DOTs not benefiting from the fire debuff on the bloodmaws (Mythic Kargath)?

Hi, we did some trys on M Kargath tonight, and my damages were noticeably low on the cats (i'm specced affliction btw); on some pulls my terrorgard actually did more to them than me. After checking the logs and doing some napkin maths, I found out that the damage taken debuff on them wasn't applied to my dots, can someone confirm this?

Here are the logs for tonight btw (Warlack): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/x1yMr3ZHXjDWzQbJ#
    Last edited by Dragosh; 2014-12-21 at 11:47 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same for me tonight on my first mythic kill, I had full uptime on dots/sb:haunt talent and my damage was shit. I thought I was doing good pussy damage till I looked at loga. Our destroy lock rekt the add though.

It's worse than you think. Not only are your DoTs not getting the 50% benefit, but they don't tick AT ALL when the cats have the Inflamed debuff. I noticed this same thing on my affliction lock last night.

Take a look at this view of your logs on the cat. Mine showed the same thing (still can't post links):
    warcraftlogs[dot]com/reports/x1yMr3ZHXjDWzQbJ#type=damage-done&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%241%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2479296.0.0.NPC%24false%24163130&source=4&fight= 15&target=69&view=events

I died early during the try you linked (I fell in the pit... yeah i know, stupid mistake...), so that might explain the low uptime. I'll check on the other pulls tho

Edit : Ok, I looked at the event view and i get what you meant... wth blizzard...

I would definitely like some input from more experienced afflocks about this problem, in case I missed something.
    Last edited by Dragosh; 2014-12-22 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw a friend of mine get crapped on b/c he could not multi-dot the adds. He was a moonkin. So, I think this may affect ALL classes.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Wow well that explains my absolute shit damage on cats as affliction. My terrorguard was doing more cat damage than I was when I was full time on cats.

Anyone playing Demo for mythic Kargath? I tried for a few attempts but I found there was too much movement to reliably dump Demonbolt unless I popped Sac Pact and ate some avoidable damage.

edit: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1721&wipes=1

edit: On later attempts I tried refreshing DoTs as soon as the cats got the fire debuff in case it was some snapshotting bug but I cant tell if it worked; I'm not very good at reading logs.
    Last edited by lolapus; 2014-12-23 at 02:32 AM.

Maybe you could try using KJC and macroing it to DS since you already have the glyph. But that may be a very dumb advice, I think you should ask about this on the demo thread. Plus, lets not derail too much from the original subject

It's worse than you think. Not only are your DoTs not getting the 50% benefit, but they don't tick AT ALL when the cats have the Inflamed debuff. I noticed this same thing on my affliction lock last night.
    Not sure what you guys are talking about? I just checked my guilds logs from our kill this week and my dots as affliction ticked even during fire and were benefiting from the damage buff from the crowd favor.

Maybe it's something they broke by mistake, like the darkmoon trinket? When did you kill him?
    Also, we're talking about the 50% damage increase from the Inflammed debuff (when you kite the kittens into a fire pillar).

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I just checked my guilds logs from our kill this week and my dots as affliction ticked even during fire and were benefiting from the damage buff from the crowd favor.
    Could you share these logs? I've been discussing this with some other locks as well, and not only do we not see affliction DoTs ticking during the Inflamed debuff on the cats, but we see DoTs for many other specs not ticking as well (Flame Shock, Boomkin & Spriest DoTs, etc)

Not yet sure if this is solely a combat log bug or a Warcraft Logs issue or if we straight up don't do any dot tick damage to the Ravenous Bloodmaw(cats) while they are afflicted with the Inflamed debuff from running into flame pillars. I checked my guild's crummy parses of destro/affliction from the last two weeks and saw zero dot ticks from corruption, agony, unstable affliction, and immolate while the cat is on fire. By browsing top parses it was relatively easy to confirm the results that warcraft logs wasn't tracking dot tick damage while ravenous bloodmaw's were inflamed.

Here are the steps I used reproduce the findings for those inclined:
    1. Select random top ranked mythic parse on kargath or view a personal log at warcraftlogs.com
    2. Briefly switch the source to enemies, then select Ravenous Bloodmaw.
    3. Go to debuffs and then hit the plus sign on the far right of the inflamed debuff
    4. Switch the source back to friendlies, then select Ravenous Bloodmaw as the enemy.
    5. For simplicity, select an individual (a warlock in this case) player then events view.

Wa-la, scroll down and see only direct damage abilities affecting the cat while on fire.
    Last edited by bshawp; 2014-12-23 at 08:27 PM.

The dots multistrikes do show up tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragosh View Post
    The dots multistrikes do show up tho...
    You don't understand what you are looking for/at. You need to look at the event time span from when the cat is on fire (afflicted by inflame) to when the cat is not on fire (inflame falls off). Not only are dot ticks not doing bonus damage, the events don't exist. They don't do any damage!

Direct damage components of dot spells (such as the initial application of immolate) or direct damage spells work fine.

To illustrate the point:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...et=69&fight=13

http://i.imgur.com/koTve9O.png

Note that while the cat is on fire, only your haunt and doomguard are doing damage to the cat.

I do understand what's happening, don't worry That was just to underline the fact that the dots are on the target and are ticking, but don't do any damage on their own. Multistrikes are direct damage, so they show up on the log

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm that your dot ticks don't do damage while the cats are inflamed.

But hey, you can just ignore them completely and kill the boss; you don't actually have to kill the cats at all.

Sure, but it makes the fight easier. Also, it's better if blizzard can fix this kind of bug now before it happens elsewhere.

Btw, could someone tweet the devs about this ?