Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    Even this, in my opinion, is open to discussion. Other classes have AOE abilities in their single target priority list, by design. I wouldn't miss RoF in single target though if ember regen is sufficient and RoF is potent for AOE, or Mannoroth's fury is changed to be useful.
    Rain of Fire isn't like Rushing Jade Wind, the only spell I can think of off the top of my head that is used at times in Single Target situations where it was designed for AoE, RoF has a targeting reticle which makes it significantly more annoying to have to use constantly throughout a fight and costs an absurd amount of mana as well (the latter is probably due to the fact that it is meant to be used with FnB).

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    Your attempts to whiteknight in every thread where someone complains about something that is actually legitimate really doesn't help anyone. If you don't realise the issues warlocks are having right now you are just completely ignorant. This buff will just give them an excuse to not change us in other aspects and give them a "reason" to use our strength on cleave to weaken our AoE. Havoc is OP as fuck and the only thing holding it back is the rest of the spec.
    Yeah sorry, you are right... and I'm done. I've been a part of the lock community and a member on these forums years.. and never in that time have I seen the level of crying I've seen the past few weeks. I tried my best to help hold the sky up a bit but I really have no reason to be regarded as the "Ignorant White Night" in a community I value my reputation in...so whatever, I'm out.

I'm not saying people's concerns are completely unjustified, but the mob mentality seems to be spinning out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuii View Post
    That's funny because they tweeted it was an aoe nerf the day they nerfed it.
    You are correct, I was not disputing that part of the change was to address single target. My followup link however includes the portion of the FinalbossTV interview where he specifically talks about another main reason for the change which was to lower Destro AoE because they did not want it shining on ST, Cleave, and AoE encounters. He made mention at that time that they wanted to make Havoc cleave stronger in design.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Yeah sorry, you are right... and I'm done. I've been a part of the lock community and a member on these forums years.. and never in that time have I seen the level of crying I've seen the past few weeks. I tried my best to help hold the sky up a bit but I really have no reason to be regarded as the "Ignorant White Night" in a community I value my reputation in...so whatever, I'm out.

I'm not saying people's concerns are completely unjustified, but the mob mentality seems to be spinning out of control.

FWIW many of us have no problem with people having different opinions. Posting/discussing here sometimes involves ignoring stupidity. Price of admission, but relatively a relatively low one.

Removing rain of fire from single target I can understand, but what about reducing the ember cost or damage modifier of Fire & Brimstone to reign in destro aoe damage instead of just focusing squarely on Rain of Fire?
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    Your attempts to whiteknight in every thread where someone complains about something that is actually legitimate really doesn't help anyone. If you don't realise the issues warlocks are having right now you are just completely ignorant. This buff will just give them an excuse to not change us in other aspects and give them a "reason" to use our strength on cleave to weaken our AoE. Havoc is OP as fuck and the only thing holding it back is the rest of the spec.
    As a guy who is 6/7 mythic, I can tell you that 99.9% of whiners are just awful at this game and their complaining don't really reflect the real state of warlocks. There hasn't been single fight that I felt that I was in bad spot. People just need to learn to play every spec and chance it according to fight. And all of these "omg warlock has no dps during movement", god every damn ranged caster whines about same thing, you know why? Because blizzard wanted to reduce everyones dps during movement. We have passive pet that does 30% of our damage, if we choose to use it. Affliction has its dots rolling, same as demo. Just because you can't cast demon bolt during movement doesn't mean we don't do anything during movement.

Our dps is fine, not on mage level, because mages are op.
    Our dps while moving is also comparable to other casters.
    We don't need buffs.