Rerolling Horde because of character revamps

That's it. Was always reluctant to play Horde but this has come as close as it has ever been.

Reasons. I have what you may call an OCD when it comes to character model visuals and, with the WoD revamp, I have discovered that the only character model I can play as Alliance is male human. Everything else either has glitches such as clipping (so so much clipping) or I just don't like the looks of.

Let's review.

Male human - acceptable, too bad it has a silly running animation. Good as a melee combatant, good as a caster. Can't use bows or he pulls the string right through his chest (this is a common issue for most models), can't use long rifles as he clips his heels though it when running with it on his back.

Female human - acceptable, also an issue with the running animation. Good as a caster, good as a melee dual wield combatant. Can't use 2handers as her upper part of the arm is clipping through the weapon's blade when on her back, has sluggish 2handed attack animations, the 2h weapon's hilt clips through her leg during attacks, slams her face with the weapon when running because the angle of the weapon is too small in relation to the body. Horrible ranged weapon animations that look like a placeholder.

Male night elf - unacceptable. Stupid running animation, stupid posture. Bad as caster due to stupid casting animation aka "the headache of doom" that is unchanged since vanilla. Don't feel like elaborating here anymore. Just take this crap back to the lab, Blizzard.

Female night elf - acceptable. Good as caster, good as dual wield combatant. Bad as 2handed combatant as she slams the weapon's blade into her face, once again because of a too small angle in relation with the body, also bad how the special attack animation often doesn't also involve the jump and the upper body just spins around the waist and legs like a cork screw. Bad as a bow user as she slams her face with the bow's shaft while running with it in hand, also large bows have the issue that the lower part of the shaft clip into her thigh when the string is pulled.

Male draenei - NOPE

Female draenei - unacceptable. Glitch galore. Terrible across the board. Elbows and tail clip through everything, if not one then the other. Horns interact horribly with helmets that also happen to have horns.

Gnomes - NOPE

Dwarves - NOPE

Worgen male and female - unacceptable. Even more glitchy than the draenei, which is expected considering these models were created in Lazyaclysm with a deadline hanging over their heads and too much content to churn out until it hit. The female worgen in particular needs some major revisiting despite of being low on Blizzard's list of model revamps.

Now, after some extensive research with Horde character models, I have discovered that the only models that are unacceptable are tauren (glitch galore) and male troll (NOPE).
    Already decided on a female undead hunter or, maybe, a later recustomisation to male undead or even some blood elf depending on how they look after the revamp. So many damn choices compared to Alliance where it's male human or GTFO, if you have issues with clipping.
    Last edited by Random Word; 2014-12-18 at 10:43 AM.

If they were fine to start with, can you not just uncheck the option "show new character models"?

Edit: Not meaning to be a dick but there is an option for it. Friend was somewhat in the same situation as you, they preferred the old models compared to the new.

might wanna check out what the garrison and warspear look like before making that decision. They've made me lvl an alliance toon so i don't have to look at just them for the next 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    might wanna check out what the garrison and warspear look like before making that decision. They've made me lvl an alliance toon so i don't have to look at just them for the next 2 years.
    This, also personally I cannot stand what they did to my female Undead. She lost her face (skullface), and it's completely different now. I can't even stand to look at her :/
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Breet View Post
    If they were fine to start with, can you not just uncheck the option "show new character models"?

Edit: Not meaning to be a dick but there is an option for it. Friend was somewhat in the same situation as you, they preferred the old models compared to the new.
    It's really this simple, and I can't believe it still needs to be pointed out. If you don't like the new models, turn them off, and you'll never have to look at them again.

Deleted
    It's never acceptable to play as a male human, night elf, or draenei. Everything else is okay, revamp or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    It's really this simple, and I can't believe it still needs to be pointed out. If you don't like the new models, turn them off, and you'll never have to look at them again.
    i thought the same thing but i like the new models for the most part its the animation changes that get me.

I believe since Blizzard made all racials almost the same, 99% people dont care about that, or either have comfortable race to play in both factions.

The human running made me laugh. When the new models came out I mentioned to my boyfriend that he might have to turn them on. He said "mine is already turned on, probably why my character is running like a fruit" also female night elf running animation kills me every time I run anywhere. I am happy when I can mount places instead.

Nice blog.

Anyway, enjoy all that comes with being horde, such as garrison/capitol consisting of huts made of turds and tusks, 80% BG loss ratio and edgy teenage co-players.

Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    80% BG loss ratio.
    Played Alliance since wotlk, I'm thoroughly used to that. At least the Horde always has SOTA and Silvershard Mines.