What spec should I be at different ilvls?

I know fire is more viable the higher crit you get. So is low level gear ideal running frost and then at higher levels fire is better? Or is Arcane the spec to be? What are the numbers mage's should be switching specs at?

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost is generally the best all around dps. Due to the removal of reforging, you should just go with whatever you want and aim strictly for gear for that spec. Otherwise if you just get to a higher ilevel and have a bunch of MS gear, going Fire will be awful for yourself. And if you are a serious raider, Frost will probably be the best bet overall.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Really?! Even with all the changes to arcane and fire in the recent patches?

Get 4 piece, go full mastery, and enjoy arcane/fire

Quote Originally Posted by Kagon View Post
    Get 4 piece, go full mastery, and enjoy arcane/fire
    Yes, the 4 set that isn't in the game for another month.

Yep, but he asked when. You will be frost until you get 4 piece and get more mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Haygurlhay View Post
    I know fire is more viable the higher crit you get. So is low level gear ideal running frost and then at higher levels fire is better? Or is Arcane the spec to be? What are the numbers mage's should be switching specs at?
    Unfortunately it looks like secondaries may to an extent limit what spec we play (single target), frost and arcane are going to perform very well throughout the tier, fire will be low early on unless you can get the correct secondaries, even then it may only just compete.

Fire however is amazing on 2+ targets, I am switching between arcane and fire (fire for M Tectus + twins, could do bracken too but lazy and play arcane).