general. but Ill practise incarnation.
    Because Signatures makes a diffrence.

A lot of people are harping on the dps, but this fight is ultimately about surviving. Its an 18 minute enrage, lol. The only 'dps check' is to make sure you have 2 of the 3 big adds dead when you hit the last phase, and to be able to widdle that last one.

Have your members focus on how to avoid the mines and how the debuff should be handled in each respective phase. The dps will come as people become more familiar with these mechanics, and your healers will love you. Having everyone alive and the healers having above half mana when you enter the final phase is what wins the fight, even if a mage is still up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    A lot of people are harping on the dps, but this fight is ultimately about surviving. Its an 18 minute enrage, lol. The only 'dps check' is to make sure you have 2 of the 3 big adds dead when you hit the last phase, and to be able to widdle that last one.

Have your members focus on how to avoid the mines and how the debuff should be handled in each respective phase. The dps will come as people become more familiar with these mechanics, and your healers will love you. Having everyone alive and the healers having above half mana when you enter the final phase is what wins the fight, even if a mage is still up.
    You do understand that on this fight, if you cannot kill the adds that do unavoidable AoE damage quickly enough, they will inevitably overwhelm even the most geared healers, no? Their current DPS is simply not enough to make the DPS requirements to survive phase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    You do understand that on this fight, if you cannot kill the adds that do unavoidable AoE damage quickly enough, they will inevitably overwhelm even the most geared healers, no? Their current DPS is simply not enough to make the DPS requirements to survive phase 4.
    If they can get to phase 4 that means they're able to push past the phase where the add has more health and takes longer to die. I fail to see why that one specifically would be the issue.

I think many of the issues have been covered. I want to address one issue to the raid leader. I don't mean this in a rude way, but as advice. You say you won't hide behind raid leading giving you bad dos. You admit it's a problem. But admitting it doesn't fix it. I have the same issue, so I know your pain. You need to rethink your priorities. You will hold the guild back with this issue. It's not the worst issue plaguing your raid by a long shot, but it is the hardest to fix.

You need your tanks to call things out. It's very easy to do this as a tank. You need other Dps calling things out. Don't just assign it to someone. The whole raid should be responsible for this.