Question [Resto] Help me perform better please!

Hi Guys,

Silly site won't let me post links! Remove spaces. Apologies guys.

firstly: http://warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZWYzyrnKNmkMdVjA
    Secondly: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntidy/advanced

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, really feel like I'm underperforming.

I change my talents around a lot in an attempt to try and figure out where I'm best placed, but I would ordinarily run EotE, Conductivity, UF or EB depending on if it's a mana fight, and pretty much always HT.

For Glyphs I'm generally Healing Wave, Healing Stream and Purify (the 2 purify charge one) although I change that a bit and might sometimes go riptide and chaining for a split up fight like tectus or Ko'ragh.

Always keeping ES on a tank, try and keep riptide rolling on both tanks permanently (that's about the best I can manage.)
    I'm so conflicted with using Chain Heal, I feel it ooms me so quickly and it's so unpredictable, but it's the only way I can stay up with the throughput.

\how\ should I be using it? Do I riptide myself, UL, cast it on myself if I'm low-ish and hope it hits the targets I need. Should I be RTing the lowest person near me, UL and then CHing them? By the time those 3 GCDs and the chain heal has cast I find that they're topped off anyway. Am I better off just CHing them straight up?

In terms of healing rain, I find it quite difficult placing it, and without conductivity, and trying to keep RT rolling, I find it can often fall off and be down for a good long while before I remember to recast it again. Often times I'm taking conductivity for this reason alone, but then.. I have a talent to keep a puddle down where 80% of the time the raid moved from in the first 12 seconds anyway.

I really don't feel like I can compete with any of the other healers in our raid.

Any tips would be thoroughly appreciated! If you guys need anymore information just tell me what and I'll hit you up. Account password, no worries!
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2014-12-18 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Fixed Links

Deleted
    Just after a quick glance at the logs, it seems you're using healing stream totem way to little. It should be in the top three sources of heals, especially in such a large group.

Look at the log of mythic raiders. HS has way more prominence - healing stream is FREE passive healing - healing tide is HUGE - both seem like something you barely cast.
    I also don't see you using spirit link totem - which is pretty huge.

I don't see you using any of them very much... All would increase your HPS dramatically with little thought except figuring out when your raid is gonna take huge burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Actus View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Silly site won't let me post links! Remove spaces. Apologies guys.

firstly: http://warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZWYzyrnKNmkMdVjA
    Secondly: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntidy/advanced

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, really feel like I'm underperforming.
    I don't think you're underperforming. You were 2nd on butcher, which had the most damage in those logs.

It just looks like you're underperfoming on the rest of the logs since you overheal them with 5 healers and your mastery doesn't have a chance to kick in.

The only encounter there in which I think you really were underperfoming is twin ogron. This is since your guild uses a spread tactic -- we're weak when the raid is spread and there is constant movement, since some of the other classes can just keep moving and cast instants. But there is also a stacked tactic for that encounter, you would be able to heal much better on that encounter had your guild chose to use it.

As for CH, since it's so mana expensive, it's best to use it only when we can be pretty sure that all its jumps won't be wasted. If you find that other healers top the people before your CH finishes casting, don't use it since it'll just drain your mana -- use single target heal instead. Use CH when the raid struggles to survive and there are multiple people below 50% so that it would take good advantage of your mastery.

Except from the HST thing mentioned earlier I think you are doing fine to be honest. You guys are overhealing a lot of bosses making it hard to actually see much from those logs but as the guy above me said you did well on Butcher.

I think if you keep an eye on your HST and use single target heals instead of chainheal for some situations you are on a good path. All this stuff comes when you start to pay attention to it up to a point where you will just do it automatically. Just like producing workers in Starcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    I don't think you're underperforming. You were 2nd on butcher, which had the most damage in those logs.
    Butcher is one of the fights skewed in our favor, but also like Koor said - if you guys aren't wiping then I really wouldn't worry about it.
    Shamans shine in progression or oh shit moments. If things are fairly easy for you guys, you're gonna get shown up pretty consistently by druids with like 0 cool downs (tranquility lol) who spread hots or shield which is essentually brainless.

Also dat overhealing.
    Last edited by Romaromama; 2014-12-18 at 05:13 PM.

Edit: Forgot to say thanks for all the info guys, appreciated!

Hmm. I might need to get myself a big WA button in the center of my screen to yell at me when I'm not using HST, I feel like I'm casting it pretty well off CD but I'm obviously wrong. haha!

As for HTT that's a cooldown that is called by my RL. I only picked up totemic projection on our ko'ragh attempts last night (realised they are logged differently, log is here: warcraftlogs. com/reports/hdrkBFcA2yGLC6M3) so I think I've probably been wasting a lot of HTT by it sitting out in the middle of nowhere because I'm a big dumb idiot.

In a lot of the easy fights I'm staying low on HPS and throughput and high on mana right the way through, in the harder fights (ie our ko'ragh wipes) I'm staying low on mana and hovering around 25-30k HPS throughout for the fight until I just end up as low on mana as I am on morals. I suppose that's the nature of healing... just seems like I could be doing more on the bosses we have on farm.

Deleted
    Hijacking the thread

I re-rolled resto shaman this expansion after playing disc/holy for 6 years. We finished HC last night and starting Mythic on Sunday.
    If you could check my logs and help me improve for Mythic I'll be very grateful
    I'm not 100% confident that I play the spec to the max potential, I'm still very new to it
    logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e&type=healing
    armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nacea/advanced
    Thanks in advance!

Had a good chat with my raid leader this arvo and we hashed some things out, feeling a little better in my raiding position, but I still want to be improving.
    I guess my take home message is: CAST HST MORE, DICKHEAD!

Anything else I need to be looking at? The way I'm prioritising my RT\UL\CH orders or anything would be of significant help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I can see from comparing my logs to yours is that your use of Healing Surge could be used a bit more. It takes a bit of practice with the fights but I tend to pair UL and HS following a riptide for a big heal. Only thing is I notice your mastery is a bit lower then mine. But going along with everyone else keep that HST down on cd. Do that and you will see bigger HPS for sure.