10+ Year Old Account

Satchel of Savage Mysteries disappearing?

So I've noticed this.... pretty much every time I go to tank.

I open the Dungeon and Raid interface, click Dungeon Finder... Oh look, tanks have a satchel to win!

Here's the problem.

If I turn off DPS (both are selected), or if I click the dungeon type, to make sure its set to Random Heroic... The Satchel reward disappears. I am no longer eligible for it.

Is this a bug, or is it just conveniently ending between the time I click Dungeon Finder, and the 5 seconds later when I click Dungeon Type?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I don't know if its a bug, but it happens to me all the time, and its super annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Is this a bug, or is it just conveniently ending between the time I click Dungeon Finder, and the 5 seconds later when I click Dungeon Type?
    I believe it is the latter. As annoying it is to que up and find out you won't get it as a reward after all, between the time you open/"update" the dungeon window and queing for random heroics, the game had decided that there were enough tanks to not need to reward the satchel. We just usually never notice this until it's too late.

I see this a lot too but assume its simply because enough tanks saw the satchel and queued up. Then it is no longer active by the time I click the button, or the dungeon pops, which can be within seconds. It means I end up refusing the dungeon queue and then keep trying to requeue within that tiny window until one pops when the satchel is there (sorry DPS).

15+ Year Old Account
    In my experience it seems to be a bug, as I can typically fix it by simply re-opening the random type and selecting Random Heroic again.