Thread: [PvP] Top Spec?

Deleted

[PvP] Top Spec?

Hello guys,

I have decided to make a warrior as my main for this expansion which might have been a mistake! (Based on current standings at least).

I have had quite some time out from WoW but decided this expansion to mostly focus on PvP.

I was rolling with Gladiator PvP however since the nerfs over the last week I am curious to know what the go to spec is now?

Arms or Fury? This would be for arenas mostly (not competitive).

Cheers!
    Kieran

Deleted
    I think it's not decided yet. Prot against melee enemies is so much more durable and fury/arms only bring two buffs prot doesn't which is rallying cry and MS effect. Prot has the advantage of not being reliant on rage so damage output is much more consistent than fury or arms.
    You can still pretty much play gladiator and if your combo has MS effect somewhere else, rallying cry isn't the nonplusultra team utility spell. I feel that Prot peels a lot better than fury or arms because of the double slow which is pretty much constant and the frequent small gapclosers from shieldcharge do their part to increase mobility.
    What I'm saying is: don't take gladiator out of the equasion just yet.

The nerf brought the specs closer which isn't saying removing the glyph from pvp was justified, though it was necessary to remove it from being a completely passive part of the damage abilities.

I'd recommend that you just play what is most fun for you for now because Blizzard is far from being done with large changes to specs and they WILL make you regret not having fun but trying to min max around something that can change at a holinkas whim.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the above poster said, all three specs are viable currently for arenas. Arms might work best with a warlock but Gladiator and Fury both are very viable currently. Play what you enjoy most.

Depends what comp you're running.

If you're doing a spread damage comp like Warrior/Lock/Shaman then I think the only answer is Arms, their spread damage is just really high right now with Rend on 3 targets plus Whirlwind being the main filler attack. I can't imagine either of the other specs being worthwhile in a comp like that.

If you're doing a single target comp like TSG or kittycleave I'd probably really consider going Fury, the single target damage is a bit higher, you lose the spread damage but that's not important with cleaves. Arms will still work in a comp like this, and especially if you play TSG and have some passive AoE damage it can make hard swapping and killing in a stun a viable strategy too.

Honestly I see no reason to play Gladiator at this point. It brings an extra defensive that only helps the Warrior and less damage than the other specs. It used to be good because of the dispel and the high damage, with damage nerfed and the dispel removed it doesn't serve much of a purpose in PvP at all.

I play a frost DK in 2s. my partner is a glad warrior. Do you think glad is the best for this combo? We've played around with him as fury but it doesn't seem to work as well. Do you think arms would be worth it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Personally glad is still the best pvp spec we have atm, and that's saying something.
    For 2s glad
    For 3s anything you bloody want tbh, even fury is decent now.

Deleted
    glad is worthless now

out of the 3 warrior dps specs glad is :
    worst defensives (yea.. u dont have def stance)
    worst damage
    worst burst (actually 0 burst)
    worst utility (no ms, no dispell, no group cooldown)
    best mobility (aight glad has this)

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad stance is only good against melee and only in 2s and only if being focused. It's viable but not optimal and it sucks against casters (no defensive stance).

Arms and Fury are both viable, but arms is boring as hell. Honestly i think fury is the best personally, it seems to have the best overall damage, although arms isn't that far behind in pvp, mostly because mortal strike hits like a truck and rend does good damage so it's pretty good for swaps/spread damage.

I'd say look at it like this:

2s - Fury is generally the best, glad if running double dps probably but it depends on your partner's class too.

3s - Arms or fury, depending on comp. Burst comps like TreeSG or WMD you should probably play fury, otherwise go arms.

5s - Arms, unless you're bored then play fury. It doesn't matter much but rending everyone will probably yield a lot better damage overall and put more pressure on their healer(s).

RBGs - Probably Arms.

a bit off topic but.

I know warrior is dubbed as one of the most mobile melee classes but in WoD even with heroic leap (if they aren't running up hill) and 2 charges I have so much trouble catching up and keeping up with pretty much any other class besides a warrior. Atm I'm playing Arms nothing serious just some 2's to get points/bg's but the loss of charge stun has really hurt warrior in my experience, it seems like every spec and their mother has a way to become immune to roots and slows and as such I'll charge someone only to have them immune both my root and hamstring and leave me where they once were. I am being kited so much easier than I ever was in MoP and it just seems what ever I do to try and close some distance anyone I face has an answer for it. The kicker is that the second that I'm rooted my options are to wait it out or trinket since blizzard took away safe guard, they took away my banner so I can't intervene that and arms does not have enrage so glyph for 20% speed while enraged is useless.

So ok warriors are meant to be kited in order to win and I don't mind if it takes me a little bit to eventually catch someone but at this rate I'm also so squishy without old second wind that by the time I get there I'm pretty much toast or If I'm being healed I get to the target and by that time their cd's are back up and they do it all over again.

anyone else feel blizzard went a little over board with reducing warriors utility while leaving other classes with more than enough?

Deleted
    At the moment, all 3 specs go toe to toe i imo.

Go with what you enjoy the most assuming that if you enjoy it more then the others your performance will be better as it.

Warrior is NOT bad, face it. I've been able to pull of 2.4k CR in about 8 hours of 3vs3 Arena, Fury is the best spec atm when it comes to single target, even though arms have the tempting Mortal Strike debuff "10% reduced healing". I'm sticking to fury and hope they don't nerf it, we can outdps Ret palas easly, and if specced/Glyphed correctly we can even OUTHEAL them. Warriors are a underestimated god. If you have more questions etc you can just PM me or follow me on twitch and stay tuned until the 27th, this is when im going to open a Warrior Community Stream, i'll be revealing every trick and tips to help warriors reach the top ladder.

Best Regards
    Krusified

Deleted
    smf or tg fury for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Krusified View Post
    Warrior is NOT bad, face it. I've been able to pull of 2.4k CR in about 8 hours of 3vs3 Arena, Fury is the best spec atm when it comes to single target, even though arms have the tempting Mortal Strike debuff "10% reduced healing"

Best Regards
    Krusified
    Good news wild strike applies the same healing debuff as mortal strike

ive been having alot of success as smf, i actually believe its pretty underrated right now and is flying under the radar

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    worst defensives (yea.. u dont have def stance)
    Glad has the best personal defensive cooldowns of the 3 specs, and against physical, blockable attacks, the best passive defense when not ccd.

SMF with eranged speed glyph is pretty darn fun, being able to actually make use of defensive stance gives it a real big advantage not to mention it puts out very nice damage.

Pretty much all of the top PVP Warriors are playing Fury now, Gladiator is not worth playing without the shield slam glyph really, at least not in Arena. I just started playing my Arms Warrior (separate to my main PVE Warrior) and it also seems pretty competitive to me.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Fury damage is really, really nice. Arms might be better for 3s because of it massive cleave. But it really depends on your comp. I personally like fury more because of that nice singletarget damage. SMF <3

10+ Year Old Account
    According to WorldOfWargraphs, Fury is still lagging behind at 1800+, but is on top for 2200+.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

7+ Year Old Account
    Wonder when they could be bothered to change from level 90 to level 100...