Thread: Demon or Affli

Deleted

Demon or Affli

I played Destro through all of pandaria and i didn't really give the other specs a try.

What would you say are the pro's and cons of both specs? IS affli good for high movement fights

Neither is really Good for high movement I think. Just yeah affliction is a little more forgiving. I'm running destro and affli right now. However I have seen some people going demo but with no real good numbers to show for it.

Demon surpass destro on Tectus and Ko'ragh, in both dps and quality of life, at least from my experience.
    Butcher and Bladefist affliction works very well for me, much better than demo/destro, for heroic. Mythic I heard destro is way better on Bladefist, but not for Butcher.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Affliction seems mind numbingly boring for me so I went Demo, even then blizzards pruning has taken its toll on the fun I have with Demonology this expac.

Demo can have awesome mobility if you spec Cataclysm, since you have all that fury to use on movement and it's likely that you'll generate more than you can use within burst windows. Demonbolt Demo requires a lot of stand still turret gameplay, but does decent single target damage, on the other hand.

Aff has decent burst, but it very dependent on channeling. This is mitigated somewhat by speccing into Demonic Servitude, which also helps on movement fights. Multi target as Aff is greatly changed from the Soul Swap yawn fest, you actually need to pay attention now, which is nice.

Bottom line is both can do good on most fights with playstyle tweaks and different talent setups; if you're not raiding super seriously then play whichever you like.

Deleted
    the specs are within 500dps with proper gearing so just play what you like, as others have said demonic servitude does helps abit on high movement fights

Don't roll Demo if you or your raid aren't comfortable with you having to blow 3 GCDs every 45 seconds to tap for half your life just to have mana to cast.

If you are not life tapping one after another then your shield and/or personal healing covers life tap fine in my opinion. However, yes you need to watch both your HP and MP and be aware of the tactics in order to do it at the best times. We do have higher HP and more mitigation than some other classes for a reason.

So back on topic. Yes all 3 specs seem rather close together on most fights. Each spec seems to have at least one fight where it rules as well. As to what to play try both specs and see which you prefer and/or are best at. I like and play all 3 specs but even now with hours and hours of practice done I personally still struggle with getting really good numbers with Demo.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2014-12-20 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    Firstly, thank you all for your feedback, this seems like the most constructive feedback around compared to some of the posts I've read. So obviously there is some controversy about locks and the way they play at the minute. Now considering i haven't raided with it yet and i'm assuming all of you have. (Also just for some clarification the guild i'm in are a fairly serious raiding guild.) Do you think locks will be given some number tweaks/quality of life changes?