Deleted

Need assistance other resto druids or ppl with knowledge :-)

Hey and thank you for taking your time to read this. :-)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...olojohn/simple
    My guild and I are about to start doing heroic HM now, and i'm worried my healing won't cut it.
    I'm not able to WoL any boss fights. Some of my epics haven't got the proper stat but due to absolutely nothing dropping, I settled with what I had offered to me.

Hows my stats, obviously enchants aren't fully done, any suggestions ?

I'm been wanting to start doing simcraft, just not sure how it's done. I'm not that good with numbers tho :/
    - if you have a guide for it or just some advices, please link or let me know.

Thanks in advance and a very merry christmas
    Last edited by mmoc2d560c0839; 2014-12-19 at 11:46 AM.

You logged out as Balance, so not much to say. However, if you have spirit items, the rest of your gear is good enough for heroic. Comes down to skill really.

Oh, and you should definitely use the mushroom glyph.
    And why don't you use the 655 staff you got? Definitely better than your current one.
    Last edited by Thalur; 2014-12-19 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    You logged out as Balance, so not much to say. However, if you have spirit items, the rest of your gear is good enough for heroic. Comes down to skill really.

Oh, and you should definitely use the mushroom glyph.
    And why don't you use the 655 staff you got? Definitely better than your current one.
    Changed spec to resto.
    I dont have a 655 ?

Simcraft doesn't seem to be updated for resto yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Justinfanboy View Post
    Changed spec to resto.
    I dont have a 655 ?
    Ah, my bad, that was an agility staff.

So you changed your spec but not your gear, you don't have spirit items for neck, back and rings equipped.

Deleted
    That's on purpose, I was following the icy veins guide that definitely didnt recommend going spirit unless u struggled on mana. I guess that was wrong :/?

You want to get as much spirit as possible. The first thing you can do is buy the legendary ring with spirit, and see how far you get with that.

Spirit is by far our best secondary stat, so try to get as much as possible.

Deleted
    Yeah i forgot to equip that, but what about haste proc and such ? where can i find these numbers
    icy veins seem like a quick guide tbh

- - - Updated - - -

noxxic says int > crit > haste

icy says int > haste > mastery > crit.

its hard to figure out what to go lol

spirit is so far down on the lists :/

-edit bought everburning candle for more mana regen
    Last edited by mmoc2d560c0839; 2014-12-19 at 12:58 PM.

I would advise you to read the new resto guide in this forum: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ussion-(6-0-3)

And Everburning Candle does not give more mana regen than the trinkets you already have (about the same as your spirit trinket; DMC gives about 1.5 times as much). It's a big throughput increase though.

Edit: I have no idea how anyone can say that any secondary would be better than spirit. This is just wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventh View Post
    The thing about spirit is: it's only good as long as you need it.
    We're not in Pandaria any more, you know? In WoD, spirit = throughput, and it does a much better job than any other secondary stat.
    Last edited by Thalur; 2014-12-19 at 01:18 PM.

Hey Justin.

The stat priority I'm going for is as follows: INT > spirit > Haste (to 900) > Mastery > Haste >Multistrike/Crit > Versitility.
    Looking on your armory I would suggest enchanting mastery instead of haste aslong as you're above 900 haste.

In MoP I tried to run as little spirit as possible, however in WoD I feel that it's needed on every piece of gear.
    Even though I'm not going oom on some fights I can go oom on the next.
    The extra throughput you would get from not running with spirit is not worth it in my eyes. Even tries on a certain boss can differ heavily in my mana and it all comes down to player mistakes. If everyone played perfectly I might not need spirit on a certain boss but that rarely happens :P

When healing keep this in mind:
    Have close to 100% uptime on Harmony.
    Try and keep LB up on your tank as much as possible.
    Use as little WGs as possible since they are very good at draining your mana.
    Try and slow heal as much as possible. What I mean by this is that it's ok for someone to be below 70% hp as long as you keep a rejuv on them, no need to cast regrowth/WG unless its about to come heavy aoe dmg that will kill them.
    Only use Mushroom if you can have multiple people standing inside efflo.
    and if you've nothing to do in a fight, cast wrath it's free! yeay

And remember it's not always about winning the HPS meter, what I tend to see is that people that heal to top meters are usally the ones that are causing whipes. You dont need high hps, you need to be mana efficient. The hps will come when the raid needs healing, trying to snipe hps with regrowth/wg spam when its not needed is a total waste.

Hope this helps!
    Merry Christmas

I also wrote that he should pick up all pieces with spirit on it.
    Yes, you wrote that, but you put spirit last in your priority list when it should clearly be first. This is what makes new players get items without spirit and then go out of mana.

In raids in WoD, output and throughput are the same. Burst healing is entirely covered by CDs, and the only question is, can you heal as much over a fight as damage is coming in. For that, spirit is better than all other secondary stats.
    If you never go oom during boss fights without spirit items equipped, you're doing something wrong. Either you have too many healers, or the other healers are carrying you.

Of course I can only speak for heroic and mythic raiding. In LFR it's probably different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he is meaning it as "if you have more spirit you can use more high mana abilities, thus you have more throughput" :P
    You're a towel.

Yeah, I don't disagree with him at all. I can see why many people would skip out on spirit entirely based on that priority list, but I hope he understands where I'm coming from as well. I just didn't like how he made it seem like I think spirit is an inferior stat to mastery and haste, which is definitely not the case.
    With a quick glance thats what it looks like even though its not your intention.

Deleted

That's what i've changed. Thank you so much everyone for helping out. I feel a lot more confident going into HM hc this sunday. I'm down 55k gold, but atleast i'll do a lot better healing. Thank you everyone again!

Merry xmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Justinfanboy View Post

That's what i've changed. Thank you so much everyone for helping out. I feel a lot more confident going into HM hc this sunday. I'm down 55k gold, but atleast i'll do a lot better healing. Thank you everyone again!

Merry xmas!
    Your Spirit is still pretty low. ~1300 is what I would shoot for going into Heroics. You should have Spirit on both your rings, cloak, and neck.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'll want much more spirit until you feel comfortable with the fights and with your other healers, druids have no active regen compared to other healing classes so you'll be relying on your spriit alot more and you'll want to make good use out of your clearcasting procs (So high lifelboom uptime is going to help you there).

Don't feel asthough you need to start healing everyone who drops to 90% health, you'll just end up wasting mana that way, you have to play a little smarter with who you decide to heal/when you decide to heal them and what spell you use. Ultimately you'll figure this out for yourself eventually, but theres are a few guides out there (some in this forum also, the 5.4 guide that's stickied is still somewhat relevant) that can help you.

There are two stat priority "lists" right now. They are:

Int > Haste > Mastery > MS/Crit (with MS being slightly better) > Spirit
    Int > Mastery > Haste > MS/Crit (with MS being slightly better) > Spirit
    This is the epitome of what is called a "misleading" post if not flat out wrong. As discussed, you might have put in the "fine print" that "maybe Spirit is better if you don't have gear" but realistically we are talking a newer player asking for his stat priority. You don't give a wrong stat priority and then preface it with, "oh, by the way, don't listen to this priority" later on.

Not to mention your priority list isn't realistic anyway. There is, more or less, no reachable gear level in Highmaul where you will actually want to drop Spirit for any secondary stats.

That said, your base priority list should be:

Intellect = Spirit > Haste = Mastery > Multistrike > Critical Strike > Versatility

First I put Intellect = Spirit, but realistically there is little to no trade-off between the two except for Trinkets, which honestly follow their own priority list (you need to consider the effects on trinkets, not just the stats as an average). You may want to keep a lower item level Spirit neck/ring/cloak over a slightly higher item level one without Spirit (and you should not be rolling against your DPS on the latter anyway, this is only if you coin).

Versatility is not "bad" per se, it is very rarely worth giving up a higher item level piece (more intellect, your top stat) just for "better itemized secondary stats" - but it is your weakest throughput stat of the lot. Critical Strike is really low value for druids, due to its poor scaling and the fact that Regrowth, your main direct heal (that can trigger Living Seed) already comes with a ton of it - even if unglyphed (if glyphed, there is zero crit scaling).

Haste versus Mastery is up for debate, Haste is more throughput and HPM from HoTs and square scaling if you assume an unsustainable "HoT spam" rotation. Mastery is more HPM on direct healing, and also more HPS though less HPS (assuming spam rotation) than Haste. Mastery also increases the healing from Tranquility while Haste does not, it just lowers the channel duration.

Many are choosing to "compromise" at 900 Haste first (it's a little less, particularly if you get the 1% Haste as Night Elf, which "should" be the case for all evening guilds in the US) followed by Mastery, since that gives you a WG breakpoint and is a very comfortable Haste level.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2014-12-20 at 07:44 AM.