Barrage question. Is it a DPS loss to not use it off CD?

OK for some reason I really suck with this ability but I always feel like there's something else I should be doing instead of using this, unless I need to cleave. I'm not this way with Glaive Toss at all. Should I shake this habit and be using it off CD, even single target?

10+ Year Old Account
    As MM, I've found its best to prioritise barrage over Aimed Shot below 80% hp (when you have less crit chance), as long as it doesn't delay your chimera shot by using its focus pool or global.
    My priority goes something like;

Kill Shot
    Chimera
    Aimed (above 80% hp)
    Barrage
    Aimed (below 80% hp)
    Steady Shot

-Keeping racial/rapid fire/AMoC/on use trinkets on CD (unless you need to save it for a burst phase)

*Order might have changed with recent nerf on AS and KS tho
    Last edited by ArclightRL; 2014-12-18 at 04:24 AM.

you're not the only one. as SV, I feel like it is a very clunky ability and 60 focus is too much. it is AMOC all over again, except this time it's even worse - it's a channeled spell for 3 seconds so you can't immediately cobra shot right after.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did find it difficult to begin with, you just need to keep your focus pool on the higher end to accomodate a chimera when its coming off cd (as chimera is nearly always up by the end of its cast).

Priority is the same after nerf. Only time you delay Barrage is for Chim, Aimed above 80% and Kill shot. If you're focus cap, Aimed before you Barrage.

what about SV? what if you're using barrage and explosive shot comes up right in the middle of channeling it?

I thought you ignore barrage for single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    what about SV? what if you're using barrage and explosive shot comes up right in the middle of channeling it?
    Watch your cooldowns mate, this is big part of DPS'ing, you need to know beforehand if you'll have enough focus or if Barrage will delay ExS/BA. Sometimes this is hard I know, especially on fight like Imp or during Quake. Still delaying ExS by 1s 2-3 times during a fight isn't dps loss as you'll still have the same ExS count as without delays Doing that 6 times makes you lose 1 ExS etc. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reals88 View Post
    I thought you ignore barrage for single target.
    No you don't, but it's ok to delay if higher prio shot comes off cd soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    In my opinion I would cast explosive and interrupt the barrage unless barrage was actually hitting more than 1 mob.
    I haven't played SV since SoO though and back then it was pretty much Explosive>>>>>>>>>everything else (for priority) lol