Rogue Challenge Mode Spec

Hello. So I've been wanting to get into some CMs because I really would like to get Gold this x-pac since I didnt in MoP as I didnt play it. And I just did the CM daily of Auchindoun and cleaving seems like really slow and I barely do cleaving dmg unless I actually blow Adrenaline rush.

Now granted, I'm not full haste gear, but since everything is downscaled I doubt ilvl 630 is gonna bring me sick energy regen. Am I wrong in thinking this? Is combat the go to spec for CMs or is Muti or Sub better? Muti seems really easy and scales well at low ilvl but maybe you guys know better.

Pls help me as I dont want to be a hinderence to groups I barely do have the opportunity to join, since everybody in premade groups is asking for 8/8Gold or no invite.

I did gold as combat. I doubt I could do better playing another specc. Combat AoE doesn't suffer from being back-loaded, and the specc works very well with MfD.

Deleted
    Run with 2 specs so you can do optimal Single Target and AoE-damage. Combat + Sub is good. You can change spec while doing a CM, but you cannot change talents or glyphs. You have to do that before you hit the switch.
    Just tell your group you need 3 sec to respec. It's not gonna cost ya gold.
    My two cents

7+ Year Old Account
    I recommend combat. Despite the low energy regen in the CM due to the iLvl adjustment, combat can do massive amount of AoE which is pretty much significant in reducing the time dealing with the the trash mobs. (Not to mention that as faster the trash mob dies chances of tank survival increases - it's "safer")

As Ganthar said, you CAN switch the spec during the CM so you might as well also prepare for Sub for greater single target DPS, however I really don't think it is necessary as not a lot of boss mobs are "patchwerk style" single target. In fact, lots of bosses require some AoE cleave which makes combat a more viable spec.

Oh and try to grab much of haste and multistrike gear as much as possible.

Deleted
    I did them all gold as combat and my gear was far from optimised. you really don't see the potential of combat unless you are going for gold and doing large pulls where combat has its chance to shine. Boss dps is not that good it has to been said but it certainly isn't terrible. pre pot / pot goes a very long way to increasing your boss dps. We only actually used invis pots in 3 (i think) instances favouring rogue stealth as the dps loss from not potting for 10mins was crazy. I didn't run MfD but thats probably an oversight by me and seems like a wise choice.

also make sure you send your followers to get any 630 items form missions. Mine have collected me around 5 items with haste / multistrike which i'm saving if i ever go back to CMs. Saves you running dungeons

Hmm is it best to go with the Haste enchant or with the bleed one? Price difference aside i am trying to optimize my gear for when we go for Gold.Also I haven't played combat since patch 6.0.1 so is it applying Instant poison to the targets hit by blade flurry?
    Last edited by Sturmgewehr86; 2014-12-27 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    Hmm is it best to go with the Haste enchant or with the bleed one? Price difference aside i am trying to optimize my gear for when we go for Gold.Also I haven't played combat since patch 6.0.1 so is it applying Instant poison to the targets hit by blade flurry?
    You should read through the combat-rogue guide on Icy-veins.com, it will answer most of your questions.
    Yes, Blade Flurry applies instant-poison to all targets. Don't see what this changes for you though.
    Double haste-enchant is the best for combat-rogues as the haste-effect not only stacks but can also renew itself. So it will give you alot of the haste you may be missing from gear.
    The bleed from the bleed-enchant only gets applied to your main-target and does not get spread through blade-flurry where as the haste from the haste-enchants will give you more energy and auto-attacks with BF.
    Last edited by mmoc02442228ec; 2014-12-27 at 03:31 PM.

Since there isn't a Rogue CM thread i will ask here.What will be the best choice for CM in our last tier- Shadow Reflection or Venom Rush? I am leaning towards SR for burst but i will appreciate any input from rogues that have done gold as combat.

Deleted
    Venom Rush is our best choice since DfA fix/nerf. You won't get good value of SR since there's a lot of cleave, and even on bosses, that talent just doesn't scale very well for combat