High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Terrible Clipping on New Tauren Models

I main a Tauren protection warrior and copped myself a Blackrock Bulwark pretty early into the expansion (with the help of a few friends). Unfortunately, the awesomeness that is the Bulwark's model is being heavily overshadowed by the terrible clipping on the new Tauren model. Now, I'm a hug fan of the new models, and do think they were needed. That being said, I think a bit more work could have been done (and should be done) to fix issues such as this:

New model: http://puu.sh/dwhCM/070a0c89b6.jpg
    Old model: http://puu.sh/dwhFN/d2b84dd89b.jpg

For what it's worth, this issue is not unique to the Blackrock Bulwark/Bulwark of Azzinoth. I'm willing to take some screenshots of other shields if there are any doubts.

Am I the only one who is frustrated/cares at all about this? Obviously, it isn't ruining the game for me. I've been tempted to turn off the newer models, but have decided against it because, overall, they really are much more pleasing to the eye.

So...what are your thoughts on the matter?

I agree, I've noticed it on my tauren as well. I believe it's because of two simple things, namely shoulderpads being rotated down more on the new model, as well as shields being anchored on the forearm (causing them to be higher up and rotated inwards) rather than on the wrist or hand.

Both of those would be easy fixes, but I'm sure there are many more clipping issues to be found. That said, they could work for years and still not solve all clipping issues, and I'm usually okay with it but these are some of the most blatantly obvious ones that detract from the look.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, exactly. I don't really care about little issues (tabard clipping, minor issues with cloaks). I just can't stand having my shield almost touch my head through my shoulders. It makes me feel like the exact opposite of an impenetrable fortress of a tank, lol.

My Fem Draenei (Elemental Shaman) clips her arm through her shield every stride she takes. It is annoying.

Why is it that the new models seem to have more clipping issues than the old ones for most races?

Hey thats a small issue ... Tauren druids have a whole zone where we cant enter buildings in any shapeshifting forms bloody huts need bigger doors !

on topic .. yes there is still too much clipping going on

10+ Year Old Account
    They are fixing the clipping issues in 6.1
    don't expect this to last for to long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    Why is it that the new models seem to have more clipping issues than the old ones for most races?
    They were rushed. They still have some pretty big issues that need to be dealt with.