Scabbard of Kyanos usage questions

I finally picked up this trinket up after scouring the AH for a week or so and want to make sure I get the most out of it. Is it generally best to use it on cooldown regardless of whether or not your other cooldowns or up or is it better to save it and match it up with a bloodbath? I'd imagine it's good to save it if you have an execute phase coming up, but how about for general usage? If anyone has done some testing the info would be appreciated, thanks.

Deleted
    I try to line it up with either

a) minor CDs like bladestorm, bloodbath, dragon roar etc

b) execute phase with big CDs and pots

if nothing is lining up for a while, i just use it on CD

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    I try to line it up with either

a) minor CDs like bladestorm, bloodbath, dragon roar etc

b) execute phase with big CDs and pots

if nothing is lining up for a while, i just use it on CD
    Well the most common occurrence is going to be after the initial burst when bloodbath pops again and the scabbard still has 30 seconds left. If you use bb and the scabbard on cooldown every third bloodbath will line up with the scabbard, so you'll get partial overlap while still being able to use everything on cooldown. I imagine this is the best way to do it unless there's an execute phase less than a minute away, but I wanted to see what others have been doing.

Deleted
    You should also remember that on that third bloodbath you would also usually have recklessness back (unless ur prot) and all those 3 together provide a nice lil boost to dps.

Deleted
    The trick is to line up with as many cds as possible all the while not losing another use due to delaying it. Stacking it is with other cds is great but not if you're going to lose an entire duration of it due to stacking.

So delaying it more than 1min 30 secs in total means you could've used it one more time and therefore lost dps, or you delayed it a little bit and noticed it was 10 seconds to be off cd when the boss died, again you lost potential dps out of it.

In the end it really depends on the fight, this is just like a guideline so to speak.

I´ve been thinking of buying this trinket if it appears for an interesting price (going for 55k on my server atm).
    Bit envious about the INT and AGI versions that has crit on it and a very decent amount of their mainstat on use.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    I´ve been thinking of buying this trinket if it appears for an interesting price (going for 55k on my server atm).
    Bit envious about the INT and AGI versions that has crit on it and a very decent amount of their mainstat on use.
    Scabbard is arguably better than both int and agi versions so its ok.

Got mine for 25k yesterday...pinch myself, I'm dreaming....

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought mine for 46k just. I've never seen it this low on my realm, for the past couple of weeks I've seen it go for 80-100k so I thought this would be a nice boost to my dps.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Scabbard is arguably better than both int and agi versions so its ok.
    Aggnog

Scabbard is best used on the pull, but you shouldn't let it be off CD for too long. I usually try to line it up with BS/BB, and on most fights that's enough.
    <Progress> - Firemaw EU

When you delay it it's only going to hurt you if you miss an entire use because of it. Look at fights before going in and plan where you want to use your cd's based on your guild's kill times.

My biggest question about this trinket is how im supposed to get one when they go for 80k.

be thankful your not on Kel'thuzad where its going for 150k