Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    People seem to forget times the healer or tank really is at fault. I've done it all and I can think of countless time a healer just didn't have a clue what they were doing or a tank just didn't understand tank mechanics. I mean, how are you supposed to feel when a tank that doesn't seem to understand your language doesn't understand the tank mechanics on the first fight of the grimrail depot? People get frustrated. Its just as toxic wasting 4 other people's time as it is voicing your frustration, especially since the game does come with an ignore button but the kick system is consistently buggy.

Haven't seen any much rage at all in LFD since WOD came out so either whatever region you play on is very toxic or you're just unlucky.
    But then again I haven't wiped more than a couple of times in heroics since release.

Edit: and the times I have wiped it has usually been the tank who's been clueless on mechanics which has been quickly explained unless he decides to leave the group after the wipe.
    Last edited by Caelia; 2014-12-19 at 09:02 AM.

As a tank myself (Paladin) I rarely blame the healer for wipes. Normally the group is just taking to much damage, by mindlessly standing in shit and mashing buttons. It does however happend that I tell the healer what to do (Spells) and they still dont heal. Like last night, I had a disc priest who wiped us on 3 packs of adds by healing the hunter pet, instead of the group. NO idea what kind of drugs he was on, but he was just baaad. And he got the blame, and the foot.

What bonus items?? Focus Augment Rune?

I agree, it's totally not worth it. Group sucks at cc, tank chain pulls without watching your mana, w/e probably healers fault for wipe. I really do try to keep people up regardless of how inexperienced or lazy they are and I do try to keep my mouth shut.

The other night I'm in a group and top dps is tank at 9-10k dps. Heroic mind you. We wipe due to the 3 of the dps either not knowing mechanics or just ignoring it. The first thing they say is bad healer. When I'm oom because everyone is being hit by everything and it's taking forever to kill the boss. At the point it becomes ridiculous, I offer advice, it gets ignore. I say ok and leave group. Locked myself out of a heroic dungeon I needed for a tavern daily.

Regarding a toxic community, Yeah most people tend to suck. Not in a "bad at the game" sense, but rather in the douchey sense.

I mean not all groups are bad. Maybe 2 out of every 5 or so.. varies.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2014-12-19 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    +1

I hate to see 3 or 4 people from same guild.

Back in early Cata, 4 people from same guild constantly kick dps for fun.
    They have tank and heal. Should they easily find a dps from their own guild or trade?

They abuse the system.
    that was fixed shortly after, if theres 4 from the same server, they cant kick the random guy unless hes afk.
    even if its 3 from the same server, they need 1 more vote to kick some1.

weird, my groups are always full of nice people and every now and then one idiot, that leaves after noone paying him any attention.
    I do like the extra items though
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runkel View Post
    that was fixed shortly after, if theres 4 from the same server, they cant kick the random guy unless hes afk.
    even if its 3 from the same server, they need 1 more vote to kick some1.
    Can second this, we usually run healer+tank+DD for 5 mans, and recently we noticed that we can't kick assholes out of party. Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played my first heroics last night, DPSing as Ret for a few with Prot as my loot spec then queued as a tank. There were no issues from the players in any of them other than not knowing some of the heroic mechanics.

My first one tanking was UBRS. Great...

I simply told the group this was my first time on heroic and my first time tanking it. The healer and one of the DPS gave helpful advice and we one shot all but one boss with only a few deaths. Some of the issues were my positioning, but they were very understanding and I apologized for what I consider a poor performance on my end.

It may be my battlegroup. I play on an RP server not because I RP, but because I figured the players on that group of realms might be a bit more mature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashav View Post
    My first one tanking was UBRS. Great...

I simply told the group this was my first time on heroic and my first time tanking it. The healer and one of the DPS gave helpful advice and we one shot all but one boss with only a few deaths. Some of the issues were my positioning, but they were very understanding and I apologized for what I consider a poor performance on my end.
    Not really related, but today i've met a DK in random normal dungeon group (96 levels) who said exact same thing, that he is first time in this dungeon, and right after finishing this sentence, pulled whole room (it was dock dungeon) and we died. I didn't knew what to do, laugh my ass off, or yell at him, because it was hilarious. "Uhm, guys, first time here, would appreciate tips, thanks" *pulls whole room like it's level 40 dungeon*
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    I've read that Healers and Tanks now get a bonus item when they finish heroic dungeons using the LFG tool. But, it's not worth it!

As a healer, I'm the fault of every wipe. It's not the dps that is too low, or the dpsers can't move out of the fire (and other variations), it's the healer who is not good enough.

Tonight was the last time I healed for a group. I got kicked after the first wipe, because of the dpsers who couldn't move. Sorry Blizzard, but rewarding an item is not good enough to put up with this toxic community. I play to have fun, not to read that the end of the world is my fault, So, I'm speccing dps, and helping the queue lines to get longer.

So dpsers, next time you look at your queu times, think about the Tanks and Healers you put the blame on.
    Sorry you have had bad groups. I play DPS and always take blame if I stand in something and die. I also try to help the healers by using my cool downs to survive if needed or when I know I messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Random players in hard dungeons = wiping = angry players = strangers yelling at each other

And afterwords you have a bunch of angry people venting both in game and out of game. The community took a serious down turn in Cata when they first tried this. Honestly though at this point, the damage to the community was done a long time ago. It isn't like harder dungeons now makes it much worse than it was, I don't think the community can get much worse than it has been for 2 xpacks.

Deleted
    once you accept the fact that every dps is a total scrub who cant target swap, never put their interrupt on their bars, can do more dps than a holy priest and for some reason they attitude to the 3lines in the dungeon journal is TL: DR.....you just kind of develop this zen like attitude and deal with it.

that and the satchels your healer / tank gets means you dont have to sit in hours of queues on your dps charcters.