Deleted

Blood DK Stat priority

From some of the theorycrafting websites the stat priority changes slightly depending which one you are looking at and i just wanted to get some thoguhts on which one is actually the best to choose.

Icy Veins: Bonus Armor > Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Haste > Critical Strike.

Noxxic: Bonus Armor > Multistrike >= Haste > Versatility > Mastery >= Critical strike

My opinion: Bonus Armor > Multistrike >= Mastery > Versatility > Haste > Critical strike

The reason for having multistrike below BA (Bonus armor) is because Due to the change in death strike's heal it does not change dependant on damage taken in x period of time. meaning that it only gives a static heal. (Excluding Resolve). by tkaing multistrike this will allow you to be able to gain extra healing on average with death Strike's which counters all damage types (Excluding healing reduction abilities).

The reason for not taking mastery is because it gives a physical damage absorb %. This admitibly is very nice allowing the dk to minimise the spike damage he is receiving from incoming attacks BUT it is only relevent to physical damage.

In return i feel that having a higher chance for multiple heals from a ms proc on DS over a full boss fight would be more beneficial then having mastery as a top prio stat. But this does mean that there is a little more spike damage compared to a full mastery DK.. but if the DS are used at the right time and the healers are aware of this then the outcome should still be more beneficial.

Currently i am tanking with a bear who has 10ilvl's on me (540odd - 550odd) According to recount during the average boss fight i am still within 2% of damage taken but my self healing with this stat priority is 3/4 x higher (I know i am a dk).. i.e Bear = 3k Hps DK = 9 to 15k hps)

Even though i think priotising ms over mastery i still believe mastery is very important and thats why i feel it isn't far behind ms in importance.

PS sorry if i haven't explained my point of view very well..

If you have any suggestions why my theory is wrong then please let me know and i will change my personal stat priorty. thanks people

Deleted
    Well im interested about Frost stats too. There is lot of webs that are tellin' you something different. Is there somebody who actually know what's best ?

If you have any suggestions why my theory is wrong then please let me know and i will change my personal stat priorty. thanks people
    Multistrike does not work with Death Strike heals.

You're over complicating the process. Icy Veins nailed it on the head. Tanks highest responsibility is to survive therefore you need to prioritize your survivability (mastery) over you damage (multistrike).
    Last edited by tkbaby13; 2014-12-22 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tkbaby13 View Post

You're over complicating the process. Icy Veins nailed it on the head. Tanks highest responsibility is to survive therefore you need to prioritize your survivability (mastery) over you damage (multistrike).
    This so much and please don't ever use Noxxic as a source unless you are ridiculing it.

This is so wrong it's not even funny. Yes, Mastery gives more survivability than multistrike, but that's not to say multistrtike doesn't give any survivability. The extra resource generation is not insignificant.

Tank DPS isn't insignificant. If you can stay alive and do more damage, you're failing at your role by not taking advantage of that.

Deleted

I wouldn't really say i've made it complicated at all..

And multistrike isn't really a only DPS stat.. Multistrike allows me to be ableto gain an increase in healing from my DS... si where i am taking more damage from a slight loss % in my shield i'm also gaining extra healing done from the procc's.. Which in return i also gain dps at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aughyssul View Post
    This is so wrong it's not even funny. Yes, Mastery gives more survivability than multistrike, but that's not to say multistrtike doesn't give any survivability. The extra resource generation is not insignificant.

Tank DPS isn't insignificant. If you can stay alive and do more damage, you're failing at your role by not taking advantage of that.
    You're basically saying the same thing. Tkbaby said "Tanks highest responsibility is to survive". You're saying "If you can stay alive, it's good to work on dmg stats". In no way did tkbaby say survivability is your only responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyKat View Post
    You're basically saying the same thing. Tkbaby said "Tanks highest responsibility is to survive". You're saying "If you can stay alive, it's good to work on dmg stats". In no way did tkbaby say survivability is your only responsibility.
    Prioritizing Mastery over Multistrike is very often wrong. As I said, you get a tangible survivability benefit from MS, and going for full Mastery seriously hurts DPS

Deleted
    Strength 1.00
    BonusArmor 0.95
    Stamina 0.80
    Armor 0.70
    Mastery 0.64
    Multistrike 0.60
    Haste 0.50
    Versatility 0.45
    CriticalStrike 0.40
    AttackPower 0.20
    MainHandDps 0.20
    MovementSpeed 0.15
    Avoidance 0.10
    Leech 0.05

According to Ask.mrrobot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l1ll3man View Post
    Strength 1.00
    BonusArmor 0.95
    Stamina 0.80
    Armor 0.70
    Mastery 0.64
    Multistrike 0.60
    Haste 0.50
    Versatility 0.45
    CriticalStrike 0.40
    AttackPower 0.20
    MainHandDps 0.20
    MovementSpeed 0.15
    Avoidance 0.10
    Leech 0.05

According to Ask.mrrobot
    So basically there isn't much in it between mastery and Multistrike?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l1ll3man View Post
    Strength 1.00
    BonusArmor 0.95
    Stamina 0.80
    Armor 0.70
    Mastery 0.64
    Multistrike 0.60
    Haste 0.50
    Versatility 0.45
    CriticalStrike 0.40
    AttackPower 0.20
    MainHandDps 0.20
    MovementSpeed 0.15
    Avoidance 0.10
    Leech 0.05

According to Ask.mrrobot
    That's great and all as a general guide, but pretty sure most people here know of that site....

I think it really comes down to playstyle, because at the end of the day one thing alone matters, did the boss die? Did you? If the answers are yes and no respectively, you did your job as a tank.

Now of course it can be optimized etc etc.... But it's a game, and for example me personally, I go with multi over mastery, for the simple reason that mastery is physical dmg only and well.... I enjoy the RP gains multistrike gives me, makes for a far more fluid rotation, atleast for me, it allows me to not be to obsessed about where my RP is at, and thus being more able to focus at the fight at hand :P

In short, multi and mastery are so close together IMO that I try to keep them as equal as possible :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    That's great and all as a general guide, but pretty sure most people here know of that site....

I think it really comes down to playstyle, because at the end of the day one thing alone matters, did the boss die? Did you? If the answers are yes and no respectively, you did your job as a tank.

Now of course it can be optimized etc etc.... But it's a game, and for example me personally, I go with multi over mastery, for the simple reason that mastery is physical dmg only and well.... I enjoy the RP gains multistrike gives me, makes for a far more fluid rotation, atleast for me, it allows me to not be to obsessed about where my RP is at, and thus being more able to focus at the fight at hand :P

In short, multi and mastery are so close together IMO that I try to keep them as equal as possible :P
    Thanks for your input dude but please dont take offence when i say this but.. I am trying to find the most optimal. I wouldn't be asking about it if i didn't really care.. Progression is the reason i raid and the best way to make progression it to play the best the class allows..

Quote Originally Posted by Qubiik View Post
    Thanks for your input dude but please dont take offence when i say this but.. I am trying to find the most optimal. I wouldn't be asking about it if i didn't really care.. Progression is the reason i raid and the best way to make progression it to play the best the class allows..
    then stack mastery
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

You should take a look at:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...LDR-Version%29
    Is the answer there:
    Strength = Bonus Armour* > Mastery = Multistrike* > Haste > Versatility > Crit
    He also explains it more in the more thorough part. Different stat prios too, so you should really go in there and take a look at it.
    Is a lot of stuff in there, and it's worth the full read.
    Last edited by Terridon; 2014-12-22 at 08:51 AM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Qubiik View Post
    I wouldn't really say i've made it complicated at all..

And multistrike isn't really a only DPS stat.. Multistrike allows me to be ableto gain an increase in healing from my DS... si where i am taking more damage from a slight loss % in my shield i'm also gaining extra healing done from the procc's.. Which in return i also gain dps at the same time.
    Obviously I must be talking to a wall. What part of the big bold "Multistrike does NOT proc additional Death Strike heals." didn't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Aughyssul View Post

Thanks for repeating what I said but telling me I am wrong.
    Last edited by tkbaby13; 2014-12-22 at 10:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multistrike's bonus strike applies only to white dmg, im sure. And not the heal effect on DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Terror85 View Post
    Multistrike's bonus strike applies only to white dmg, im sure. And not the heal effect on DS.
    Maybe telling him three times is the charm.

Deleted
    Obviously I must be talking to a wall. What part of the big bold "Multistrike does NOT proc additional Death Strike heals." didn't you understand?

Thanks for repeating what I said but telling me I am wrong.
    Sorry i must of missed your reply as i didn't see what you said.

But since i have taken a second look into it i can confirm you are right which i think is abit annoying. that if you mouse over multistrikes it mentions damage and healing abilities but didn't specifiy damage and healing ONLY abilities.

well that pretty much sums up mastery being the top stat below the obvious so thank you guys.