Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrick View Post
    You will occasionally lose some Lnl stacks if you get two procs in a row because you can't spend them fast enough.
    I saw this happen to me a couple of times and was wondering if my eyes played tricks on me, did I get a second proc or was it still part of the first proc, I got real sad when I realised it was actually a second proc and lost 2 free ES's. I know it is my own fault for not spending the lnl procs right away, the first time it happened to me I was in the middle of an barrage on tectus and the second time I was waiting for my on use trinket to finish cooldown (3secs left) and both times it procced back to back, guess I will just have to stop being silly and just fire away to prevent it from happening again.

The set bonuses doesnt look too bad, I mean it is better then what we have currently..... which is nothing =P

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrick View Post
    Approximately. Lnl gets triggered immediately (which isn't so much a proc) before the first tick, and then you get the normal 1 guaranteed proc chance for BA.

The way procs are computed for BA is not what you might expect. It's not actually 20% chance each tick. It first computes the number of procs, then randomly distributes them across the ticks of BA. More specifically, start with the guaranteed proc, then roll the 20% proc chance until it fails (or you run out of ticks), adding a proc for each success. Then randomly distribute those across the ticks. This averages to 1.25 Lnl procs per BA. You will occasionally lose some Lnl stacks if you get two procs in a row because you can't spend them fast enough.
    Yeah what actually worries me is it is coded as success rate x>or=1 instead of proc LnL + x> or=1 so its not how thats coded what worries me, its the actual set messing with the in game coding if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    Yeah what actually worries me is it is coded as success rate x>or=1 instead of proc LnL + x> or=1 so its not how thats coded what worries me, its the actual set messing with the in game coding if that makes sense.
    As I recall, it matches what Celestalon described, and worked correctly in Beta. Thus I don't think it will be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the real question for is, does the LnL procc from the 2 set stack with the original procc from Black Arrow? Probably not, but would have been awesome if it did, 'cause I hate seeing 2 LnL proccs go back to back right now and I can't use the 3rd ES that costs focus...

10+ Year Old Account
    The 4 set stacks or at least it did on beta . Meaning you can always have it up.

i like the 2 and 4 pieces bonus set for surv. MM bonus is what the fudge?!?! I was hoping for a chance for aimed shot process to be instant. Bm isn't so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    2 piece looks good however I fail to see the 4 piece bonus having much if any impact at all, with Hunters slow attack speeds and multistrikes extremely low proc rate you will virtually never make use of that multistrike damage increase in that time frame.
    MS procs quite a bit when you have enough of it. I'm sitting at 1400 MS right now and get a lot of procs. Once we get into foundry and see the MS gear those numbers will jump up even more. I'm willing to bet that this will impact dps by a good margin

- - - Updated - - -

Actually using askmrrobot, a general SV hunter using Azor's stat weights in BiS foundry gear and buffed will get to 38.4% MS. So 40% chance (x2) on every shot to MS. Right now with a ~20ish% I see quite a bit of MS so doubling that number would be a considerable boost.

Our Mythic Kargath logs from last night, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xwKMfv6dJazgPLr3#fight=5&type=damage-done&source=23 , I had over 2.2 million dmg from multi strikes alone. If even half of that is buffed by 15% that is a pretty significant increase for a set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    2 piece looks good however I fail to see the 4 piece bonus having much if any impact at all, with Hunters slow attack speeds and multistrikes extremely low proc rate you will virtually never make use of that multistrike damage increase in that time frame.
    Survival has a lot of Dots. There are plenty of things going on to take advantage of it.

Early xpac Tier sets always have boring bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigga93 View Post
    Early xpac Tier sets always have boring bonuses.
    How are they boring ? At least it's not <insert move> does 10% more damage or has 5% more crit chance . These bonuses are fine.

I wonder if the 4pc means we'll be shot weaving on LnL procs to extend the buff, or does the buff stack so that we get a 45% increase on LnL.

--edit--

Or will be be doing both, shooting them in 2 second intervals so that we'll get 2 secs at 15%, 2 at 30% and 3 at 45%. If the interaction works like that it could be a pretty big shift to play style that adds a skill cap to the easy spec.
    Last edited by Jantof; 2014-12-31 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantof View Post
    I wonder if the 4pc means we'll be shot weaving on LnL procs to extend the buff, or does the buff stack so that we get a 45% increase on LnL.

--edit--

Or will be be doing both, shooting them in 2 second intervals so that we'll get 2 secs at 15%, 2 at 30% and 3 at 45%. If the interaction works like that it could be a pretty big shift to play style that adds a skill cap to the easy spec.
    i asked about it on twitter a very long time ago and celestalon's answer was its a 2 sec buff thats duration gets extended by every cast ie, ES 2 sec 15%, ES 4 sec 15%, ES again 6secs of 15% (assuming you could do those instantly so no time was taking off the buff :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantof View Post

--edit--

It stacks . For example you shoot three explosives in a row the buff will last 9 seconds or what ever. In theory you can keep it up for a long time if you get good rng .

Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    i asked about it on twitter a very long time ago and celestalon's answer was its a 2 sec buff thats duration gets extended by every cast ie, ES 2 sec 15%, ES 4 sec 15%, ES again 6secs of 15% (assuming you could do those instantly so no time was taking off the buff :P)
    Each proc extends the Heavy Shot buff another 3 seconds. Simc simulates them correctly, based on discussions with Celestalon. the net result in a simulated Pachwerk fight is that the buff is up for 97% of the fight, so it's only really going to drop during extended movement periods, and then only briefly.