Question [Healer] Grid Replacement Help

I really, really like Grid. It's been my go-to raid frame for several expansions, and I've tried hard to keep it working for me despite lack of support for key plugins. Unfortunately, it seems that with WoD it's reached a point where it's no longer giving me the information I need in a reliable way.

The default party frames are great for 5-mans, but they take up WAY too much space in larger groups. I'm super spoiled by Grid's ultra-compact layout, and I'd really like to keep that going forward, but it feels like all the alternatives I've tried fail to preserve that and eat up a lot more space as a result.

I pretty much kept it as small as you can go, like so-

Is there anyone else who's (reluctantly) transitioned off of Grid, and actually found a satisfactory replacement? I'd really like to get as close to the same feel as possible. Suggestions (and any relevant details about settings) would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

I feel your pain, care to list off the Modules you've lost in your battle?

GridIndicatorSideIcons and GridStatusHots don't seem to be working for me at all anymore. Those were the big ones as I used them to track Earth Shield and Riptide.

I've also had intermittent fights with GridStatusRaidDebuff not working for certain mechanics (particularly in MoP), but I haven't tested that one too extensively yet in Highmaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiquihuite View Post
    GridIndicatorSideIcons and GridStatusHots don't seem to be working for me at all anymore. Those were the big ones as I used them to track Earth Shield and Riptide.

I've also had intermittent fights with GridStatusRaidDebuff not working for certain mechanics (particularly in MoP), but I haven't tested that one too extensively yet in Highmaul.
    Phanx changed the way Indicators and Statuses are registered and most fixes can be done pretty quick, I've yet to fix a few of the ones that have long since been lost:

GridIndicatorIconBar, GridIndicatorCornerIconBar, and GridIndicatorText3

I was in the same boat, liked Grid because it was simplistic, but yeah its very limited and having to find modules to fit your needs is frustrating.

Go with VuhDo imo, thats what I did. Sure it may be a bit confusing at first, but there is a ton of help out there and it is extremely customizable.
    Graviity

FWIW, I use ShadowedUF, and have a layout that is pretty close to what you describe. With their "aura indicators" support built in now, adding those side indicators is pretty simple. If you can't get satisfaction with Grid, that might be somewhere to try. (Turn off most of the default decorations, ofc

Also works fine with Clique if you like that.

Deleted

This is a screenshot of Vuhdo in simple form. As you may have guessed i play a druid and the little icons on the corners / middle edges of the unit frames squares are my hots that i can track with this addon. As someone else mentioned previously its a little complex to setup how you want it but there is a ton of help out there and if needs be PM me and ill help you out. I've used this addon since the beginning of cata coming from using grid. Vuhdo has built in keybind / mouseover macro settings. For example left click a player frame casts rejuv, shift left click will cast healing touch etc. And you can of course make this alot smaller or bigger to suit. Imo its the best healing raid frames out there.

I was in the same boat, I switched to Grid 2, all addons still work perfectly with it, although I miss some settings from grid 1 (esp. the layour customizability).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth noting that there's a new plugin for Grid, GridIndicatorExtra, which provides all the corner and side icon and text indicators.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I switched from Grid to VuhDo for healing a few years back and it was the best decision I've ever made for my healing characters. I even use it on my DPS toons now and just deleted Grid altogether. VuhDo is that good.

Did you try the default raid frames? am curious since they do show most / all the info I need to see