Deleted

Milling is such a drag

Wasn't there a statement of blizzard that they may think of changing milling so that you can mill more than 5 herbs at once?
    It really sucks to keep my inscription dudes up2date with their dailies and work orders because how milling works (you don't even get special pigments anymore or do herbs differ in quality and you only get 2-3 most of the time).
    This is a matter under the flag of quality of life imo.

Deleted
    I Feel your pain.
    at one point I was making 5-10 of every glyph in the game. That was a metric fuck ton of milling that was needed to be done. I would love to see an option of "mill all" maybe then I would start AHing again.

Someone at Blizzard asked if Milling could be made as Smelting currently is (Or was, now that you only melt things for items pre-600 in BS/Engi).
    Even though they joked abit about it, then I do think they are considering it, as it is a tedious job to mill those +2000 herbs. Usually I end up making a macro -> Auto-loot -> macro on my mouse which keep clicking the macro.

Deleted
    The followers should do something useful for once. Do some milling ffs!

Yep someone asked about prospecting and milling at Blizzcon. Tom Chilton said they didn't see any reason why they couldn't add something similair to how smelting works for mining and that it would be a good quality of life improvement. Still not heard anything concrete about it.

At the moment I use the tradeskill master addon which lets me just spam click a button on my screen and that automatically selects the herbs and mill them but you still have to click once and wait 2 seconds before clicking again for every 5 herbs... So you can literally be there 20 minutes just spam clicking a spot on your screen which isn't exactly engaging or fun gameplay.

I think there actually used to be an addon that allowed you to just go AFK while your stuff auto milled but it was against the TOS for the same reasons Botting is or something....

It's been something that's always bugged me and i've never understood why it isn't already in game.. It's not like it would be complex to implement.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-12-25 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I Feel your pain.
    at one point I was making 5-10 of every glyph in the game. That was a metric fuck ton of milling that was needed to be done. I would love to see an option of "mill all" maybe then I would start AHing again.
    It's brutal just making 2-3 of every WoD glyph. Takes me most of an episode of Law & Order just sitting there clicking the TSM button.

Deleted
    I am baffled why they added Smelt All, but haven't added Mill all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Download an addon called millbutton

then make this macro ingame: and press it over and over again. much easier.

#showtooltip Milling
    /run MillButtonSetup()
    /click MillButton
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Download an addon called millbutton

then make this macro ingame: and press it over and over again. much easier.

#showtooltip Milling
    /run MillButtonSetup()
    /click MillButton
    You don't need this, get TSM(tradeskillmaster) instead, it's not only an amazing auction house addon but it has a TSM_Destroy function for milling, prospecting and disenchanting. it's a one click process. Even better, if you want to avoid addons altogether, you just need to make a macro.

#showtooltip Milling
    /cast milling
    /use frostweed
    /use fireweed
    /use...... and so one.

I have no idea why they didn't patch it out completely and let us use herbs directly. Just like JC can use ores withot prospecting.
    Generally they didn't put much thought in balancing professions, or professions in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    You don't need this, get TSM(tradeskillmaster) instead, it's not only an amazing auction house addon but it has a TSM_Destroy function for milling, prospecting and disenchanting. it's a one click process. Even better, if you want to avoid addons altogether, you just need to make a macro.

#showtooltip Milling
    /cast milling
    /use frostweed
    /use fireweed
    /use...... and so one.
    yeah i used this macro + i made macro on my logitech g700s so it was full auto

i think addon that automates it is illegal, thats why there is none

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they never add that. There are already enough noobs posting glyphs for next to free, don't need any more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sawier View Post
    yeah i used this macro + i made macro on my logitech g700s so it was full auto
    The problem is, external app that automates hardware events is clearly, unequivocally against the ToS and bannable, and Blizzard knows via "Warden" tech whether you are using it.

Although, if you're using it to mill rather than click for you in BGs or wherever, the likelihood you'll get a permanent ban is low (3-day ban not so low).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I hope they never add that. There are already enough noobs posting glyphs for next to free, don't need any more of them.
    The reason glyphs are posted for next to free has nothing to do with how many times you have to click to make one and everything to do with the fact that herbs are, to put it mildly, plentiful.

Wow, I haven't played WoW in like, a couple years, and I'm shocked that this is still an unresolved issue. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I have no idea why they didn't patch it out completely and let us use herbs directly. Just like JC can use ores withot prospecting.
    Generally they didn't put much thought in balancing professions, or professions in general.
    This would have been a much better change. Sure, the milling and prospecting made sense, but it was never fun.