Deleted

Explosive Trap Knockback

What's the deal here?

I noticed that often it's not working at all, and I'm pretty confident that it's not due to some kind of knockback immunities some classes have, DKs for example. I think it fails to work when I'm using it the second time on the same target, maybe also on a fresh target.

- Is there some hidden internal knockback CD or some knockback DR in PvP?
    - Is that internal knockback CD connected to the trap itself, or to the affected target?

As survival hunter the trap CD is 12 sec, so I can use it pretty often.
    Just tested it in PvE: I can knock away the same mob every 12 sec. as often as I want, works every time.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2014-12-22 at 02:15 PM.

I've been having a TON of fun with glyphed Explosive Trap in EOTS and AB... What I've found is that it may have something to do with other CC effects. If I use my Freezing Trap and then try to knock them back with Explosive Trap, the trap will go off but they won't move. I've noticed a few times if a Rogue has someone kidney shotted, that my knockback won't work as well. Seems like it may either be immune during different kinds of CC or that there's something else going on.

On a separate but related note... our knockback is incredibly strong. No dumb positional requirements like druids or shamans, and can do it while in camo / glyphed camo. I'm loving it right now.

Deleted
    Knockback works with freezing trap, this was exactly the situation I had before in Twin Peaks.

- I trapped a priest in a 1on1 situation and knocked him, he didn't fall off the cliff
    - I trapped him again in a better spot, but knockback didn't work this time (maybe 13-15 sec. later)

This is just an example, one out of many. I will test more in BGs.

Though you're probably right that there are effects (CCs) that prevent knockback, maybe roots or stuns or something, but freezing trap doesn't prevent knockback. In fact it is a good strategy to fixate your target and place the explosive trap at the right spot, without having to worry about target movement.

I think it's either is a bug, or more probable, some internal CD or some "nerf".

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    IIRC knockbacks have a 15 second full immunity DR. I know the full immunity part is true, but don't quote me on the number.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I've seen it not knock back sometimes, but works fine other times. I just assumed it had to do with something affecting the intended target at that moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an Ele Sham I've noticed similar instances with my Thunderstorm. I actually only ever really notice it against two specific classes: DK's and Rogues. If I do it too early after a rogue has opened up on me, it never knocks them back. DK seems random.

Deleted
    DKs have this here:

Otherwise it must be some internal CD or immunity on the second atempt or something like that, I just don't know the exact conditions and timers.