Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    100% so tanks are guaranteed 2 pieces of gear per run, one which can gear an alt

Exactly.. tanks. I've never seen them for DPS and very rarely for healers. I suppose it's an incentive to get more tanks to play to shorten queues, but that won't fix that much. 994 DPS, 5 healers and 1 tank in a 1000 player pool (is what it feels like anyway, I know it's not that bad), good luck improving that with a few more tanks :P

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty amazing tbh. I would play my tank constantly to gear up alts. I already enjoy the dungeons this time around compared to MoP, so this is a win/win.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Reica View Post
    Exactly.. tanks. I've never seen them for DPS and very rarely for healers. I suppose it's an incentive to get more tanks to play to shorten queues, but that won't fix that much. 994 DPS, 5 healers and 1 tank in a 1000 player pool (is what it feels like anyway, I know it's not that bad), good luck improving that with a few more tanks :P
    i was planning on doing this with my healer(is it even live yet?) but i havent seen a satchel run yet. and i would imagine that healers get them just as frequently as tanks since every time i queue for a 5 man, its always an instant queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Reica View Post
    Well, the follower weapons and shorter queue times were what made me take my Ret Paladin, change loot spec to get a few Tanking gear pieces like a shield and then hit the Tank Queue. I was really reluctant before having never tanked before and not wanting to ruin someone else's dungeon experience. But I quickly learned and only once had a complaint which was a impatient dps asking me to pull more than I could handle.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Now, if they could make Hunters be tanks, it would be splendid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Well, the follower weapons and shorter queue times were what made me take my Ret Paladin, change loot spec to get a few Tanking gear pieces like a shield and then hit the Tank Queue. I was really reluctant before having never tanked before and not wanting to ruin someone else's dungeon experience. But I quickly learned and only once had a complaint which was a impatient dps asking me to pull more than I could handle.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm always healing when doing randoms (sometimes DPS when in a guild group). Just saying I never see them for healers, even though my queue is pretty much (~10 seconds) instant. I've not gotten a single satchel yet in WoD and I've done my share of randoms

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    can confirm its useful and great change.

did run on my tank, got satchel that had warforged pants with socket that was upgrade for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Satchel of Savage Mysteries now has a guaranteed chance to award a piece of Heroic Dungeon loot (item level 630 rare) appropriate for the character's loot specialization.

100% chance, opened satchel today that had gear/rune/follower upgrade
    Wow, that's pretty neat. Surprised it's a 100% drop.