Deleted

Ground mounts faster in downhill, slower in uphill

I'm the same guy that asked your opinion about the improved wing-flapping thing. It resulted almost everyone liked it but found it useless in the game.

A similar question regarding ground mounts:

speed depending to the inclination of the ground

I don't know exactly what's the % inclination at which you fall, but my point was to give an exact directly proportional % increase or decrease of speed over the % inclination.

It's like:

20% downhill = 80% speed
    0% (plain) = 100% speed
    20% uphill = 120% speed
    and so on...

up to a maximum values before the falling/collision

It would be an interesting feature for pvp, people would have to consider better the pathing to flee/reach an area faster.
    (and what about also the same feature for non-mounted running?)

This would require a lot of engineering work, something you wouldn't see until another expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    I'm the same guy that asked your opinion about the improved wing-flapping thing. It resulted almost everyone liked it but found it useless in the game.

A similar question regarding ground mounts:

speed depending to the inclination of the ground

I don't know exactly what's the % inclination at which you fall, but my point was to give an exact directly proportional % increase or decrease of speed over the % inclination.

It's like:

20% downhill = 80% speed
    0% (plain) = 100% speed
    20% uphill = 120% speed
    and so on...

up to a maximum values before the falling/collision

It would be an interesting feature for pvp, people would have to consider better the pathing to flee/reach an area faster.
    (and what about also the same feature for non-mounted running?)
    No. And you have uphill/downhill switched on your numbers.

This will never get implemented in WoW. It would create very interesting gameplay in PvP though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    20% downhill = 80% speed
    0% (plain) = 100% speed
    20% uphill = 120% speed
    and so on...
    Lol what?

/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

I think it would be cool if paths/roads would give a 5 or 10% increase or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    This will never get implemented in WoW. It would create very interesting gameplay in PvP though.
    Buff...debuff zones.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

what the guy said you slightly messed up typing

but if you wanted this to work, youd have to go one step further and include weight,

this would weight from items, to character race,

for example a tauren going down hill would be faster than a blood elf, more weight = more speed down hill

it'd be a nice idea but too much work to implement for the little immersion boost I suspect

Deleted
    Petrol consumable for choppers with their own economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linblum View Post
    Petrol consumable for choppers with their own economy.
    Costs real money too buy .
    Goes at 1000 speed for 5 min.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Alright, while the flying mount thing might of been cool because it's a visual thing (Unless I'm forgetting something and you wanted them to go slower too), this is just a no please. I mean, what else would you want, while going down the hill faster there's a chance your mount can trip up, fall over and instantly kill you by tumbling over you?

I imagine this would be too much work to implement for something that adds basically nothing to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    I imagine this would be too much work to implement for something that adds basically nothing to the game.
    Yep, it would also cause more issues with battleground balance
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I am the same guys that said that this is probably one of the most useless ideas in an endless sea of incredibly shitty ideas that I have ever seen some random forum poster throwing around. ANd I keep my words.

Go back to Skyrim, you hippie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    This would require a lot of engineering work, something you wouldn't see until another expansion.
    How do you know that? Calculation of inclination is trivial and you need it for even basic physics implementations.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2014-12-22 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    How do you know that? Calculation of inclination is trivial and you need it for even basic physics implementations.
    This would add a ton of additional computing to the game. The ground is rarely a straight line, so it would have to calculate angle and calculate speed every single step, which would just add unnecessary stress to computers.