Deleted

[Warrior] PvP damage issues

Evening!

I rerolled main for WoD and decided to pick up a Warrior. I've never played one besides just levelling one to max, then letting him sit untill a new expansion hit.

I also have 2 kids, which makes me focus on PvP, as I don't have a lot of time for raiding.
    Now, here's the issue:
    My damage output is stupidly low compared to other people (also other Warriors). I mainly play Fury, but I gave it a go as Arms aswell, which worked out a bit better for me.

I'm playing Warrior/Healer and the matches I struggle in is DPS/Healer comps.

What I do:
    I spec Doubletime, Sudden Death, Storm Bolt, Bladestorm, Anger Manangement.
    I glyph Unending Rage, Enraged Speed and Bull Rush.
    I make sure to pool rage, mostly have 2x Raging Blow's ready and be Enraged before dumping in my damage in a Storm Bolt.
    I keep my target slowed at all times.

If I catch him with no shield/hot's on him, I still only manage to damage him WAY to little.
    I feel like, I'm getting outhealed by Earth Shield/Holy Nova/Lifebloom/Holy Shock.

All our games goes deep into dampening before either of us wins.

Now my question is:
    What the hell am I doing wrong? Warriors don't suck in PvP, I know that. I don't suck at PvP (I aint saying I'm awesome).
    So if anyone have some secret to burst down healers, either as Fury or Arms, feel free to enlighten me!
    I got 2x2h and 2x1h whatever works best for the burst.

Oh, and I try to play with a Holy Pala for freedoms, cause I'm sick and tired of getting kited all day long!

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Baenesur solution ?? Play 2xdps that way you win or loose faster. At lest thats how i deal with problem of 2v2. Or stick to RBGs that i love
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

rip I rerolled DK just could not deal with it, 4x gladiator warrior never played dk before currently sitting at 2300

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Baenesur solution ?? Play 2xdps that way you win or loose faster. At lest thats how i deal with problem of 2v2. Or stick to RBGs that i love
    Warriors in 2x DPS? Doesn't sound too good to me really. I usually play 2x DPS as Feral, Rogue or Ret Pala. Warriors just doesn't cut it without a healer imo.

i do pvp arms warrior with ret paladin, reached 1500 rating but i dont know if im gonna climb up moar than that, cause our dps is steel low compared to feral, rogues, hunters, and it´s still really hard to take down a dps healer comb, due to the over powered that heals and absorvtions are and for the "burst" im using the same talents as u but no bladestorm, just avatar, cuz there´s no second chances anymoar.

has anyone tried gladi in pvp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armiger View Post
    ... but no bladestorm, just avatar, cuz there´s no second chances anymoar.
    I just played with a Rogue today and went 6/2. In one game, I managed to pull off 3x Bladestorm, but that's with Anger Management as well.
    We faced 2x DK, and the one DK did the same damage as me ( I got a Reck+BS on both!) but he managed to heal a total of 480k in 30 seconds. Which in my opinion is quite on the high side, when you are capable of dishing out so much damage while healing.

Deleted
    Don't skill into double time. I thought it was better than 12sec charge but since the charge system is set up to only recharge one charge at the time you'll end up a lot less mobile over the course of a fight. Double Charge really isn't good in PvP after all.
    Then I'd not take Sudden Death as Fury, not even in PvP. I haven't played fury in pvp much but I felt that either 25 rage on wild strike or having no CD on BT worked better for me. The advantage is that both of those skills are not RNG based which makes their use very calcuable for you instead of having one attack every now and then that saves you 30 rage. Though I don't think skilling BT to not have a CD is absolutely the best for PvP as the heal is irrelevant (you should be queueing with heal as warrior, regardless of spec, 2v2 for some quick points are the exception) and BT deals laughable damage.
    I consider stormbolt to be the better choice than shockwave when you're very good in your team, I fare much better with shockwave as our team consists mainly of half assed attempts to shout what we're planning on doing. Of course in 2v2 stormbolt is the obvious choice, but you should consider upgrading to 3v3 as they are far less frustrating, there just are more viable combs and fewer direct counter combs.

Glyphwise you can change up a bit if you change your SD talent because you'll be generating more rage or using less and wont be so reliant on 120 rage cap. Try glyph of rallying cry instead, it helps your healer in cleave situations when you heal up a bit yourself.

In the end, despite the nerf, I feel gladiator warrior is still stronger than arms or fury on <2000 rating. I out damage and outsurvive any other warriors I meet in 3v3 arena. However, we just got in about 15 wins trying to gear up our fresh lvl100 disc. still, we won 15/20 with a disc that has an ilvl of 615 while in pvp combat. (gladiator, frostmage, disc with frostmage set to the multistrike glyph, cleave icelance and resonating crystal. if the game takes a while I usually come top dmg of all 6 people because gladiator is not rage limited and can concentrate on other things than rage management)

I usually queue having bladestorm specced and often forget to switch to avatar, which is the better choice for dealing damage. Bladestorm might be powerful in a shockwave ontop of 3 people but considering your 2v2 stormbolt situation, avatar will squeeze the extra killing power out of your recklessness. (macro in racials if you're an orc)
    Last edited by mmocdbbb194638; 2014-12-18 at 01:16 AM.

yep, now i realize that 12 sec charge is better, and about the glyphs i use shatering throw, bull and the 20% leech on raillyng cry, but theres a downside on it, if your damage is absorved u gain no hp, so im thinking about changing it for the die by the sword one. In 2v2s shatering is really usefull, since now paladins think warrior dont have it anymoar and they just stand there casting a big heal, big sorprice when u brake bubble and counter the heal, 100k execute is the next thing they see.

people seem to forget the ridiculous damage output from boomkins.....those guys are bat shit insane...