Deleted

Best RBG tank atm?

Hi, guys

Can you please summarize the good/bad of the different tank specs in PVP atm? Playing a FC is something I've been considering lately, but not quite up to date with the current meta.

Guardian.

Because stealth.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    rogue or chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    rogue or chicken
    I've had the most success with rogue on FC maps

RL: "Okay EFC just crossed the river, kill team on him, all healers with FC"

P1: "oh its a rogue, need someone with a ranged stun to stop him"

P2: "Ill snare him and wait for....oh never mind, I dismounted and now he is out of range"

P3: "Snare up, oh nvm, BoS cleared it an now he is out of range"

P4: "Evasion is up, can't land my snares and now he is out of range"

P5: "Chillblains up, oh wait nvm he cloaked and now he is out of range"

P3: "why is he running faster than me when I'm mounted?!"

P5: "Hold on asphyxiate is up Ill stop him...nope by the time I got in range and dismounted he was out of range"

(FC dies)

P2: "screw BoS and screw this game"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulvye View Post
    RL: "Okay EFC just crossed the river, kill team on him, all healers with FC"

P1: "oh its a rogue, need someone with a ranged stun to stop him"

P2: "Ill snare him and wait for....oh never mind, I dismounted and now he is out of range"

P3: "Snare up, oh nvm, BoS cleared it an now he is out of range"

P4: "Evasion is up, can't land my snares and now he is out of range"

P5: "Chillblains up, oh wait nvm he cloaked and now he is out of range"

P3: "why is he running faster than me when I'm mounted?!"

P5: "Hold on asphyxiate is up Ill stop him...nope by the time I got in range and dismounted he was out of range"

(FC dies)

P2: "screw BoS and screw this game"
    Movespeed is capped at 200% in rated battlegrounds (no dk/paladin riding faster, no rogue sprinting faster than mounts etc).

FC movespeed is limited to 100% after 4 stacks of flag debuff (120 seconds after picking up the flag) in RBG-s.
    Not to mention something like a hunter with frozen munitions or any other spec with spammable snares will stop him cold.

Also Deepwind Gorge cart carrier is limited to 100% movespeed. Good luck carrying a gold cart across the map while taking a heavy pounding as a rogue.
    Last edited by Romeo83x; 2014-12-23 at 08:34 PM.

blood dks...because...lol damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    FC movespeed is limited to 100% after 4 stacks of flag debuff (120 seconds after picking up the flag) in RBG-s.
    Not to mention something like a hunter with frozen munitions or any other spec with spammable snares will stop him cold.
    With how retarded rbgs are now, you will rarely get 4 stacks before fc drops (unless both are burst of speed rogues). Also hunter frozen ammo hits every ~3 sec, conc shot every 5 sec. That will not keep a rogue snared if all he has to do is burst of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    blood dks...because...lol damage
    Dead in a blanket silence/stun.
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2014-12-24 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take a Guardian who can shape-shift out of everything ever than a Burst of Skill Rogue. At least the Druid has mitigation and gap closers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    I'd take a Guardian who can shape-shift out of everything ever than a Burst of Skill Rogue. At least the Druid has mitigation and gap closers.
    They get soloed by just about any dps. Guardians are not viable anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying it's viable, just that I'd rather it over a Rogue. What do you think is viable amongst the tanks, then?

Maybe you haven't played RBG-s in the last week or so, but Blizzard removed the 50% extra damage taken penalty from tank specs in RBG-s.

Dedicated tank specs have the best survivability now and it's not even close. Solo dps doesn't do shit to a guardian.

rogue if you know how to gear properly

also you cant win with a rogue fc if your team isn't communicating at all

Deleted
    I have no idea why everyone seems to be fanboying rogues so much, but with the way stacks stack up, rogues are dead in the water after 4 stacks, which is pretty quick.
    I still go with a trusted warrior but feral might be marginally better

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    I have no idea why everyone seems to be fanboying rogues so much, but with the way stacks stack up, rogues are dead in the water after 4 stacks, which is pretty quick.
    I still go with a trusted warrior but feral might be marginally better
    do you honestly think the rogue is going to sit still in the base while people attack him? the entire point of rogue fc is to kite the everliving shit out of the enemy team since stacks dont limit speed anymore. just get a hpala on defense, freedom the rogue, and the rogue is miles away from any dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    do you honestly think the rogue is going to sit still in the base while people attack him? the entire point of rogue fc is to kite the everliving shit out of the enemy team since stacks dont limit speed anymore. just get a hpala on defense, freedom the rogue, and the rogue is miles away from any dps.
    That's not true, 4 stacks limits movespeed to 100%. Confirmed as of 10 hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    That's not true, 4 stacks limits movespeed to 100%. Confirmed as of 10 hours ago.
    i was running the same speed as a rogue, we both had burst of speed on, i was at like 7-8 stacks the other day. so...